Jim Irsay - Busted

H2o

Got divorce after 30 years, lot of money, maybe the best job in sports = there was definitely a lot of temptation. I'm glad no one got hurt. He needs to pay a price but hopefully he gets the help he needs. Painkillers are no joke. The guy is killing himself.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news. The guy has serious addiction problems. It sure seems to me that someone who can afford a fleet of limos at his beck and call isn't in deep trouble or crying out for help when he's wasted and passed out behind the wheel of his own car.

You can really tell which people in this thread haven't themselves, or haven't known somebody who has dealt with substance abuse.

More like, "It's hard to win in the NFL."

Seems like he's been taking the Charlie Sheen approach to winning.

Irsay is just another hypocritical rich religious god Is my co-pilot slug. time for people to get god out of football (as well as politics). jesus doesn't give a rats ass who wins football games on Sunday, he has nothing do with some guy getting an interception or running for 100 yards. to believe otherwise is an insult to his teaching. besides everyone knows jesus is a soccer fan.

Irsay is just another hypocritical rich religious god Is my co-pilot slug. time for people to get god out of football (as well as politics). jesus doesn't give a rats ass who wins football games on Sunday, he has nothing do with some guy getting an interception or running for 100 yards. to believe otherwise is an insult to his teaching. besides everyone knows jesus is a soccer fan.

well you took a left turn with this thread, eh?

He's a drug addict. What does that have to do with religion, other than absolutely nothing?

Just because he's rich, that makes him no less of a victim of addiction.

He can be a rich, arrogant a-hole ... But the fact is that he's a man in need of help to save his life.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. This is kind of "House of Cards" -ish

Tim Evans@starwatchtim 2h

Here's a story I wrote with @markalesia Colts owner Jim Irsay's troubles could go beyond March arrest http://indy.st/1gyJU58 via @indystar

Interesting. I'll say it's not shocking that a guy addicted to prescription drugs would have questionable associates/dealings... Could lead a lot of different directions and it's totally fair to hold him to a higher standard than his players given the huge public money he's getting.