Fat, Drunk and Stupid is the new healthy

The Poojer

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to post a link of the movie Thank You for Smoking where he talks about how the German scientist they picked up could prove that smoking does not cause. That he was so good he could disprove gravity. It would have been perfect here. Unfortunately I can't find it anywhere. So for those that have seen the movie, you may now laugh. For those that haven't, you should probably see it because it's hilarious.

Hmmm, no specific study was cited.

It's published in the Annals of Internal Medicine. And it's not a study, it's a review paper (summary of other papers). It's not research as much as button sorting and bottle washing.

And the Daily Mail's article not only absolutely butchers the study, but misquotes the doctor who lead it.

Edited by DC Tom

I wanted to post a link of the movie Thank You for Smoking where he talks about how the German scientist they picked up could prove that smoking does not cause. That he was so good he could disprove gravity. It would have been perfect here. Unfortunately I can't find it anywhere. So for those that have seen the movie, you may now laugh. For those that haven't, you should probably see it because it's hilarious.

Don't need the movie reference. This what the board has DCTom for.

:D

I wouldn't be surprised if its true.

How many diet fads come and go saying that you should do something or eat more of something, then after a little while something else comes along and the last way is wrong and you should be eating more of/doing something else? How many times do you here a study come out and say that a certain food is better for you, then that gets changed and its another food that you should be eating?

The key to being healthy and being well lies more in being active and doing things, then just what you eat. How many have older relatives that grew up coming and eating with lard or high fat foods, yet they lived long lives? many of them also led more physical lives where they didn't spend all day sitting behind a desk or watching TV, they were out doing physical work all day. They did more then just go to the gym a few days a week for a couple hours to get some physical activity in

Personal trainer here. All things should be done with balance and not excess. There is nothing wrong with eating cake, fried foods, candy, soda, etc...As long as you do it in moderation. Obviously these items are not good for your body but you only live once. You want to enjoy the things that taste good in life. Saturated fats taste great, enjoy them once in awhile...Just don't make them a regular part of your daily diet.

Edited by Awwufelloff

Personal trainer here. All things should be done with balance and not excess. There is nothing wrong with eating cake, fried foods, candy, soda, etc...As long as you do it in moderation. Obviously these items are not good for your body but you only live once. You want to enjoy the things that taste good in life. Saturated fats taste great, enjoy them once in awhile...Just don't make them a regular part of your daily diet.

A couple times a year a crave fast food. It's weird. I'll be driving and I'll think "damn, where's the nearest McDonald's?". I load up and I'm good for 6-12 months. Unfortunately I have the same system with exercise. :D

Stop making sense right now! There is no room in this world for reasonable/sensible viewpoints, plus keep in mind we are unable to resist our urges and it's societies fault that Chef stocks up on McDonalds a couple times a year, not his. We need laws

A couple times a year a crave fast food. It's weird. I'll be driving and I'll think "damn, where's the nearest McDonald's?". I load up and I'm good for 6-12 months. Unfortunately I have the same system with exercise. :D

You and me both! Unfortunately my hiatus from FF only lasts about 2 weeks depending on what shift I am on! :wallbash:

since i moved to Philly, i have cut back on fast food severely...in fact i could probably count the number of times in 4 years i have eaten fast food(Disclaimer: WAWA doesn't count as fast food)...i am taking full advantage of the offerings Philly has...now that's not to say i am eating healthier, but eating Amish made Donuts is sooooooooo much better than eating Dunkin Donuts, and a DiNic's roast pork is far superior to a whopper with cheese....

Wow you guys are disciplined. I have fast food once every two weeks on average. :flirt:

For me discipline has nothing to do with it. I have no desire at all for the longest time and then all of a sudden I have to have some. Eating a salad right now for lunch.

Wow you guys are disciplined. I have fast food once every two weeks on average. :flirt:

I eat fast food at least once a week, I think McDonalds tastes great! 43 years old. I exercise a good enough amount.

Question to non fast food people, what exactly do you eat that is fast and cheap when you need fast and cheap?

I eat fast food at least once a week, I think McDonalds tastes great! 43 years old. I exercise a good enough amount.

Question to non fast food people, what exactly do you eat that is fast and cheap when you need fast and cheap?

I get salads from Trader Joe's and have one every day. Mix them up at work. A week's worth of lunches for around $20