Jim Irsay - Busted

H2o

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really do not want to laugh at this or find any humor because ones inner demons are generally personal and the most destructive. (which is why I have avoided this)

But, with this guys persona I would enjoy seeing him on Celeb Rehab.

And then there's this D-bag, who made a big deal about leaving the league for health reasons:

http://deadspin.com/ex-nfler-who-quit-over-health-concerns-arrested-on-drug-1545636811

i read somewhere that this was his 3rd arrest since retiring, what, 6 months ago?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10621335/jim-irsay-indianapolis-colts-owner-arrested-suspected-dwi

Four felony counts ain't no joke. He is worth $1.6 billion so he may be able to get out of it for the most part. If this was you or I we would be wearing a jumpsuit for a LOOOOOONG time.

depends on the details i suppose. if it were a first offense for you and i and its not an obscene number of pills - you might see treatment, community service and a mountain of non-jumpsuit wearing hoops to jump through.

The Colts fans I know love him - he keeps things interesting, always wants to win, and engages with the fans (even if through social media).

It doesn't excuse what he did. Thankfully, nobody was hurt. The NFL needs to hold him to a higher standard - virtue of his position.

I hope he recovers, acquires the help that he apparently needs, and comes back a better person and owner.

depends on the details i suppose. if it were a first offense for you and i and its not an obscene number of pills - you might see treatment, community service and a mountain of non-jumpsuit wearing hoops to jump through.

this sounds about right.

Certainly an interesting situtation for thr NFL to respond to though.

If Jim wants to get loaded , i dont care. as long as he isnt driving. Thats just being an adult .

If he has issues he wants to work on then he has my support and i hope he succeeds .

Pretty crazy **** though for a man in his position

The Colts fans I know love him - he keeps things interesting, always wants to win, and engages with the fans (even if through social media).

It doesn't excuse what he did. Thankfully, nobody was hurt. The NFL needs to hold him to a higher standard - virtue of his position.

I hope he recovers, acquires the help that he apparently needs, and comes back a better person and owner.

Great post, I got a DUI 12 years ago and will never get behind the wheel under the influence ever again. I hope he learns his lesson without injuring himself or others.

You mean to tell me that an NFL owner that has a net worth of 1.6B can't hire a freaking driver to take him wherever he needs to go? Un-freaking-believable.

If you try to apply rational thought to drug users you are going to become frustrated very quickly.

You mean to tell me that an NFL owner that has a net worth of 1.6B can't hire a freaking driver to take him wherever he needs to go? Un-freaking-believable.

Sounds like the issue is that especially once people around him pushed for the driver it would mean admitting he had a problem.

As ND said, if he's truly in the shape being portrayed by a few sources.... Rational thinking is going to be an issue.