Need advice. Catching litterers.

boyst

May I suggest something?

Don't forget to get pictures of the approach, the getaway, the northwest corner and the southwest corner. Key here is aerial photography. Do not forget tire tracks, footprints, and dog smellin' tracks, they will help too.

But what really helps is... Get 27 8x10 color glossy pictures w/circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back explaining what each is. Then when you take the litterbugs to court, the man with the seeing-eye dog will fine them 50 bucks and make them pick up the litter in the snow. Only then will justice will be served!

:-)

:thumbsup:

Edited by eSJayDee

for $3 to $4k you can hire someone to temporarily install live feed video in the area being littered.

Or just hook up a go pro camera to a tree trunk.

May I suggest something?

Don't forget to get pictures of the approach, the getaway, the northwest corner and the southwest corner. Key here is aerial photography. Do not forget tire tracks, footprints, and dog smellin' tracks, they will help too.

But what really helps is... Get 27 8x10 color glossy pictures w/circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back explaining what each is. Then when you take the litterbugs to court, the man with the seeing-eye dog will fine them 50 bucks and make them pick up the litter in the snow. Only then will justice will be served!

:-)

Is that you Alice?

The no trespassing signs are up. I will put more up this weekend, probably just because. There is a pile of boulders I stacked about 40 yards from the apartment, and a tall tree there too. I figure setting the camera up about 20' beyond their reach and aiming it right at the camera would get them paying attention...but they'd notice me doing it and likely steal it.

Well perfect then. If you upgrade and get a camera that will send the pic to your phone then you snag the A-Holes on theft charges too. But you also get all the pics of the critters setting it off but who knows a good close up of Big foot has got to be worth some serious cash.