Bruce Rauner Wins Illinois Republican Governor Primary

This should shape up to be one of the most interesting Governor elections around the country in November. Rauner, a pretty conservative self made man and the first non-politician in a looonnnggggg time to run has vowed to break through the corrupt and heavily union controlled state government. I've met and have spoken with him. Terrific guy IMO and his only agenda is to fix things. He doesn't need the money, he doesn't need the headache either. He's simply tired of the B.S., corruption and fiscal irresponsibility. Incumbent Governor Quinn has already opened the Dem playbook and is attacking Rauner for his wealth. Should be a good one to watch.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/Bruce-Rauner-Wins-GOP-Gubernatorial-Nod-250893621.html

Fine. Now for the pertinent questions he'll be facing from the mainstream media:

"Mr. Rauner, How many little people did you crush on your reckless and egotistical rise to the top? How many women did you give cancer to? Does your wife have a horse? Do you practice a non-Muslim religion? Why? How many divorce proceedings do you have sealed? Does your house have an internal garage or an elevator? How many refrigerators do you own? What stocks of evil capitalistic corporations that are denuding our forests, polluting our air and water do you own, and how many grandparents have you forced off life support? Inquiring minds want to know Mr. Rauner. It's time to come clean!"

Edited by Nanker

This should shape up to be one of the most interesting Governor elections around the country in November. Rauner, a pretty conservative self made man and the first non-politician in a looonnnggggg time to run has vowed to break through the corrupt and heavily union controlled state government. I've met and have spoken with him. Terrific guy IMO and his only agenda is to fix things. He doesn't need the money, he doesn't need the headache either. He's simply tired of the B.S., corruption and fiscal irresponsibility. Incumbent Governor Quinn has already opened the Dem playbook and is attacking Rauner for his wealth. Should be a good one to watch.

http://www.nbcchicag...-250893621.html

:w00t:

This race will be a fun one. If Illinois goes red? That might have an impact on 2016, and cause the Ds to have to spend $ there, which takes it away from places like NC, VA, etc.

Illinois isn't going red any more than California is going red. Too much union money, kickbacks, voter fraud and corruption for anything to happen beyond what the local officials want to have happen.

http://www.nbcchicag...-250893621.html

The day IL raised my tax from 2.8 to 5%* was the day I vowed to vote against Quinn no matter who the Republican opponent is. And I will stick to that promise.

* was sold as a 'temporary' tax hike. Yeah right.

The day IL raised my tax from 2.8 to 5%* was the day I vowed to vote against Quinn no matter who the Republican opponent is. And I will stick to that promise.

* was sold as a 'temporary' tax hike. Yeah right.

As a business owner in Illinois, we get to pay 6.5%. the 1.5% extra must be the "you didn't build that" tax.

Isn't that state legislature pretty solidly blue? Best he can do is veto stuff and then the dems can run a campaign based on how he "dun't do nuffin" next election. That's if he wins to begin with.

Isn't that state legislature pretty solidly blue? Best he can do is veto stuff and then the dems can run a campaign based on how he "dun't do nuffin" next election. That's if he wins to begin with.

Governor has more autonomy than a President. Quite a bit more actually in Illinois. Yeah, Illinois is a blue state and won't go red any time soon, but Rauner has a good shot to win I think. Quinn won only 2 counties in 2010 (Cook county which is Chicago and near suburbs and 1 small down state county). Quinn has low popularity and is running on the heals of a big tax increase, high unemployment and as a leftover from the Blago era. Rauner will campaign heavily in Cook county and has done a lot of charitable work there.

Even Durbin is vulnerable for Senate this time around. He last won in a presidential election year when Obama was obviously a huge draw in 2008.

It'll be great reading posts about how he's subjecting the Illini to tax decreases and lower state regulations. Hope his wife doesn't have a horse.

Tea Party! Sarah Palin! Tea Party! Sarah Palin! Tea Party! Sarah Palin! Tea Party! Sarah Palin! Tea Party! Sarah Palin! Tea Party! Sarah Palin!

• 7 months later...

Bruce Rauner is about to throw a giant wrench into the Illinois Democrat machine. Rauner's going to win. This is an historic event in Illinois politics electing a Republican businessman with no political experience as Governor. Bravo!!!! This will be fun to watch in the coming years.

Illinois isn't going red any more than California is going red. Too much union money, kickbacks, voter fraud and corruption for anything to happen beyond what the local officials want to have happen.

Well, so much for this, eh? Rauner won. And, as I said: "That might have an impact on 2016, and cause the Ds to have to spend $ there, which takes it away from places like NC, VA, etc."

Now? It will have an impact on 2016.

Bruce Rauner is about to throw a giant wrench into the Illinois Democrat machine. Rauner's going to win. This is an historic event in Illinois politics electing a Republican businessman with no political experience as Governor. Bravo!!!! This will be fun to watch in the coming years.

Credit where it's due: you said this was going to be a race, and an interesting one.

This is a giant wrench in the machine. Like it or not.