Dashon Goldson hires "hitting coach"

Beerball

Given what we've seen league wide there are plenty of players that need to practice tackling and really can't with their teams given contact practice rules

flat out been saying it for a few years now:

This game has lost touch with the fundamentals of football.

flat out been saying it for a few years now:

This game has lost touch with the fundamentals of football.

Yup - I knew you'd be in this thread quick. And rightfully so, as you are right in a lot of ways on this issue

Makes absolute sense. When you make 7 Million a year,you should be spending some of your own time and money improving your job skills. In most fields, professionals spend a lot of their own time and money doing so, why shouldn't big bucks sports figures do so. I wish it was a trend.

Given what we've seen league wide there are plenty of players that need to practice tackling and really can't with their teams given contact practice rules

I don't know when they ever practice tackling. They can only practice twice in pads during the regular season IIRC. Even in TC they don't tackle much it doesn't seem from what I've seen. I guess they practice tackling dummies, but that can't be the same I wouldn't think.

So he's hired a "Tackling" coach, not a "Hitting" coach.

The way the thread is worded, I was about to say what a bad idea this is. Especially with how Goodell and the NFL are doing all they can to prevent injuries; having a player hire a person to show them how to hit better, would not go over that well.