Reporter Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS - claims liberal bias

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wasn't Bernard Goldberg's book 'Bias' about his time at CBS news?

Hers appears to be a little different and one that could be an interesting read. From the article:

She is currently at work on a book — tentatively titled “Stonewalled: One Reporter’s Fight for Truth in Obama’s Washington”

She started catching schit from CBS executives during her "Fast and Furious " investigative reporting and into her Benghazi reporting. It didn't start 20 years ago, so referencing her 20 year relationship with CBS is meaningless. As far as where she eventually ends up tells us where she thinks she can work as a fair and balanced journalist. :lol:

She started catching schit from CBS executives during her "Fast and Furious " investigative reporting and into her Benghazi reporting. It didn't start 20 years ago, so referencing her 20 year relationship with CBS is meaningless. As far as where she eventually ends up tells us where she thinks she can work as a fair and balanced journalist. :lol:

So you've sat in on all her meetings with management over the past 20 years? !@#$ing awesome.

So you've sat in on all her meetings with management over the past 20 years? !@#$ing awesome.

Why would I have to be in her meetings with management over the last 20 years? Per the snippet fom the OP's link below she has felt stymied by CBS since 2009. Haven't we all (except Gator who is bored with all the much ado about nothing, or humored by the Benghazi deaths) been disgusted by the numerous coverups and lies?

"But Attkisson had become a polarizing figure at the network, sources there said. While some championed her relentless dedication to investigations — ranging from defective Firestone tires to the Fast and Furious gun-walking scandal — others saw evidence of a political agenda, particularly against President Barack Obama. (The bulk of Attkisson’s work since 2009 has focused on the failures or perceived failures of the Obama administration, including its failed green-energy investments and the attack in Benghazi, though she has reported on several Republican failures as well.)

Others have suggested that CBS News itself was politically biased: “It’s no secret that Sharyl has been unhappy about CBS’s lack of interest in investigative reporting, especially when it comes to stories about the Obama administration,” a source close to Attkisson said.

Attkisson’s frustrations aside, the network maintains a dedicated investigative unit, which produces packages that appear across CBS News programming".

Edited by 3rdnlng

Why would I have to be in her meetings with management over the last 20 years? Per the snippet fom the OP's link below she has felt stymied by CBS since 2009. Haven't we all (except Gator who is bored with all the much ado about nothing, or humored by the Benghazi deaths) been disgusted by the numerous coverups and lies?

"But Attkisson had become a polarizing figure at the network, sources there said. While some championed her relentless dedication to investigations — ranging from defective Firestone tires to the Fast and Furious gun-walking scandal — others saw evidence of a political agenda, particularly against President Barack Obama. (The bulk of Attkisson’s work since 2009 has focused on the failures or perceived failures of the Obama administration, including its failed green-energy investments and the attack in Benghazi, though she has reported on several Republican failures as well.)

Others have suggested that CBS News itself was politically biased: “It’s no secret that Sharyl has been unhappy about CBS’s lack of interest in investigative reporting, especially when it comes to stories about the Obama administration,” a source close to Attkisson said.

Attkisson’s frustrations aside, the network maintains a dedicated investigative unit, which produces packages that appear across CBS News programming".

You're sliding into gator country here.

You're sliding into gator country here.

What don't you understand? CBS was busting her balls about digging into Obama's f-ups and subsequent coverups. She wanted out because she wasn't allowed to do her job. Do you not remember the praise she was getting here for her investigative reporting?

What don't you understand? CBS was busting her balls about digging into Obama's f-ups and subsequent coverups. She wanted out because she wasn't allowed to do her job. Do you not remember the praise she was getting here for her investigative reporting?

Oh I understand what the article said. See I'm not jumping to conclusions to how her 20 year tenure at CBS has gone based on a few paragraphs in a news article like you've done.

Oh I understand what the article said. See I'm not jumping to conclusions to how her 20 year tenure at CBS has gone based on a few paragraphs in a news article like you've done.

No, I've been aware of her displeasure for quite some time now. The rift has been widely reported.

Link? See I can play that stupid "link" card too. :rolleyes:

Now you are playing the "dick" card.

This is just one of the many articles you will find referring to her displeasure and the reasons why:

http://www.humanevents.com/2014/03/11/sharyl-attkisson-resigns-from-cbs-news/

To the surprise of her fans and admirers – but not, evidently, to anyone familiar with the behind-the-scenes drama at CBS News – reporter Sharyl Attkisson resigned her position on Monday. Attkisson is one of the few journalists who has done real investigative work that makes the government uncomfortable over the past few years. Beginning in 2009, most of her peers suddenly deciding that what the Administration says should be taken at face value and repeated uncritically, for reasons that remain utterly mysterious. Perhaps future historians will use the awesome power of their super-advanced computers to sift through contemporaneous records and figure out what, exactly, might have changed in 2009 that put investigative journalism on ice.

Another thing that changed in 2009 was the amount of air time Attkisson enjoyed at CBS News. Before that, she was a top-20 network correspondent with 145 to 160 minutes of air time per year. By last year she was barely top-100 with 54 minutes of airtime, and even that was a slight uptick from the mere 36 minutes she received in 2012.

Now you are playing the "dick" card.

Is there something special you'd prefer we call it when you play it or can we refer to it as the "dick" card then too?

So she's had issues since 2009. What about the other 15 years she was there. Were you privy to her relationship with upper management then?

Is there something special you'd prefer we call it when you play it or can we refer to it as the "dick" card then too?

So she's had issues since 2009. What about the other 15 years she was there. Were you privy to her relationship with upper management then?

This truly is like arguing with the gatortard. I call for a link when someone is making a specific claim usually involving numbers. There was already a link in this thread that was not contrary to any statement I made here.

I've never been "privy" to her relationship with upper management. What I know on the subject is what I've read for nearly a year now.