Forbes: America's Most Affordable City is Buffalo

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You've got to question an article that states the Buffalo is the most affordable city in the US and finish the article with this:

Wages, too, are low compared to the rest of the nation, Pfeiffer notes. According to research by his organization, labor costs for highly skilled workers in Buffalo are 55% less for high tech, 39% less for advanced business services, and 54% for life sciences. Agribusiness and logistics/distribution cost more, though, 22% and 2.6%, respectively.

You've got to question an article that states the Buffalo is the most affordable city in the US and finish the article with this:

There was another article linked this week, from somewhere on the internet, titled something like "Move over Austin, Buffalo is America's new "It" City".

A poorly written "article" (can we expect anything more) that does a nice job of extolling the virtues of WNY culture, art, etc etc...but then just glosses over the fact that the employment situation is miserable. I have been toying with a move back to WNY (from Austin), but am having a difficult time to committing to it, without any real job prospects. I love Buffalo, but I gotta eat...

Edited by Buftex

There was another article linked this week, from somewhere on the internet, titled something like "Move over Austin, Buffalo is America's new "It" City".

A poorly written "article" (can we expect anything more) that does a nice job of extolling the virtues of WNY culture, art, etc etc...but then just glosses over the fact that the employment situation is miserable. I have been toying with a move back to WNY (from Austin), but am having a difficult time to committing to it, without any real job prospects. I love Buffalo, but I gotta eat...

Yes I saw that article. I was poorly written. Sounded like a college student doing a paper for her journalism class.

hopefully welcome back. What business are you in ?

I think it was something like that. A blogger at best.

BTW, what happened to the soccer is great thread? I get emails when people post to threads that I've posted on, and yesterday morning that happened and when i linked to it, it was gone! I didn't see any inflammatory posts on it.

I'm not sure if you're serious but I'm pretty sure I would. I know a ton of people in WNY.

[Chef Jim begins to research "How to bury the body"]

i wouldn't joke like that Jim. My sarcasm don't is broken and I'm not as smooth as DC Tom and his hall of fame worthy delivery.

Seriously, Buffalo is a great place for food and I'm sure any good chef could/would do well here.

BTW, what happened to the soccer is great thread? I get emails when people post to threads that I've posted on, and yesterday morning that happened and when i linked to it, it was gone! I didn't see any inflammatory posts on it.

I was wondering that myself. And Darin's posts were pretty inflammatory. :lol:

i wouldn't joke like that Jim. My sarcasm don't is broken and I'm not as smooth as DC Tom and his hall of fame worthy delivery.

Seriously, Buffalo is a great place for food and I'm sure any good chef could/would do well here.

Oh, I don't cook professionally anymore. I do financial planning work which I know I'd do well with that there with all the people I know.

[Chef Jim searches "Top 10 Alibis When Wife Goes Missing"]

I was wondering that myself. And Darin's posts were pretty inflammatory. :lol:

Oh, I don't cook professionally anymore. I do financial planning work which I know I'd do well with that there with all the people I know.

[Chef Jim searches "Top 10 Alibis When Wife Goes Missing"]

jist make sure your with your girlfriend the night your wife goes missing.

Love it! LoL... Ha: "Soccer is Great" thread.

Yeah, you are right. What happened? One of the last posts had to be my wise crack about moving it to the soccer forum. Did they move it there?... I know there is no soccer forum. :D

Anyway... I would move back to Buffalo and go back to work @ the Black Rock Lock again... But they will be frozen in til June! Maybe if a dam operator opened up @ Mount Morris, that would be cool! I always thought it was funny that Buffalo USACE District had one lock and one dam but they are 60 miles apart! And neither has the other... LoL...

Here I am wise cracking w/bbb again... Watch, we here in Chicago will be frozen in till April!

Please... Oh Snow Gods... Make it stop, I am just a wise cracking, simple man, trying to feed his family! :D

jist make sure your with your girlfriend the night your wife goes missing.

Even if he doesn't, he's go a friend on the "inside" @ Attica! ;) And family won't have far to travel to come and visit... That is, if it happens in NYS. :D

I would consider it seeing I'm getting older and all my family is there and I've been gone over 30 years. But I'd have to dump the wife first. :lol:

I mentioned to my wife that I would consider moving back to Buffalo while we were talking over possible retirement scenarios, she laughed in my face.I guess I should have held off the comment until it was a nice summer day before entertaining that thought .

I mentioned to my wife that I would consider moving back to Buffalo while we were talking over possible retirement scenarios, she laughed in my face.I guess I should have held off the comment until it was a nice summer day before entertaining that thought .

I'm considering more tax friendly areas. When you can reduce your tax burden by 10% right off the top and then in other areas (such as property taxes) NYS is not even close to being an option.

Oh and BTW your wife is much nicer than mine. At least yours laughed when you brought it up.