Have we lost Chandler too?

yes. Very much so. Losing Chandler would be a bigger mistake then losing Byrd. Chandler has been the most consistent and reliable catcher the Bills have had and arguably the best TE we have had in 20 years. He isn't Frank, Graham or Gates but he is a legit TE and he would easily be the best 2nd TE on any team in this league. A big target in the red zone, something we desperately need more so then WR's - we have no viable options to replace him and it would be just like Levitre.

I don't care if he has to start in 2014. We don't need to make a hole at a position we are already empty at as it stands. We need to retain him and we need to get another TE in the house. Moeki is ??? Cousin is ???? Lee Smith experiment isn't working. And Gragg couldn't find the field for a good reason.

+1

yes. Very much so. Losing Chandler would be a bigger mistake then losing Byrd. Chandler has been the most consistent and reliable catcher the Bills have had and arguably the best TE we have had in 20 years. He isn't Frank, Graham or Gates but he is a legit TE and he would easily be the best 2nd TE on any team in this league. A big target in the red zone, something we desperately need more so then WR's - we have no viable options to replace him and it would be just like Levitre.

I don't care if he has to start in 2014. We don't need to make a hole at a position we are already empty at as it stands. We need to retain him and we need to get another TE in the house. Moeki is ??? Cousin is ???? Lee Smith experiment isn't working. And Gragg couldn't find the field for a good reason.

Chandler also makes difficult catches. What comes to mind is a guy that makes tough catches over the middle when he knows a big hit is coming. This is an innate trait in my mind and something that cannot be taught. Also a great thing to have for a young and inaccurate QB.

Chandler has shown me enough that he deserves to have the "safety outlet" label replaced with "solid weapon."

I agree with the above, that is why i think he'll be walking....

btw we had simular things said about a big WR we had a couple of years ago and decieded not to retain whomwent to the jests.;) But Chandler is better than Nelson was.

:lol: Maybe we can write the Chorus : "So byeeee byeeee 6 ft 7 white guy, threw the pigskin to your arms but you let the ball fly, the Falcons laughed and all I could do was cry, thinking this will be the day that you try...this will be the day that you tryyyyyyy"

Tremendous work.

I agree with the above, that is why i think he'll be walking....

btw we had simular things said about a big WR we had a couple of years ago and decieded not to retain whomwent to the jests.;) But Chandler is better than Nelson was.

who is David Nelson, for $600, Alex?

I was a big fan of his and outspoken about my thoughts that he should have been offered a contract

Hey, now. The original post was "Have we lost Chandler too?"

That is a question and not a declaration.

My poem was more about the enormity of signing Caussin, a guy who has not played for 2 years. If we think that's a better signing than the guy who led our team in receptions last year, then maybe we are buying into the company line.

By the way, being the leading receiver on the Bills may be akin to being the tallest short person in the land of Oz.

Does anyone else see the irony in the fact that Scott Chandler was a complete unknown when we signed him? He was on no ones radar screen and had pretty much been a bust at San Diego, the Giants and Dallas (he had never caught a pass). Now we are lamenting his possible departure because all we are signing are complete unknowns.

I'm lamenting his loss, if he goes, because he did have some nice moments for us, more than most. And I'm also butt/nutt confused about the Caussin deal. Why don't they just sign Lonnie Johnson. He hasn't played in a while.

Did you know that Scott Chandler was out of football between 2007 and 2009. I am not saying Caussin is anything special but again I find it ironic that Chandler is being used as the poster child for name players