Mike Evans - does this effect how you feel a/b him?

I think it's funny that people here actually think these rappers are handling ANY sort of deals or interactions regarding "their" clients.

these guys don't even engineer their own music. what makes you think they legitimately are the ones managing. All they are, are a popular face, put on the face of an agency that bears their label name.

I have problems with people calling their business Cash Money. Isnt Cash the same as money?

in all fairness "cash money" is a pretty popular pairing linguistically.

not to mention a quarter is still technically money, however, it is not cash. so....hm.

but, it's not your business. so you dodged a bullet there

Edited by 87168

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's funny that people here actually think these rappers are handling ANY sort of deals or interactions regarding "their" clients.

these guys don't even engineer their own music. what makes you think they legitimately are the ones managing. All they are, are a popular face, put on the face of an agency that bears their label name.

not to mention a quarter is still technically money, however, it is not cash. so....hm.

but, it's not your business. so you dodged a bullet there

I was being really nice. Give me some Rakim, Nas or Chuck D and I draft Evans right away. When you start messing with no talent fools like all the Lil's in the music business, that is when I draft anyone but Evans.

1. How do you know they're not educated?

2. More than one way to be educated. All education does not come from a class room.

3. They own the company. They use their clout to recruit business to their company.

They hire certified agents to do the negotiations.

4. I repeat they OWN their own company. Make a lot of money using their core talents, then diversify into other interests.

Same thing Jay Z, Quincy Jones, Frank Sinatra and many others did. (See no. 1 and 2 above for how this is possible.)

Because one doesn’t like the music or like the name of the business or erroneously conflate Master P. w/this situation doesn't

make it a bad deal.

I would like to note that you are the THIRD person to post similar points in this thread, along with myself and The Wiz. Yours finally got a response, which I applaud.

Meanwhile everyone is in here making their half-ass middle age white guy "I'm not racist I have black friends" thinly veiled race/stereotype cracks. Well done, TBD. Class acts all around....

Edited by JM57

I would like to note that you are the THIRD person to post similar points in this thread, along with myself and The Wiz. Yours finally got a response, which I applaud.

Meanwhile everyone is in here making their half-ass middle age white guy "I'm not racist I have black friends" thinly veiled race/stereotype cracks. Well done, TBD. Class acts all around....

Fun police. No ones allowed to crack jokes on the guys w tattoos on their faces?

Weezy F Baybay! I'm no racist just having a lil fun. Why so serious ?

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Aww, did someone get their feelings hurt because an entertainer is playing agent once again? Skin color is IRRELEVANT... even if it was Eminem or Vanilla Ice (HA!) it would still be the same...

I was going to respond, "DY-NO-MITE!!!!!!" for all of the old people here....:P

Fun police. No ones allowed to crack jokes on the guys w tattoos on their faces?

Weezy F Baybay! I'm no racist just having a lil fun. Why so serious ?

I agree fully Billz. here we have a specific group of humans that have taken advantage of a music industry pumping Hip Hop into our radio channels. No one will make me believe that a midget called Lil Wayne who drinks cough medicine mixed with Sprite with tattoos on every square inch of his body deserves those millions and millions cuz he can rap using autotunes to alter his voice!

I did a little bit of research...this is what I found...which is certainly enlightening for "SOME" of you...check it out!

J. Cole - Bachelor's in Mass Communication. (St. Johns's - 2007 - MAGNA CUM LAUDE)

Ice Cube - Bachelor's in Architecture. (Phoenix Institute of Technology - 1988)

Chuck D - Bachelor's in Graphic Design. (Adelphi University - 1984)

Ludacris - Bachelor's in Music Management. (Georgia State University - 1999)

David Banner - Bachelor's in Business. (Southern University - 1996)

Tajai Massey (Hieroglyphics) - Bachelor's in Anthropology. (Stanford - 1997)

M.I.A. - Bachelor's in Fine Arts, Video and Film. (Saint Martin's in London - 2000)

John Legend - Bachelor's in English. (University of Pennsylvania - 1999)

Young MC - Bachelor's in Economics. (University Southern California - 1988)

MC Solaar - Bachelor’s in Linguistics and Philosophy. (University of Paris - 1983)

K. Flay - Bachelor's in Psychology and Sociology. (Stanford - 2008)

Guru (Gang Starr) - Bachelor's in Business Administration. (Morehouse College - 1983)

MC Lars - Bachelor's in English. (Stanford - 2006)

Masta Ace - Bachelor's in Marketing. (University of Rhode Island - 1988)

Sage - Bachelor's in Journalism. (University of Rhode Island - 1999)

Maybe they are not qualified to be an agent for professional sports...but to say, "they are uneducated and not intelligent," is extremely ignorant.

How are they supposed to respond, when they know they are wrong? Silence is golden in situations like this.

Like I said, I have been a DJ for 13 years now (professionally)...but I started studying/researching music a long time ago. A lot of these people, the entertainers (rappers, actors, etc)...are more intelligent, in many aspects of life, than some people in this world could ever dream of being. Don't doubt or discredit that. They are where they are in life for a reason. #HardWorkPaysOff

Edited by Bob Malooga

I did a little bit of research...this is what I found...which is certainly enlightening for "SOME" of you...check it out!

J. Cole - Bachelor's in Mass Communication. (St. Johns's - 2007 - MAGNA CUM LAUDE)

Ice Cube - Bachelor's in Architecture. (Phoenix Institute of Technology - 1988)

Chuck D - Bachelor's in Graphic Design. (Adelphi University - 1984)

Ludacris - Bachelor's in Music Management. (Georgia State University - 1999)

David Banner - Bachelor's in Business. (Southern University - 1996)

Tajai Massey (Hieroglyphics) - Bachelor's in Anthropology. (Stanford - 1997)

M.I.A. - Bachelor's in Fine Arts, Video and Film. (Saint Martin's in London - 2000)

John Legend - Bachelor's in English. (University of Pennsylvania - 1999)

Young MC - Bachelor's in Economics. (University Southern California - 1988)

MC Solaar - Bachelor’s in Linguistics and Philosophy. (University of Paris - 1983)

K. Flay - Bachelor's in Psychology and Sociology. (Stanford - 2008)

Guru (Gang Starr) - Bachelor's in Business Administration. (Morehouse College - 1983)

MC Lars - Bachelor's in English. (Stanford - 2006)

Masta Ace - Bachelor's in Marketing. (University of Rhode Island - 1988)

Sage - Bachelor's in Journalism. (University of Rhode Island - 1999)

Maybe they are not qualified to be an agent for professional sports...but to say, "they are uneducated and not intelligent," is extremely ignorant.

How are they supposed to respond, when they know they are wrong? Silence is golden in situations like this.

Like I said, I have been a DJ for 13 years now (professionally)...but I started studying/researching music a long time ago. A lot of these people, the entertainers (rappers, actors, etc)...are more intelligent, in many aspects of life, than some people in this world could ever dream of being. Don't doubt or discredit that. They are where they are in life for a reason. #HardWorkPaysOff

You had to look hard for those big acts! Why don't you take the hottest performers today and see how that goes. Ill give you a list: Eminem, Katy Perry, Rihanna, Miley Cyrus, Chris Brown, Pitbull, Shakira, Beyoncé, Jay-Z and Justin Bieber. That should get you going for a few hours then we can talk about it!

BTW, it took me 30 seconds to find your source. http://www.stereotude.com/galleries/15-hip-hop-artists-degrees/2042671

I like Ice Cube so I checked out Wikipedia. He was a senior in High School in 1987. How did he get a bachelors degree in 1988? One down, 14 to go. But wait, John Legend is not hip hop. 2 down 13 do go!

Ummm......Evans' actual agent tweeted that this story is a hoax, that Cash Money is not a sports agent, doesn't claim to be and isn't trying to be one. https://twitter.com/DerykGilmore?original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Farticles%2F1994734-mike-evans-reportedly-is-1st-athlete-associated-with-birdmans-cash-money-sports&tw_i=445294081766223872&tw_p=tweetembed

So now this thread seems even sillier than it was at the start.

I agree.

However, Jay-Z did manage to get Robinson Cano a heck of a contract in MLB. FWIW

Did he though? How is his off field revenue potential compared to NY? He has been exiled to the outskirts of MLB where he will be completely and utterly off the radar for the balance of his career.

Aww, did someone get their feelings hurt because an entertainer is playing agent once again? Skin color is IRRELEVANT... even if it was Eminem or Vanilla Ice (HA!) it would still be the same...

I was going to respond, "DY-NO-MITE!!!!!!" for all of the old people here....:P

Apparently you adults have a hard time understanding the business model. They're not "playing agent" (in most cases, though Jay-Z did take the extra step recently to become a certified agent). They're INVESTING their money in an agency. Which then hires ESTABLISHED agents or partners with an agency that is entrenched in the business.

If I use my money to buy a meat market and keep all the experienced employees to do the work while I collect a profit, that doesn't make me a butcher. It makes me a business owner.

But rabblerabble tattooface rabble rabble cash money lolz isn't that the same thing rabble rabble disrespecful and other "funny" stuff!

Edited by JM57

Coins are "not cash"?? When did THAT happen?

Or well, at least quarters are still "technically" money. I've got all these quarters on my desk...

Holy cow, buddy.

Ummm......Evans' actual agent tweeted that this story is a hoax, that Cash Money is not a sports agent, doesn't claim to be and isn't trying to be one. https://twitter.com/...tw_p=tweetembed

So now this thread seems even sillier than it was at the start.

True. Not sure the why it matters who anyone's agent is. They all have the same goal.

Did he though? How is his off field revenue potential compared to NY? He has been exiled to the outskirts of MLB where he will be completely and utterly off the radar for the balance of his career.

Cano signed his first multimillion dollar sponsorship (with Pepsi) after he signed with Roc Nation. Never happened with Boras in NYC. In fact, JayZ's main marketing point isn't just that he will maximize players' contract with teams, he sells himself as an agency that can maximize off-field money. He has already delivered for Cano, who no doubt doesn't care if he is in the "outskirts" of the MLB.

Also, Roc Nation Sports is partnered with CAA and Cano is comanaged with a CAA guy named Brodie Van Wagenen, says a Roc Nation spokesman named Ron Berkowitz.....

Edited by Mr. WEO

At least he isnt with Parker.

I have to admit I was not a fan of Evans in the begining but the combine really changed my view and I would love to have him as a true #1 WR in Buffalo.

As much as people may hate to admit it, he IS a playmaker who makes a difference and commands respect/attention of opposing defenses and he would solve the height problem the Bills have been lacking at WR.

Lets just hope if we draft him that he lives up to the Vincent Jackson comparison and not turn out to be another James Hardy.

CBF

At least he isnt with Parker.

I have to admit I was not a fan of Evans in the begining but the combine really changed my view and I would love to have him as a true #1 WR in Buffalo.

As much as people may hate to admit it, he IS a playmaker who makes a difference and commands respect/attention of opposing defenses and he would solve the height problem the Bills have been lacking at WR.

Lets just hope if we draft him that he lives up to the Vincent Jackson comparison and not turn out to be another James Hardy.

CBF

I was about to post the same thing. Great minds. :) Parker's clients probably love him but I'd be done with him if I'm the Bills.

And honestly, you could make a comparison with every player in the draft. Robinson of Auburn seems to be the safest pick in the draft but so did Robert Gallery. Honestly, you just never know what you're getting.