SJ Sharks All Class

Dante

I love going to Shark games. They are a class organization from the time you enter the door until you leave. This caught me off guard last night watching the game as I heard nothing about it previously. Almost started blubbering like a little girl.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/sharks-make-sam-tageson-s-hockey-wish-come-true-and-it-s-a-tearjerker--video-070219363.html

Very cool. I don't have a horse in the race this year (happens all too much with the Sabres) Dante, but I am conflicted between the Sharks and Buffalo Blues. Part of me would love to see Ott and (especially) Miller hoist the cup, but the other part of me doesn't want them to win... is that petty? I have always wanted the Sharks to win...Blues are just a team I never thought of, or considered until this year.

Edited by Buftex

My son was born with the same heart defect - he's 9 now. 30+ years ago they didn't know what to do with babies born with HLHS so they ultimately died within the first few days of life. They now have surgical techniques to essentially allow you to function with a 2 chamber heart, but the oldest people living like this are in their 30s so there is no data to show how these people fare as they get into their 40s, 50s, etc. - transplants may or may not be needed. Great to hear that this kid is playing hockey - my son's cardiologist said my son could do just about anything but should avoid contact sports like hockey/football/lax. Classy move by the Sharks!

I lived out there when the franchise was born. They were always awesome to the fans and got really great support despite the relatively tiny number of people in the are who'd ever actually played the sport. I'll never forget the atmosphere at the Tank when they upset the the President's Trophy winning Wings to take a 3-2 lead back to Detroit and then how cool it was when they won game 7. That was as much fun as I've ever had at a live sporting event.

I lived out there when the franchise was born. They were always awesome to the fans and got really great support despite the relatively tiny number of people in the are who'd ever actually played the sport. I'll never forget the atmosphere at the Tank when they upset the the President's Trophy winning Wings to take a 3-2 lead back to Detroit and then how cool it was when they won game 7. That was as much fun as I've ever had at a live sporting event.

It was fun watching the NHL spread to the west coast (Thank you Wayne Gretzky). I was working at a restaurant in Beverly Hills and a few guys that worked there and were Kings fans went to "The Pond" to see a Ducks/Kings game. They said the woman behind them kept asking why they were skating around with poles in their hands. :lol:

Very cool. I don't have a horse in the race this year (happens all too much with the Sabres) Dante, but I am conflicted between the Sharks and Buffalo Blues. Part of me would love to see Ott and (especially) Miller hoist the cup, but the other part of me doesn't want them to win... is that petty? I have always wanted the Sharks to win...Blues are just a team I never thought of, or considered until this year.

Hard not to cheer for Miller if you are a Sabres fan. I get that. Every time the Sharks have played the Blues this season they have handled them pretty easily. Of course things change in the playoffs. Even though the Sharks are playing pretty nice hockey right now the problem is the western conference. Ducks, Kings in our division to get by first. If your lucky enough to get by them you have the Blues and the Black Hawks. Hell, even Colorado(next big power in the west?) and Dallas aren't to be under estimated. Daunting to say the least. So I really don't expect San Jose to even make it to the final let alone win it. Hoping for the best.