Jets Cut Sanchez / Git 'er dun?

Bronc24

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the Jets traded up to get him, I was ecstatic. With the right QB, the Jets roster at that time was poised to do significant damage. He was the critical mistake. I always think of the Jets at that time as a team that proved that you can do almost everything right in regards to personnel, but if you hitch your wagon to the wrong QB, all of that money, time, and energy are ultimately wasted. A thing of beauty! :beer:

Didn't they go to two AFCCG's? They didn't win the SB, but it was hardly a 6-10 season.

From watching Hard Knocks, Sanchez is actually a really good teammate. We need a veteran on this team in the QB room with these young guys showing them how to do things. There's honestly nobody else out there that would fit this role for us. I wouldn't be opposed to signing him for the veteran minimum just to have another guy with some experience. Say what you want but he has played in 2 conference championship games and can help mentor EJ

well to be honest, I would prefer Sanchez at this point in his career over Mike Vick.

Its also very possible Sanchez could flourish in the Marrone/hacket QB friendly system.

What is a QB friendly system? Are you saying others teams aren't friendly with their own QBs? I don't understand the comment.

From watching Hard Knocks, Sanchez is actually a really good teammate. We need a veteran on this team in the QB room with these young guys showing them how to do things. There's honestly nobody else out there that would fit this role for us. I wouldn't be opposed to signing him for the veteran minimum just to have another guy with some experience. Say what you want but he has played in 2 conference championship games and can help mentor EJ

Because he was so good mentoring Smith last year? Experience doesn't matter if you suck.

Didn't they go to two AFCCG's? They didn't win the SB, but it was hardly a 6-10 season.

You said it. "THEY". Go back and watch who "they" were. That roster had a comparable level of talent by NFL standards as USC had in college football. They were the poster children of run and stop the run. We clearly differ on how we perceive Sanchez's contributions to that team's success. The O-line at that time was amazing. The run blocking and T.O.P. was amazing. The defense was amazing. The QB position, not nearly as amazing. As defensive talent waned and an emphasis on the passing game evolved, Sanchez revealed himself to be the primary mitigating factor to there success. I'll agree to disagree. I remember what I saw with my own eyes.

You said it. "THEY". Go back and watch who "they" were. That roster had a comparable level of talent by NFL standards as USC had in college football. They were the poster children of run and stop the run. We clearly differ on how we perceive Sanchez's contributions to that team's success. The O-line at that time was amazing. The run blocking and T.O.P. was amazing. The defense was amazing. The QB position, not nearly as amazing. As defensive talent waned and an emphasis on the passing game evolved, Sanchez revealed himself to be the primary mitigating factor to there success. I'll agree to disagree. I remember what I saw with my own eyes.

Who do you think you're talking to? I said nothing about the Chise. My only contention was your point about 2 AFCCG's being a waste.

Because he was so good mentoring Smith last year? Experience doesn't matter if you suck.

So you are ok going into the season with 3 QB's who between them all have a COMBINED 1 season of NFL starts? We need to add 1 veteran who has been around and played in some big games to lend some experience to our young guys. Who else is available out there that can do that?

I don't like when people use the expression "dirty Sanchez." Maybe I'm wrong, but it sounds racist to me. I personally don't care what race he is. Nor do I care about a lot of the complaints I've heard about his personality. I think some of those complaints are overstated.

But I do care about his stats. Sanchez completes only about 55% of his passes with a modest 6.5 yards per attempt. His QB rating is a humble 72. In this day and age, you really need more from a starting QB.

So if we'd sign him to be a backup - and he's certainly well-qualified to be a backup - the question becomes what kind of mentor would he be for EJ?

So if we'd sign him to be a backup - and he's certainly well-qualified to be a backup - the question becomes what kind of mentor would he be for EJ?

If he would sign a minimum contract and compete for a backup job, what's to lose for the Bills? It's not like they are loaded with experienced winners with lifetime 80+ QB ratings at backup QB. Besides if Tuel beat him out in camp, cut him. (It was interesting to see the word mentor in your post, as I heard Manuel was himself serving as a mentor for Tajh Boyd.)

Sanchez may very well become a good, reliable backup QB. I just don't want the public embarrassment of being the team that signs him.

Then again, he's yet another former-first-round pick-who-never-lived-up-to-the-hype, so I fully expect us to jump on that train.

So you are ok going into the season with 3 QB's who between them all have a COMBINED 1 season of NFL starts? We need to add 1 veteran who has been around and played in some big games to lend some experience to our young guys. Who else is available out there that can do that?

There is not much out there. Most veteran QBs do not want to "mentor". They want to start. Sanchez won't help this team in any way. Watch Sanchez play any other team but the Bills. He is not a good QB.

I beleieve he might be a good 2nd string QB for when EJ hurts hin knee again. Not exactly pro-Sanchize but beleieve he could help us.

Exactly a backup. His starting career is over he is a career backup now and I think is ready to embrace that role. I know Bills fans hate him because he was a Jet but many of the same folks wanted him out of USC. Cut the hate already and realize this guy would be a damn solid back up for us