Why no interest in Sidney Rice??

sign him to a heavily incentive contract. He is really good receiver.

Perhaps sydney rice doesn't want a cheap incentive base contract and wants the contract of a really good WR?

Especially if poor qb play may hurt his chances to reach the incentives

Edited by NoSaint

I would take Rice 748 yards from 2012. I know he has not been great but he would bring that one dimension we are missing.

I never even heard of Sidney Rice until he played for Seahawks in 2012. Living in the area, I see a a lot of their games. He had great year in 2012. Maybe some may scoff that he only got 748 yards, but he caught many huge balls that year. Several late 4th quarters catches for TDs or to set up TDs resulting in wins. I remember one in particular where late int he 4th quarter Wilson throws a 40 yard pass or so to Rice who had a DB draped on him but he dove for it and caught it. Seahawks went on to get the score and win. He can go up in a crowd and come down with the football.

I'd roll the dice on the injury thing. He did play 16 games in 2012 plus playoffs.

I'd even give him a big contract. Sign him and still draft someone in the first 2 rounds like Watkins, Evans, or Moncrief.

Nothing helps a mediocre QBs like good sure handed WRs.

Maybe if we come out of the draft without landing any of the big WR targets we are looking at, but not now. He had a monster year with Minnesota back in 2009 when they had Brett Favre and parlayed it into a nice contract. He has been brittle ever since. 2012 was his last full season and he didn't do much, but the Seahawks are a power/run first team anyway.

2012 was his last full season and he didn't do much, but the Seahawks are a power/run first team anyway.

Obviously you didn't watch many Seahawks games in 2012 (no problem with that). He was a monster. He played a big part in the emergence of the Seahawks and Russel Wilson on the scene. He was huge in many games.

He could greatly help our team and young QB.

I never even heard of Sidney Rice until he played for Seahawks in 2012. Living in the area, I see a a lot of their games. He had great year in 2012. Maybe some may scoff that he only got 748 yards, but he caught many huge balls that year. Several late 4th quarters catches for TDs or to set up TDs resulting in wins. I remember one in particular where late int he 4th quarter Wilson throws a 40 yard pass or so to Rice who had a DB draped on him but he dove for it and caught it. Seahawks went on to get the score and win. He can go up in a crowd and come down with the football.

I'd roll the dice on the injury thing. He did play 16 games in 2012 plus playoffs.

I'd even give him a big contract. Sign him and still draft someone in the first 2 rounds like Watkins, Evans, or Moncrief.

Nothing helps a mediocre QBs like good sure handed WRs.

Exactly why I want him. Made big plays when needed.

Maybe if we come out of the draft without landing any of the big WR targets we are looking at, but not now. He had a monster year with Minnesota back in 2009 when they had Brett Favre and parlayed it into a nice contract. He has been brittle ever since. 2012 was his last full season and he didn't do much, but the Seahawks are a power/run first team anyway.

He won't be there comes draft time

If the price is right, you must invite.

I like that line. And I agree with it here. He must be asking too much, because he would be a great addition with an incentive laden contract or games played contract since health is his main issue.