Report: Bills express interest in Kenny Britt

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Lord, I pray this isn't true. He's a complete moron and he may have quit on his team this year. What has he ever proven at the NFL level? He has one season over 800 yards. If the Bills signed him for anything over the vet minimum, it would be an awful move. There are guys in hte draft just as good as Britt with fair less headaches.

I don't see much similarity between those situations. Da'Rick was a UDFA. Britt was a 1st rd pick. Da'Rick showed very little in TC and had no NFL production when they cut him. Britt has actual NFL production. Britt's off the field issues are much more current and severe than Da'Rick's. No one knows everything that happened with Da'Rick in TC, so we don't know why he was cut other than he didn't play well. From what we heard, Da'rick had issues learning the playbook and with effort. If true, never heard that about Britt. But we also have a new WR coach, there could be differences there as well as far as what he feels he is able to work with. He just can't stay off the police blotter. Two different situations. One was on the field issues (once he got to the NFL), one is off the field.

I don't see anything wrong with bringing in some competition at WR. No, he's not perfect nor does he have a clean track record of injury but that is why he would come cheap and is still available at this stage of FA. He is the type of player the Pats* would bring in and take a flyer on and probably would get production out of. I also don't see why it would affect whether we take Evans if he is the BPA.

Very similar measurables. Both have had off field issues. Britt absolutely has had work ethic and commitment question marks (including missed/late arrivals at practice, and not giving 100%).... Rodgers arguably had the more impressive on field season in college.

Rogers December stats average out to essentially Britts best if stretched out across a season.

42 catches for less than 800 yards is something that no one should've considered outside Rogers reach if given full time snaps.

I'll stand by that I think its a silly move if they are going to let hogan out hustle him for a job, and all things equal Rogers came with all the upside and less MAJOR questions (ie 9 run ins with police), and cheaper last year.

Edited by NoSaint

Very similar measurables. Both have had off field issues. Britt absolutely has had work ethic and commitment question marks (including missed/late arrivals at practice, and not giving 100%).... Rodgers arguably had the more impressive on field season in college.

Rogers December stats average out to essentially Britts best if stretched out across a season.

42 catches for less than 800 yards is something that no one should've considered outside Rogers reach if given full time snaps.

I'll stand by that I think its a silly move if they are going to let hogan out hustle him for a job, and all things equal Rogers came with all the upside and less MAJOR questions last year.

Rogers is going to struggle to make the Colts next year.

And we wouldn't qualify britt as struggling within his nfl career currently? He had 11 catches last season.

I hate Britt and don't want him anywhere near this team. I also think it's laughable how people make excuses for Rogers. He didn't work hard as an UDFA and he got cut. He got cut by the Colts as well. There are plenty of talented football players not to make excuses for unmotivated players.

Dear Lord, I pray this isn't true. He's a complete moron and he may have quit on his team this year. What has he ever proven at the NFL level? He has one season over 800 yards. If the Bills signed him for anything over the vet minimum, it would be an awful move. There are guys in hte draft just as good as Britt with fair less headaches.

He also has 5 years experience, with mediocre QB's at best might I add. His talent and size are more than enough to be worth the gamble. Hate is a strong word lol..

Edited by SmokinES3

I hate Britt and don't want him anywhere near this team. I also think it's laughable how people make excuses for Rogers. He didn't work hard as an UDFA and he got cut. He got cut by the Colts as well. There are plenty of talented football players not to make excuses for unmotivated players.

All I said is that it's odd to cut one 6 months ago and potentially pursue the other now.

He also has 5 years experience, with mediocre QB's at best might I add. His talent and size are more than enough to be worth the gamble.

What has he done to deserve another chance except piss away a great opportunity by being an idiot?

All I said is that it's odd to cut one 6 months ago and potentially pursue the other now.

I agree and that's why we should wait until he actually happens. I wouldn't want a guy like Britt anywhere near our young wrs. As much as people cry about Stevie, he is Mother Teresa compared to Britt.

He's done nothing personally, I don't dispute that. Nothing except stand 6'3" and 225 lbs. with more than legit athletic #1 ability. It's worth the 15% chance he pulls his head out of his ass at 26 years old. Especially on a one year deal.

I'll stand by that I think its a silly move if they are going to let hogan out hustle him for a job, and all things equal Rogers came with all the upside and less MAJOR questions (ie 9 run ins with police), and cheaper last year.

Hypothetical stats? Sure it is possible to think he could have had the same production as Britt, but he didn't because he didn't earn the PT until the end of the season when the Colts were down to nothing for WR. So he didn't. I think Rogers has lot of talent and potential, but not sure you can compare actual production that a player had with hypothetical so that the situation of cutting Da'Rick compares to that of potentially signing Britt. Also, you are looking at these hypothetical stats in March 2014. The Bills cut him in August 2013, when he has 0 NFL production. So not sure it is a headscratcher as to why they cut him, but would take a flyer on Britt. I don't really feel strongly about Da'Rick or Britt, but still see the two situations as being pretty different. Even if you take their college careers and compare them, although you say Rogers was arguably better, a 1st rd pick vs going undrafted is a pretty wide margin. I am aware Da'Rick had off the field issues in college - I said he doesn't have any (that I know of) since he joined the NFL, which is the opposite of Britt.I was not aware Britt had issues with effort or being late to meetings, but if it is still an issue I would think Marrone may shy away from that unless Moore convinces him otherwise.

Rob Moore: "Doug, I've been going over film from 2013. I think the Quality Control coach may be off. I have the play call and the play book but Stevie is not running the route that's called. Can I get the actual play that was called?"

Doug :"Well obvious we need to look at this. I obviously think that you have the right plays that were called. It's just obviously Steven Johnson has a different technique. Obviously"

Rob Moore: "Technique ?"

Doug: "Obviously."

Rob Moore: "Ok, well one more thing. TJ Graham he doesn't seem to be able to catch the ball."

Doug:"Obviously it's an area of Development and we obviously need to cultivate his pass catching ability. obviously "

Rob Moore "You want me to teach an NFL WR how to catch?"

Doug:"Obviously"

Rob Moore: "So I saw Kenny Britt was a Free Agent . . ."

Edited by Why So Serious?

Rob Moore: "Doug, I've been going over film from 2013. I think the Quality Control coach may be off. I have the play call and the play book but Stevie is not running the route that's called. Can I get the actual play that was called?"

Doug :"Well obvious we need to look at this. I obviously think that you have the right plays that were called. It's just obviously Steven Johnson has a different technique. Obviously"

Rob Moore: "Technique ?"

Doug: "Obviously."

Rob Moore: "Ok, well one more thing. TJ Graham he doesn't seem to be able to catch the ball."

Doug:"Obviously it's an area of Development and we obviously need to cultivate his pass catching ability. obviously "

Rob Moore "You want me to teach an NFL WR how to catch?"

Doug:"Obviously"

Rob Moore: "So I saw Kenny Britt was a Free Agent . . ."

LMAO

It really all depends (like mostly all FA signings and guys getting cut or letting them walk) on the terms of the contract. IMO, Brit is a huge talent with a ton of risk. He's proven that he both has the skills but also will screw up. If we got him to sign for a really low number and little guarantees, what's the downside? But we certainly don't want to get into a bidding war with other teams.

It really all depends (like mostly all FA signings and guys getting cut or letting them walk) on the terms of the contract. IMO, Brit is a huge talent with a ton of risk. He's proven that he both has the skills but also will screw up. If we got him to sign for a really low number and little guarantees, what's the downside? But we certainly don't want to get into a bidding war with other teams.

The downside is the amount of work police officers will have.

The downside is the amount of work police officers will have.

hah. well, the upside in that is a smart contract lets you cut criminals with no financial commitment.