How Many Fetuses Equal A Cord of Wood?

Discuss.

http://www.telegraph...-hospitals.html

"The bodies of thousands of aborted and miscarried babies were incinerated as clinical waste, with some even used to heat hospitals, an investigation has found.

Ten NHS trusts have admitted burning foetal remains alongside other rubbish while two others used the bodies in ‘waste-to-energy’ plants which generate power for heat.

Last night the Department of Health issued an instant ban on the practice which health minister Dr Dan Poulter branded ‘totally unacceptable.’

At least 15,500 foetal remains were incinerated by 27 NHS trusts over the last two years alone, Channel 4’s Dispatches discovered.

The programme, which will air tonight, found that parents who lose children in early pregnancy were often treated without compassion and were not consulted about what they wanted to happen to the remains."

Edited by 3rdnlng

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does anyone actually propose they do with the fetuses once they aborted them? If they do not consider that to be a person, then it can only be thought as medical waste. How else do you dispose of a fetus? The women do not want to take home an bury them.

The reality is once that decision is made, the safest thing to do is burn it, I would think.

What would be the other options for disposal?

Edited by Security

What does anyone actually propose they do with the fetuses once they aborted them? If they do not consider that to be a person, then it can only be thought as medical waste. How else do you dispose of a fetus? The women do not want to take home an bury them.

The reality is once that decision is made, the safest thing to do is burn it, I would think.

What would be the other options for disposal?

you would use them as fuel to heat the building? you see nothing wrong with that?

you would use them as fuel to heat the building? you see nothing wrong with that?

Look, they included it will all the other medical waste they had. That is what they do, they burn medical waste. Like I said, what else do you propose? Here is where Capitalism meets abortion, you really want to separate out and find out another way to dispose of this? Seriously, what are they going to do? They will just send the fetus' somewhere else to be burned, and in turn, it if was safe, that place likely also uses medical waste as a supply of heat.

I bet they burn legs and arms they amputate too.

The fetus is already dead at that point.

The world is brutal, but this is OK with me, they already did what they did.

here is where capitalism meets abortion? really?

that is by far the most profoundly retarded thing I have ever heard anyone say, ever.

but you are certainly entitled to your opinion, of course.

here is where capitalism meets abortion? really?

that is by far the most profoundly retarded thing I have ever heard anyone say, ever.

but you are certainly entitled to your opinion, of course.

Well, not sure it is fair call something retarded, and offer no other alternative. I hate that there is no much abortion, I wish people were smarter. Nothing in life is free.

I am sure many other places just pay medical waste companies to remove the fetus' they aborted. Now please, this is from the "Don't as the question you don't want to hear the answer to" type of questions........what in the world do you think they do with that waste then? Is is better that they just burn that waste so long as it doesn't heat a facility? You do realize that most likely everyone else burns the waste too in some way.

Edited by Security

Well, not sure it is fair call something retarded, and offer no other alternative. I hate that there is no much abortion, I wish people were smarter. Nothing in life is free.

I am sure many other places just pay medical waste companies to remove the fetus' they aborted. Now please, this is from the "Don't as the question you don't want to hear the answer to" type of questions........what in the world do you think they do with that waste then? Is is better that they just burn that waste so long as it doesn't heat a facility? You do realize that most likely everyone else burns the waste too in some way.

you miss the point entirely.

soylent green is people.

Dehumanized and desensitized

ab8a70b6eb2ed1dc9a2ecd8c7e282bba_normal.jpeg John Podhoretz @jpodhoretzFollow

This is how we get dehumanized, bit by bit, until we don't even know it's happened.

These are not isolated incidents in some of the UK’s most destitute health service providers. To the contrary, some of these hospitals are the National Health Service’s standard bearers.

One hospital the investigation found to be participating in this brutal and inhuman practice was Addenbrooke’s, a Cambridge University Hospital.

The Hospital, which bids itself as “A centre of excellence… providing expert care in a safe, clean, comfortable and friendly environment,” incinerated hundreds of unborn children in their “waste to energy” plant. The hospital told the children’s mothers they had been “cremated.”

Unbeknownst to a litany of suffering mothers, these “cremated” babies at this and other NHS hospitals were actually being used to as fuel to provide heat for the hospital.

There is no real analogy one can draw to put these acts into perspective.

Medical waste is incinerated as a matter of practice, I believe.

Granted, it's not usually used to heat hospitals... :doh:

It's one of those things that you can convince yourself that they were cremated up until you find out that they were used as fuel. Can't put a finger on it, but know it just doesn't feel right.

It's one of those things that you can convince yourself that they were cremated up until you find out that they were used as fuel. Can't put a finger on it, but know it just doesn't feel right.

I know.

The story's probably over-sensationalized, too. I always thought that medical waste was incinerated in a high-temperature furnace using something like natural gas as the fuel. I doubt it's even possible to use medical waste as fuel directly. So you've got a natural gas furnace, you're using it to burn amputated legs...hey, why not capture the waste heat and use it for something! Makes perfect logical sense.

Oh, wait...what? Aborted fetuses are medical waste too? That get incinerated? In the same furnace? :doh: Still makes logical sense...but you have to be a complete idiot not to see that it's a vaguely unsettling (at best) idea that's going to be perceived as downright horrific, along the lines of "not even the Nazis heated Auschwitz with the bodies of Jews..."

Ten NHS trusts have admitted burning foetal remains alongside other rubbish while two others used the bodies in ‘waste-to-energy’ plants which generate power for heat.

Last night the Department of Health issued an instant ban on the practice which health minister Dr Dan Poulter branded ‘totally unacceptable.’

At least 15,500 foetal remains were incinerated by 27 NHS trusts over the last two years alone, Channel 4’s Dispatches discovered.

The programme, which will air tonight, found that parents who lose children in early pregnancy were often treated without compassion and were not consulted about what they wanted to happen to the remains.

If the investigation turns out to be verified, which appears likely given the response by the National Health Service, the treatment of unborn children has reached a new level of atrocity in the “civilized” world.