Mike Evans - does this effect how you feel a/b him?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember the whole Ricky Williams-Master P thing and how teams passed on Ricky because of concern over signability? Players should have professionals represent them imo. Hey, at least Eugene Parker is not representing Evans. B-)

Remember the whole Ricky Williams-Master P thing and how teams passed on Ricky because of concern over signability? Players should have professionals represent them imo. Hey, at least Eugene Parker is not representing Evans. B-)

He's representing Watkins though :(

maybe this means we'd be able to take advantage of him in negotiations. or maybe it means doug whaley would get dissed over some sick beats after a contract dispute goes sour. who knows?

really, the issues that affect how i "feel a/b" mike evans:

1) is he a good football player?

2) is he a liability off the field?

3) does he have injury concerns?

4) how does he fit our scheme/needs?

5) who are our other options?

none of which are affected by the identity of his agent. and if you're going to argue with me that this affects #2, i think you should be careful about what you say to justify that opinion.

Agreed.

If Buffalo isn't going to be willing to pay market value to re-sign guy who are among the one or two best in the league at their position, they should stay away from Parker client and clients of any reputable agent.

A better idea would be to start to understand that with the best in football you're going to have to pay very very high salaries and the only real way to avoid that is to trade or re-sign those guys early.

Edited by Thurman#1

Nope, doesn't change a thing.

Same

unless its eugene parker

^this

I think it shows a level of immaturity to sign with these guys so it is a red flag for me honestly

I understand, but it hasn't been a problem yet. Iil' Wayne was with Cash Money and he raps about the Bills. So, it's cool bro.

Edited by KollegeStudnet

I believe that the rappers themselves (in this case Birdman, but also Jay-Z) are not the AGENTS. They are owners of the AGENCY. They're the money men, and the "face" used to recruit the athletes. They then hire their own agents or work with established agencies. ROC Nation Sports works in collaboration with CAA, for example.

This last part!!!!