Fred Phelps, Westboro Baptist Church founder, near death

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/16/fred-phelps-dying-death-westboro-baptist_n_4974584.html

Fred Phelps, the founder of the highly controversial Westboro Baptist Church, which is known for protesting high-profile funerals with signs that read "God Hates Fags," is said to be dying at a hospice center in Kansas. The news comes via Nate Phelps, one of Fred's estranged children, who wrote this in a Facebook post Saturday night.

I've learned that my father, Fred Phelps, Sr., pastor of the "God Hates Fags" Westboro Baptist Church, was ex-communicated from the "church" back in August of 2013. He is now on the edge of death at Midland Hospice house in Topeka, Kansas.

Let's all write up "God Hates Phelps" signs and protest his funeral.

Something tells me he would enjoy that too much. Not just for the publicity, but that others have proven his point of how much of a dickhead can a person be!

The best course of action is not giving he or his tribe any attention. While !@#$ed up and offensive, they are still probably human beings and I am sure his family will be saddended by his loss. I don't take any happiness is dealth and sadness.

The best course of action is not giving he or his tribe any attention. While !@#$ed up and offensive, they are still probably human beings and I am sure his family will be saddended by his loss. I don't take any happiness is dealth and sadness.

Ah, the anti gator.

Actually if they are real true believers then they will be overjoyed with his instantaneous transition to a life infinitely better than the one here on earth.

good riddance. now, how many more of them are still alive?

He has a bunch of fat sons running around keeping up tradition iirc. I remember watching Jeff Ross (comedian /roastmaster) did a bit on his show where he was "roasting" them. Bunch of fat hillbillies.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

He has a bunch of fat sons running around keeping up tradition iirc. I remember watching Jeff Ross (comedian /roastmaster) did a bit on his show where he was "roasting" them. Bunch of fat hillbillies.

Louis Theroux did a documentary on them or more than one. His non confrontational approach allows you to really get a look into the topics he talks about. I'd also recommend his other documentaries as they are all quite good.

Anyways this is the one I watched:

nutso! just watched the 1st one. amazing this lady can talk about the soldier and the IED. people are wacked.

And notice how non judgmental in his approach which make getting more information easier and ... creepier.

You want documentary coverage? They were on Stern all the time and you never realized they were for real because there are so many Wack Packers you thought it was a stunt.

Why not ignore these people in their ignorance and move on? They're no different then Steve Harvey.

You realize that it's the media hype machine, and people who gave this crackpot attention that gave him ANY kind of a pulpit, right? I any rational society, a nutter like this guy would have never gotten ANY spotlight.

IMO, Phelps was the creation of a hyperactive liberal media hellbent on painting ANYONE who disagrees with their views on homosexuality (or anything else for that matter) as being "phelpsian."

You realize that it's the media hype machine, and people who gave this crackpot attention that gave him ANY kind of a pulpit, right? I any rational society, a nutter like this guy would have never gotten ANY spotlight.

IMO, Phelps was the creation of a hyperactive liberal media hellbent on painting ANYONE who disagrees with their views on homosexuality (or anything else for that matter) as being "phelpsian."

Key point being: he's a crackpot, and he's dead.