Rashard Mendenhall retires at age 26

Opinions?!?! Burn him!

Opinions? If I wrote some of the garbage he has spouted out over the years on here I would have been banned a long time ago. His "opinions" border on hate speech and are offensive to the intelligence of the human race and the whose loved ones died in the WTC.

As Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan said in regards to Mendenhall: "Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. But they are not entitled their own facts"

Whether you agree with it or not, he's a role model to impressionable youth as well as a representative of his team and the NFL.

I agree. And you're a good case for good writing. I am sure we have disagreed on at least 2 topics that I remember. But you can create an argument that holds no truth, no validity or honest beliefs by writing efficiently to communicate a point and doing so in way that is nicely written with grammar and spelling. those mean a lot.

So what you're saying is that you believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps and you believe that our education like such as south africa and the Iraq everywhere like such as and you believe they should, our education in the U.S., should help the U.S. or south africa and Iraq and the asian countries so we will be able to to build up our future?

Edited by Jauronimo

So what you're saying is that you believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps and I believe that our education like such as south africa and the Iraq everywhere like such as and you believe they should, our education in the U.S., should help the U.S. or south africa and Iraq and the asian countries so we will be able to to build up our future?

that took, like, a little bit too long to figure out. Where as Dang you Edited by jboyst62

You've used a terrible example with Richard Sherman, though. He's a guy who earned his way out of Compton and into Stanford with straight As. Stanford isn't known for lessening its standards for athletes either. Say what you want about some of his antics, but he's as intelligent a football player as you could name.

He also seems to have a well polished idea of how to act like he is an idiot to get attention, fame and endorsements. I'd like to meet him in private and see what he is really like..

Opinions? If I wrote some of the garbage he has spouted out over the years on here I would have been banned a long time ago. His "opinions" border on hate speech and are offensive to the intelligence of the human race and the whose loved ones died in the WTC.

As Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan said in regards to Mendenhall: "Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. But they are not entitled their own facts"

Whether you agree with it or not, he's a role model to impressionable youth as well as a representative of his team and the NFL.

Banned from what? TBD? Is that the yard stick for morality now?

You hating on him for his "hate speech" is bordering on hate speech as well.

Edited by FireChan

I agree. And you're a good case for good writing. I am sure we have disagreed on at least 2 topics that I remember. But you can create an argument that holds no truth, no validity or honest beliefs by writing efficiently to communicate a point and doing so in way that is nicely written with grammar and spelling. those mean a lot.

Thank you...wait a second.

You hating on him for his "hate speech" is bordering on hate speech as well.

"Hating on" is about the quality of usage I expect from Mendenhall.

Oh, and your statement is absurd. Hating [on] Mendenhall's ideas is not hate speech. It's just disagreement.

Thank you...wait a second.

"Hating on" is about the quality of usage I expect from Mendenhall.

Oh, and your statement is absurd. Hating [on] Mendenhall's ideas is not hate speech. It's just disagreement.

"His statements are offensive to the intelligence of the human race"

Sure sounds like just a friendly disagreement there.

Edited by FireChan

"His statements are offensive to the intelligence of the human race"

Sure sounds like just a friendly disagreement there.

Didn't say it was "friendly." It's still just disagreement. Not hate speech.

Hate speech is pretty specific and although we can disagree about where the line may exactly be, it requires a racial/gender/orientation component meant to inspire some violence. His statement had neither a racial component nor a violent one.

"Hate speech" gets tossed around to the point where saying someone is using it is calling him a racist. There was no racial component present in what he wrote so saying he engaged in "hate speech" was a meritless accusation. I called you on it because that kind of accusation shouldn't be tossed around lightly.

And for the record, I agree with him: Mendenhall is an idiot. He will sputter into the headlines a few more times with more outrageous (and poorly written--unless he gets a better editor) articles, then make headlines when he reports to some team for a tryout.

Didn't say it was "friendly." It's still just disagreement. Not hate speech.

Hate speech is pretty specific and although we can disagree about where the line may exactly be, it requires a racial/gender/orientation component meant to inspire some violence. His statement had neither a racial component nor a violent one.

"Hate speech" gets tossed around to the point where saying someone is using it is calling him a racist. There was no racial component present in what he wrote so saying he engaged in "hate speech" was a meritless accusation. I called you on it because that kind of accusation shouldn't be tossed around lightly.

And for the record, I agree with him: Mendenhall is an idiot. He will sputter into the headlines a few more times with more outrageous (and poorly written--unless he gets a better editor) articles, then make headlines when he reports to some team for a tryout.

Saying his intelligence is offensive to the human race doesn't have subhuman connotations with it? Even if the intent was not to be racist, there are ways to call the guy an idiot that aren't as over-the-top.

I may have mislabeled it as "hate speech," as the definition does involve prejudice against a group or person, so can I call what he said "!@#$ speech"?

Do you believe that you speak for the human race?

Do you believe that you speak for the human race?

No, but you think you do though?

This actually would be a non-story if this guy didn't spew out idiot garbage during his day. NFL players "retire" all the time, the majority of which are likely under the age of 26. Why all the fanfare with him? It's not like he was a decent player. Arizona probably told him they weren't going to bring him back, so he realized he sucked and quit. End of story, much like hundreds of NFL players.

If his intent was to "just disappear", why didn't he do just that. This is not the last we hear from the attention whore.

Edited by kas23