George Will's Latest Screed

http://www.washingto...c799_story.html

Is he saying food stamps are hurting the poor or the Fed "printing" money somehow bad? Or helping elderly is bad? Just a laundry list of Conservative whining

What are his solutions?

Without even looking, first, I'm going to ask you a simple question: if your hand is touching a burning hot oven, what is the solution to that?

Doesn't any solution we might try, like putting the hand in ice water, first require us to STOP touching the damn oven?

Or, is that too logical for you to handle? Yes, often when we are doing something stupid, the first thing to do is: stop f'ing doing it. :wallbash:

Now, I will read the article, and edit this with my comments...later...I'm hungry now.

Without even looking, first, I'm going to ask you a simple question: if your hand is touching a burning hot oven, what is the solution to that?

Doesn't any solution we might try, like putting the hand in ice water, first require us to STOP touching the damn oven?

Or, is that too logical for you to handle? Yes, often when we are doing something stupid, the first thing to do is: stop f'ing doing it. :wallbash:

Now, I will read the article, and edit this with my comments...later...I'm hungry now.

What are you eating?

What are you eating?

Ham and Egg sandwich, and these amazing hash brown thingers. There's this little crappy diner nearby that is cheap, and has good and unhealthy food.

Anyhow here's where your understanding of me, or George Will, or the TEA party, breaks down, and leaves reality behind:

....decades after Daniel Patrick Moynihan[A liberal senator from NY] said that if one-third of the money for poverty programs was given directly to the poor, there would be no poor. But there also would be no unionized poverty bureaucrats prospering and paying dues that fund the campaigns of Democratic politicians theatrically heartsick about inequality.

You keep pretending this is about the poor, or that we are somehow against the poor. Personally, the only people I care enough about, to be against them? Progressives, pro wrestling fans, and Scientologists. All three groups add 0 value to society, and can do a lot of damage if left unsupervised.

The poor and elderly aren't on my list, or anybody else's list either. No. Try to understand that my problem is 100% with the bolded line above, and so is the TEA party's. Your problem? You think telling people we hate the poor...distracts them from the bolded above. It does not. You can keep saying it, but, no one is listening.

Everybody know the scam you are running, because you've run it every single election since Dukakis.

Time for something new, because this old crap doesn't work.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Ham and Egg sandwich, and these amazing hash brown thingers.

Anyhow here's where your understanding of me, or George Will, or the TEA party, breaks down, and leaves reality behind:

You keep pretending this is about the poor, or that we are somehow against the poor. Personally, the only people I care enough about, to be against them? Progressives, pro wrestling fans, and Scientologists. All three groups add 0 value to society, and can do a lot of damage if left unsupervised.The poor and elderly aren't on my list, or anybody else's list either. No. Try to understand that my problem is 100% with the bolded line above, and so is the TEA party's. Your problem? You think telling people we hate the poor...distracts them from the bolded above. It does not. You can keep saying it, but, no one is listening.

Everybody know the scam you are running, because you've run it every single election since Dukakis.

Time for something new, because this old crap doesn't work.

sandwich sounds yummy. I don't get the part about how if we just gave away the money to the poor they wouldn't be poor anymore? Yet above that he's saying giving them food stamps is making them poor. what? What does he want, more or less going to the poor ? I understand he wants to get rid all those government jobs that are middle class jobs but not sure how any of that aids the poor

sandwich sounds yummy. I don't get the part about how if we just gave away the money to the poor they wouldn't be poor anymore? Yet above that he's saying giving them food stamps is making them poor. what? What does he want, more or less going to the poor ? I understand he wants to get rid all those government jobs that are middle class jobs but not sure how any of that aids the poor

Consider your own words: if you're not sure how the government jobs aids the poor...what makes you think anyone else is?

What if no one is sure how these government systems aid the poor, but, they are sure how they aid their own pockets/campaigns? 50 years of the "war on poverty"...and 0 results = you've crossed into England vs. France territory.

If we gave the money we spend on government programs every month, directly to the poor, every month? They would literally no longer be classified as "in poverty". Moynihan said we could only give them 1/3 of it. Who cares? I say: Give them the whole thing....and then see what happens. :lol:

I can guarantee you will see howling, and the Ds doing everything they can to stop it. That's because: Giving the actual poor all the money we allocate to "the poor" via government, directly = freeing the slaves.

These newly freed people would be able to afford all sorts of things, and, once they had them, they'd want more. Once we get there? "The poor" have self-respect. Once they have self-respect, they will have the courage to do things like start a business, look for a job, go to school, or any number of things that = "more". The feeling of having more than just survival $ in one's pocket is a very powerful thing. Ask anyone who's in their first real job after college.

Instead, we have things like welfare and food stamps, which keep people down. They are just enough to survive. Keeping people in subsistence mode, is what Democrats want: this way, millions are 100% dependent on them. The Democrats own them. However, the Ds made a huge error: since the private sector unions have been decimated, now Democrats are dependent on this scam as well.

They have to keep it going, or they are finished. Hence, the hubub in Wisconsin.

I don't disparage Democrats for acting in their own self-interest. We all do. However, I do disparage them for pretending it's anything other than self-interest. Today's Democrats don't help the poor, they help themselves, and talk about things that happend 80 years ago, to make it sound good.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Consider your own words: if you're not sure how the government jobs aids the poor...what makes you think anyone else is?

What if no one is sure how these government systems aid the poor, but, they are sure how they aid their own pockets/campaigns? 50 years of the "war on poverty"...and 0 results = you've

I don't disparage Democrats for acting in their own self-interest. We all do. However, I do disparage them for pretending it's anything other than self-interest. Today's Democrats don't help the poor, they help themselves, and talk about things that happend 80 years ago, to make it sound good.

now I've never heard a conservative say that before!?! Wow, throwing money at them will solve the problem? I'd think Conservatives would say hats increasing the dependence

now I've never heard a conservative say that before!?! Wow, throwing money at them will solve the problem? I'd think Conservatives would say hats increasing the dependence

I'm a libertarian, dumbass. Well, I guess there's probably libertarians that would tell me I'm not, but, that's a different thread.

Before I am anything: I am professional problem-solver. I kill problems and make sure they don't come back, and I don't merely move the problem from one place to another. This is what I do, when I'm not helping you to see things clearly. What we are doing with Welfare/Food Stamps clearly isn't working. Doing more, of what isn't working: is FAIL.

The answer is always: stop doing it, first. I.E. Stop touching the oven. More touching the over, pushing harder...solves nothing. But, it's always the same old thing in my job: the oven touchers, and those that designed the oven-touching plan, always fight to keep touching the oven. :wallbash::lol: That's because usually they are either so accustomed to oven-touching, that they don't feel the pain anymore. Or, they really don't know what else to do. Or, they believe that since oven touching is their job, they have a right to force everyone to continue touching the oven...because "they've earned it", and "job security" blah blah blah.

All of that is horseshit.

I've never recommended the termination of anyone who was willing to meet me halfway, and I never will. In fact, I've fought to save entire departments, because the boss was trying to make things work. I'm not always successful, but I'm batting about .600 for my career.

Nothing is new for me here, so here is the answer: Democrats want to keep touching the oven. Period.

Giving the poor the $ directly? That's not more oven-touching, is it? It's a new approach to an old problem...which is what I do.

See? Problem solving doesn't need to be difficult, but it does require thick skin, courage and honesty. The Democratic party has become deficient in all 3, especialy the courage: to admit they are FAILing, and to be willing to try something else that at least has a chance of working.

We can talk about Republican problems, but they do NOT cancel out the Democrat's deficiencies.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

So stop food stamps, earned income credit, heap, unemployment insurance and.....boom....bam.....presto....poverty, unemplyment, the poor........solved?

Kind of hard for you to argue with people when you don't understand their side. You just end up sounding stupid.

So stop food stamps, earned income credit, heap, unemployment insurance and.....boom....bam.....presto....poverty, unemplyment, the poor........solved?

Geez...a progressive taking a discussion to the furthest extreme in an effort to thwart any discussion and make people walk away in disgust. Predictable little knob-gobbler.

Geez...a progressive taking a discussion to the furthest extreme in an effort to thwart any discussion and make people walk away in disgust. Predictable little knob-gobbler.

But you know what's really awesome? Neither one of them read the op-ed piece.

In fact, I'm pretty sure baskin's information on it is limited to gatorman's post. You know you're !@#$ed in the head when your ONLY source of information is gatorman.

But you know what's really awesome? Neither one of them read the op-ed piece.

In fact, I'm pretty sure baskin's information on it is limited to gatorman's post. You know you're !@#$ed in the head when your ONLY source of information is gatorman.

you and LAbillz are funny. Do you two losers read Will's Ann Coulter like op Ed? What di you like about it? I wonder what LABillzd-Douche liked about it?

you and LAbillz are funny. Do you two losers read Will's Ann Coulter like op Ed? What di you like about it? I wonder what LABillzd-Douche liked about it?

I didn't like a damn thing about it. George Will has annoyed the **** out of me for 20 years. He has the singular ability to make me disagree with him about baseball, and I don't even follow baseball.

But - and here's the difference between you and me - I actually read it. And understood it. You know how I know you didn't? Because fully a third of his article - the government's liquidity policies benefiting the rich, and corporations hoarding cash - is composed of your idiotic talking points.

I didn't like a damn thing about it. George Will has annoyed the **** out of me for 20 years. He has the singular ability to make me disagree with him about baseball, and I don't even follow baseball.

But - and here's the difference between you and me - I actually read it. And understood it. You know how I know you didn't? Because fully a third of his article - the government's liquidity policies benefiting the rich, and corporations hoarding cash - is composed of your idiotic talking points.

Almost makes me want to change my screename to something like Georgewill.

I read it, but I didn't need to. All I did was quote yet another mindless progressive making extreme irrational arguments, proving again how concerned they are about the upcoming mid-terms. If Will managed to help progs like baskin piss themselves pants in public again, I'm all for it.

Well Tom, I'm not a self-appointed expert in science, history, warfare, finance and god knows what other honorary degrees you have bestowed upon that head of yours, but I sure as hell know what the f Will was babbling about even if you want to think that only you can figure it out. Your defense mechanisms for your over inflated ego are something to behold though

Well Tom, I'm not a self-appointed expert in science, history, warfare, finance and god knows what other honorary degrees you have bestowed upon that head of yours, but I sure as hell know what the f Will was babbling about even if you want to think that only you can figure it out. Your defense mechanisms for your over inflated ego are something to behold though

What, do you believe, Will meant by this:

"In this sixth year of near-zero interest rates, the government’s monetary policy breeds inequality. Low rates are intended to drive liquidity into the stock market in search of higher yields. The resulting boom in equity markets — up 30 percent last year alone — has primarily benefited the 10 percent who own 80 percent of all directly owned stocks. Charles Wolf writes in the Weekly Standard: “The financial sector’s profits rose from 18 percent of total corporate profits preceding the recession in 2007 to 23 percent in 2013.”

What, do you believe, Will meant by this:

"In this sixth year of near-zero interest rates, the government’s monetary policy breeds inequality. Low rates are intended to drive liquidity into the stock market in search of higher yields. The resulting boom in equity markets — up 30 percent last year alone — has primarily benefited the 10 percent who own 80 percent of all directly owned stocks. Charles Wolf writes in the Weekly Standard: “The financial sector’s profits rose from 18 percent of total corporate profits preceding the recession in 2007 to 23 percent in 2013.”

That's easy! Cheap money has pumped up the assests of the wealthiest people. Will has previously argued that so many people own stocks that this is a good thing, now I guess he doesn't like it. I guess he is also, sort of, making an argument against trickle down?

. The Democratic party has become deficient in all 3, especialy the courage: to admit they are FAILing,

But they aren't failing, they get elected and re-elected by continuing these lies.