Jim Irsay - Busted

H2o

Jim Irsay - C - Colts

Colts owners Jim Irsay has been arrested on DUI and drug possession charges.

Irsay was booked around 3am Monday morning in Carmel, a suburb of Indianapolis, and his bond has been set at $22,500. Other than that, details are still emerging. The colorful and outspoken Irsay took the Colts over from his father in 1997. He has a reported net worth of $1.6 billion. The NFL's personal conduct policy does apply to owners. In October of 2013, Irsay tweeted that he hadn't had a drink in more than 15 years.

http://www.therepublic.com/w/FBN--Colts-Owner-Arrested

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob Kravitz reaction:

So not exactly shocking to those who spend time around the team. Another article mentions past struggles with pain killers.

yea - i think any time you see a guy that is so blatantly partaking in alcohol/drugs and at the same time claiming to be 15 years without any substances.... its not a good sign for the state they are in. typically it screams of someone in a relapse phase of addiction recovery

Jim Irsay - C - Colts

Colts owners Jim Irsay has been arrested on DUI and drug possession charges.

Irsay was booked around 3am Monday morning in Carmel, a suburb of Indianapolis, and his bond has been set at $22,500. Other than that, details are still emerging. The colorful and outspoken Irsay took the Colts over from his father in 1997. He has a reported net worth of $1.6 billion. The NFL's personal conduct policy does apply to owners. In October of 2013, Irsay tweeted that he hadn't had a drink in more than 15 years.

http://www.therepubl...-Owner-Arrested

Not to be picky but it says he was charged with the suspicion of DWI and not DUI. DWI is a far more serious allegation.

Not to be picky but it says he was charged with the suspicion of DWI and not DUI. DWI is a far more serious allegation.

likewise not to be picky but it says he was stopped for being suspected of driving drunk and the preliminary charge is DWI....

Have a source who worked in the Indy FO for 15 years. He was in rehab for painkillers 15 years ago. Didn't know he had issues currently but not surprised. He is a different guy for sure, but a really nice person;. Polian really kept in check when he was there, but now there is no one in that President/CEO role and Grigson is Irsay's puppet. Not good.He loves attention and PR. This is worst way to get it.

This kind of ruins my impression of Jim Irsay now though because if he was trashed while sending those tweets I completely understand as I've found some not so pleasant stuff on my phone the morning after I've had more then a few

I sometimes wished I had an app with a breathalyzer that would lock my phone in the event I've had too many