Ideology Over Results, A Liberal Tradition

http://online.wsj.com/news/article_email/SB10001424052702304572204579503624272625320-lMyQjAxMTA0MDEwNjExNDYyWj

Superintendent John Deasy rose to Aspire's defense at the February school board meeting, noting that "the trajectory of achievement in [the elementary] school is unquestionable and unassailable." Yet their performance was never under dispute. Instead, some board members quibbled that Aspire was contracting out state-mandated special education services. The board members wanted Aspire to subscribe to the district's more expensive special-education plan in order to procure more state funds for the district and its unionized workforce.

Of course, this isn't how school board members explained their opposition. School board member Steve Zimmer claimed the district's special-education plan provided more oversight. But according to the L.A. Times, parents of kids with autism effusively praised the Aspire schools at the meeting. And the board provided no evidence that Aspire students with disabilities fared any worse than those in the district's special-education plan.

As Mr. Zimmer himself noted last year when he voted to reject two new Aspire schools, the charter dust-up is rooted fundamentally in philosophical differences, not policy disagreements. Teachers unions and their allies on the school board are intent on stopping the erosion of the public-school monopoly. Protecting special-needs students from a purportedly unaccountable, outside agency just happened to be the excuse du jour in February.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Not!

I gave you the exact thing you asked for in the other thread.

I can't help but notice that you had no reply.

I can give you the same report in every thread. In all cases, the cat is out of the bag on "single payer". It's a lie.

The only place on earth single payer health care exists: is in the mind of the kooks that espouse it. And here's another report that includes China. http://www.google.co....65058239,d.cWc

Notice the premise. Yeah, public insurance has worked so well....that they are looking for alternatives. Now I don't know about you, but, those ar some healthy(or starving) people, and even they, with a 1 billion person "risk pool" need something that ain't public.

And this is McKinsey's work, so spare me.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I gave you the exact thing you asked for in the other thread.

I can't help but notice that you had no reply.

I can give you the same report in every thread. In all cases, the cat is out of the bag on "single payer". It's a lie.

The only place on earth single payer health care exists: is in the mind of the kooks that espouse it. And here's another report that includes China. http://www.google.co....65058239,d.cWc

Notice the premise. Yeah, public insurance has worked so well....that they are looking for alternatives. Now I don't know about you, but, those ar some healthy(or starving) people, and even they, with a 1 billion person "risk pool" need something that ain't public.

And this is McKinsey's work, so spare me.

Are you deliberately hijacking my threads? Every thread does not need to be about the ACA, just because that's your specialty.

lets discuss this variation of the topic

Religious Ideology Over Results, A Conservative Tradition

what about the hard core Christians; Catholics, Baptists, etc forcing their beliefs on many Americans?

Some of the core christian beliefs are constantly ignored by the right.

You don't want insurance to cover birth control medicine yet most have no issue with insurance paying for boner pills.

Insurance covers Vasectomies (a form of birth control)

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

lets discuss this variation of the topic

Religious Ideology Over Results, A Conservative Tradition

what about the hard core Christians; Catholics, Baptists, etc forcing their beliefs on all Americans?

Some of the core christian beliefs are constantly ignored by the right.

You don't want insurance to cover birth control medicine yet most have no issue with insurance paying for boner pills.

Insurance covers Vasectomies (a form of birth control)

You are truly an ass and a stupid one at that. You have completely mischaracterized the birth control issue, but that's what I'd expect from someone with such a low IQ as yourself. Some Americans are not trying to force their beliefs on all Americans. They are objecting to being forced to pay for insurance plans that include birth control for themselves, you idiot.

You are truly an ass and a stupid one at that. You have completely mischaracterized the birth control issue, but that's what I'd expect from someone with such a low IQ as yourself. Some Americans are not trying to force their beliefs on all Americans. They are objecting to being forced to pay for insurance plans that include birth control for themselves, you idiot.

you chose not to accept any other ideals other than what your religious beliefs are, - Beliefs where organizations choose what stories it wants to tell and which it chooses to hide.

Pro LIFEers are forcing their beliefs on many Americans.

The medicine used for Birth Control is used medically for other reasons than just preventing a pregnancy. - fixed it

If you (general term) can't get it up, then God must have a reason for making it so.

being forced to pay for insurance plans that include birth control - truly my heart bleeds for you

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

you chose not to accept any other ideals other than what your religious beliefs are, - Beliefs where organizations choose what stories it wants to tell and which it chooses to hide.

The medicine used for Birth Control is used medically for other reasons than just preventing a pregnancy. - fixed it

If you (general term) can't get it up, then God must have a reason for making it so.

being forced to pay for insurance plans that include birth control - truly my heart bleeds for you

Yes, rubbers can also sub for balloons You can wipe your walls with sponges and and use spermicide as a topping or a floor wax. I can see why God would give you a limp dick, knowing he made a mistake with you and not wanting to multiply that mistake, but are you really saying that man should not improve his condition? If that's the case then we'll have to throw out everyone's eyeglasses, stents and artificial limbs. Oh, and your blow up Rosie O'Donnell companion too.

its the same damn pill - see edit

So. What.

I have absolutely no problem with a health insurance policy that doesn't pay for birth control...as long as it pays for medication prescribed for other reasons. If that medication happens to be the "same damn pill," so be it.

And yes, I know that sets up the ridiculously easy dodge of OBGYNs prescribing Enpresse for "endometriosis" for a woman that doesn't have it. I don't particularly care. I DO care that people confuse the USE with the MEDICATION, and and turn the latter into a ridiculous political issue because of merely one of the former.

Are you deliberately hijacking my threads? Every thread does not need to be about the ACA, just because that's your specialty.

No. If I was you'd know it. Well, maybe not you, but it would be obvious to some. All I did was respond to a thread jumping dumbass. He's the one who demanded the same thing here as in the Obamacare thread, and thought he would get away with it. Rookie. :lol: But, now I see that I'm not as guilty as you say, because you've preceeded to highjack your own thread by talking health insurance. :wacko:

Oh yeah, nothing like an opinion stated as a fact. :rolleyes:

Hey clown? You might want to check the latest polls on abortion: http://www.pollingreport.com/abortion.htm In every single one, the majority of people in this country aren't big fans. Over and over: 60+% favor restrictions, if not banning it altogether. The biggest shift has come from the young, not the old. When policy is created by a minority of people, in this case the pro-abortion left, that contradicts the views of the majority? That is forcing beliefs.

It is the left, not the right, that is doing the forcing here, by any reasonable definition.

Thus, not only is your opinion not fact, it's flat out wrong.

Standard Abortion Disclaimer: I don't care in general, and I am perfectly willing to largely defer to women on this. As much as I think abortion should be legal, because, just like drugs, it's going to happen anyway, I also think that ice-picking otherwise healthy babies in the back of the neck is disgusting behavior. That is far worse than anything Wall Street has or ever will do, and thus, it should be just as regulated as Wall Street.

Hmmm. Now that I think about it, I've never given my standard disclaimer quite that way, which gives me an idea for a thread.

How do you know what my religious beliefs are? Do you know where I stand on birth control? Abortion? There's such a thing called standing up for the rights of other people even if you don't necessarily agree with them. You, on the other hand are the classic liberal who stands up for other people's rights only if they agree with you.

Yes OC, I'm further hijacking my own thread. It's easy to do.

Wait until they return from their angry districts next week.

The Increasing Desperation of Democrats

by John Fund

FTA:

"Deliberately misstating information about key issues in order to keep certain issues before the public is often a premeditated strategy. “The tactic represents one more step in the embrace of cynicism that has characterized President Obama’s journey in office,” John Dickerson wrote at Slate. “Facts, schmacts. As long as people are talking about an issue where my party has an advantage with voters, it’s good.”

Elites’ Sacrificial Victims: Ideology matters more than people.

by Victor Davis Hanson

Why do our well-meaning elites so often worry about humanity in the abstract rather than the real effects of their cosmic ideologies on the majority? The dream of universal health coverage trumped the nightmare of millions of lives disrupted by the implementation of it. Noble lies, with emphatics like “Period!” were necessary to sell something that would hurt precisely those who were told that this was going to be good for them.

A myriad of green mandates has led to California’s having the highest-priced gasoline and electricity in the continental United States, a fact that delights utopians in San Francisco and in the long run might help the rest of us, butrace right now ensures that the poor of the state’s vast, hot interior can scarcely afford to cool their homes or drive to work. Fresno on August 1, after all, is a bit warmer than Berkeley or Menlo Park.

In a word, liberal ideology so often proves more important than people.

Noble theories about saving humanity offer exemption from worry about the immediate consequences for individual humans. In a personal sense, those who embrace progressive ideas expect to be excused from the ramifications of their schemes. For the elite who send their kids to prep schools and private academies, public charter schools for the poor are bad, given that they undermine the dream of progressive, union-run education that has turned into a nightmare for those forced to enroll in it.

{snip}

Once we go down that road of assumed noble ends justifying questionable means, then anything becomes not just possible but assured.

How do you know what my religious beliefs are? Do you know where I stand on birth control? Abortion? There's such a thing called standing up for the rights of other people even if you don't necessarily agree with them. You, on the other hand are the classic liberal who stands up for other people's rights only if they agree with you.

I guess since lefties don't consider a fetus to be a person, they figure that the only people that would defend the right for one to not be destroyed for the sake of convenience must be some kind of religious wacko.

Business as usual for the dems.......................

TAXPAYER-FUNDED ELECTIONEERING:

EPA Delayed Climate Change Regulation Until After Midterms.

“The agency pushed back publishing the rule for two months, allowing vulnerable Senate Democrats to avoid a vote on the measure six weeks before voters go to the polls.”

POLITICS IN OBAMA’S AMERICA:

TAXPAYER SUPPORTED Latino Caucus Closes Door on Latino, Because He’s a Republican.

CULTURE OF CORRUPTION:

EPA chief Gina McCarthy intervened to halt internal inquiry.

“It’s highly unusual for an administrator or director of a Cabinet-level department to request an IG stop an investigation.”

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/terence-p-jeffrey/dc-schools-29349-pupil-83-not-proficient-reading

The public schools in Washington, D.C., spent $29,349 per pupil in the 2010-2011 school year, according to the latest data from National Center for Education Statistics, but in 2013 fully 83 percent of the eighth graders in these schools were not "proficient" in reading and 81 percent were not "proficient" in math.

These are the government schools in our nation's capital city — where for decades politicians of both parties have obstreperously pushed for more federal involvement in education and more federal spending on education.

Government has manifestly failed the families who must send their children to these schools, and the children who must attend them.

Under the auspices of the National Center for Education Statistics, the federal government periodically tests elementary and high school students in various subjects, including reading and math. These National Assessment of Educational Progress tests are scored on a scale of 500, and student achievement levels are rated as "basic," "proficient" and "advanced."

URBAN%20DISTRICT%20PER%20PUPIL%20SPENDING-PHOTO.jpg

Debbie Wasserman Schultz: ‘Senseless’ and ‘Wrong’ to Punish Men Who Slip Women Abortion Pills

Did you catch the story about those conservative Republican male chauvinist pig politicians in Florida who think that it was a waste of time to pass a bill which would make it a crime for a guy to secretly administer an abortion-inducing drug to a spouse or partner he impregnated?

How utterly outrageous ... Wait a minute ... It was Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz who said that? C'mon, that's not possible. What? There's audio of her saying that on a Florida public radio station? Get outta here. If that were true, the press would be printing and broadcasting stories on her outrageous statement 24/7 ... wouldn't they?

Well, no. The audio of Wasserman Schultz can be found here at WFSU in Tallahassee. Excerpts from the related report by Sascha Kordner follow at the link

Instead, Florida Republican lawmakers have wasted taxpayers time and money by passing these extreme bills that further limit women’s reproductive rights. It is senseless and it’s wrong,” said Wasserman Schultz.

Here is the "logic" to which Wasserman Schultz has apparently signed on:

Critics argued that the bill would confer “personhood” on all unborn babies, from the moment of conception, perhaps leading to a ban on abortions and many forms of birth control.

In other words, "We can't allow anything to happen which could in any conceivable way recognize the a pre-born baby's humanity, even if it means that fathers or others can get away with killing an unborn child the mother has chosen to carry to term."

So much for the term "pro-choice." Thomas Lifson at American Thinker money line: "The mind boggles at this war on women."

Indeed.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/#ixzz31tZiDfa2

Debbie Wasserman Schultz: ‘Senseless’ and ‘Wrong’ to Punish Men Who Slip Women Abortion Pills

Did you catch the story about those conservative Republican male chauvinist pig politicians in Florida who think that it was a waste of time to pass a bill which would make it a crime for a guy to secretly administer an abortion-inducing drug to a spouse or partner he impregnated?

How utterly outrageous ... Wait a minute ... It was Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz who said that? C'mon, that's not possible. What? There's audio of her saying that on a Florida public radio station? Get outta here. If that were true, the press would be printing and broadcasting stories on her outrageous statement 24/7 ... wouldn't they?

Well, no. The audio of Wasserman Schultz can be found here at WFSU in Tallahassee. Excerpts from the related report by Sascha Kordner follow at the link

Instead, Florida Republican lawmakers have wasted taxpayers time and money by passing these extreme bills that further limit women’s reproductive rights. It is senseless and it’s wrong,” said Wasserman Schultz.

Here is the "logic" to which Wasserman Schultz has apparently signed on:

Critics argued that the bill would confer “personhood” on all unborn babies, from the moment of conception, perhaps leading to a ban on abortions and many forms of birth control.

In other words, "We can't allow anything to happen which could in any conceivable way recognize the a pre-born baby's humanity, even if it means that fathers or others can get away with killing an unborn child the mother has chosen to carry to term."

So much for the term "pro-choice." Thomas Lifson at American Thinker money line: "The mind boggles at this war on women."

Indeed.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/#ixzz31tZiDfa2

She's crazy. She's basically saying that it's okay to assault a woman if it's intended as birth control. That's unbelievable.

http://www.cnsnews.c...ficient-reading

The public schools in Washington, D.C., spent $29,349 per pupil in the 2010-2011 school year, according to the latest data from National Center for Education Statistics, but in 2013 fully 83 percent of the eighth graders in these schools were not "proficient" in reading and 81 percent were not "proficient" in math.

These are the government schools in our nation's capital city — where for decades politicians of both parties have obstreperously pushed for more federal involvement in education and more federal spending on education.

Government has manifestly failed the families who must send their children to these schools, and the children who must attend them.

Under the auspices of the National Center for Education Statistics, the federal government periodically tests elementary and high school students in various subjects, including reading and math. These National Assessment of Educational Progress tests are scored on a scale of 500, and student achievement levels are rated as "basic," "proficient" and "advanced."

URBAN%20DISTRICT%20PER%20PUPIL%20SPENDING-PHOTO.jpg

You can't teach people who don't want to do what's necessary to learn no matter how much money is spent. Of course Educators can't say this in public because that could prevent increases to education spending.