Reporter Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS - claims liberal bias

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liberal bias, my foot! Why just last night I saw with my own eyes, Morley Safer giving Frank Underwood a going-over the likes that would have made Edward R. Murrow swell with pride, honor, and emotion.

Edited by Nanker

", who has been with CBS News for two decades, had grown frustrated with what she saw as the network’s liberal bias, an outsize influence by the network’s corporate partners and a lack of dedication to investigative reporting, several sources said. She increasingly felt that her work was no longer supported and that it was a struggle to get her reporting on air."

So they didn't give her a raise so quit and said it was corporate influence, liberal bias this that and everything. Was the corporate influence liberal? Sounds like a typical disgruntle employee

", who has been with CBS News for two decades, had grown frustrated with what she saw as the network’s liberal bias, an outsize influence by the network’s corporate partners and a lack of dedication to investigative reporting, several sources said. She increasingly felt that her work was no longer supported and that it was a struggle to get her reporting on air."

So they didn't give her a raise so quit and said it was corporate influence, liberal bias this that and everything. Was the corporate influence liberal? Sounds like a typical disgruntle employee

Do you not understand that she had personal disagreements with the way CBS was doing business and decided to quit because of it? Do you know anything about people standing on principle? Now, give me your usual response.

Do you not understand that she had personal disagreements with the way CBS was doing business and decided to quit because of it? Do you know anything about people standing on principle? Now, give me your usual response.

I have an issue with someone all of a sudden having principles at a job where they've worked for 20 years.

And you don't think your job conditions as far as answering to bosses that come and go cannot change over 20 years? I think you're in for a hard fall.

Let's see where she lands before we canonize the woman. No one knows her true motives yet. If she ends up at a conservative cable outlet or radio type gig then I would tend to think it's a hollow gesture and Chef has a point. If she ends up doing independent reporting then you got something.

Liberal bias, my foot! Why just last night I saw with my own eyes, Morley Safer giving Frank Underwood a going-over the likes that would have made Edward R. Murrow swell with pride, honor, and emotion.

I just started watching, don't you dare spoil it you bastard!!!

Let's see where she lands before we canonize the woman. No one knows her true motives yet. If she ends up at a conservative cable outlet or radio type gig then I would tend to think it's a hollow gesture and Chef has a point. If she ends up doing independent reporting then you got something.

Her negotiating her way out of her contract leads me to believe that she likely has a non-compete clause which will limit her television options for a short while. I'm guessing she writes a book, and goes on the speaking circut.

Her negotiating her way out of her contract leads me to believe that she likely has a non-compete clause which will limit her television options for a short while. I'm guessing she writes a book, and goes on the speaking circut.

She is writing a book.