The classy people of Philly

The Poojer

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my favorite books I have read recently is titled "what cops know". The author interviews Chicago police who offer their insight on vice, gangs, drugs, organized crime, etc. One office speaks of when he first started that he was cruising with a seasoned cop, and he spots someone on street, and immediately pulls over and shakes them down- and finding a gun. The rookie asked "how did you know? "Its just something you learn". Twenty years later, that rookie became a seasoned cop and was riding around with a rookie. Well he spots someone on the street and immediate shakes them down- finding a gun. "how did you know?"

yup.

You watch criminals all day long and see how they act, things they say, how they talk, walk, etc... You learn a lot.

I dont walk into a bar, restaurant without noticing where exits are, sit without my back against a wall and visually inspect everyone walking into the place and around me all the time.

yup.

You watch criminals all day long and see how they act, things they say, how they talk, walk, etc... You learn a lot.

I dont walk into a bar, restaurant without noticing where exits are, sit without my back against a wall and visually inspect everyone walking into the place and around me all the time.

situational awareness

I grew up in WNY in a village of 500 people. It's a problem there.

most likely because Attica is right there and it's a stop off before it hits the prison. Edited by mrags

most likely because Attica is right there and it's a stop off before it hits the prison.

There have been a few overdoses in Attica recently. And I'm talking kids in town not the prison. I was shocked until I thought back on some of the **** we used to do there 35 years ago. I'm not so certain it's coming from people delivering to the prison. I know some of the dealers and they are long time residents of the area.

I was reading how it is a problem in VT. Rural VT... Heck the whole state is rural! I guess that is where the hippy parents landed in the 1970's to raise their families! ;-) ;-)

It is a huge problem here in VT. I live in a small town (20K people) and there is an Amtrak that offers daily service to Boston and NYC. The drug dealers come up here for a few days, stay in a hotel, and unload their heroin, cocaine, and OxyContin. They are having a huge problem with heroin at the middle and high school here. Apparently there have been a few near overdoses.

It's amazing...I graduated high school in 1997. I have been "around the block" when it comes to experimentation with drugs, but I never can recall even seeing heroin or OxyContin. Hell, I never even saw cocaine until I was in college. Makes me scared for my children.

It is a huge problem here in VT. I live in a small town (20K people) and there is an Amtrak that offers daily service to Boston and NYC. The drug dealers come up here for a few days, stay in a hotel, and unload their heroin, cocaine, and OxyContin. They are having a huge problem with heroin at the middle and high school here. Apparently there have been a few near overdoses.

It's amazing...I graduated high school in 1997. I have been "around the block" when it comes to experimentation with drugs, but I never can recall even seeing heroin or OxyContin. Hell, I never even saw cocaine until I was in college. Makes me scared for my children.

I graduated in 1979 and we were doing all sorts of stuff. Snorting what we called Tea which was oftentimes PCP but I bet there were times we were doing heroin and didn't even know it. Scary **** indeed.

Edited by Chef Jim

There have been a few overdoses in Attica recently. And I'm talking kids in town not the prison. I was shocked until I thought back on some of the **** we used to do there 35 years ago. I'm not so certain it's coming from people delivering to the prison. I know some of the dealers and they are long time residents of the area.

Attica is a messed up freaking town. Visited there one time with a buddy from college, and I don't think I will ever return.

you may be right. I'm just saying that if the prison wasn't there, the drugs wouldn't have come through there so easily. Not that drugs aren't everywhere. Hell, 100 people towns in Alaska are covered with them. I'm just saying, the prison definately doesn't help and I'd venture to say that it sparked it there.

Attica is a messed up freaking town. Visited there one time with a buddy from college, and I don't think I will ever return.

That's were I grew up. It was nuts in the 70's. I can't remember how many bars were in that small town then. They're all gone now. I left in the early 80's and I'm glad. That's when the drug **** really hit the fan. We mostly smoked pot with a dabble here and there in what I mentioned above. Cocaine ruled the world there in the 80's and that **** is the devil's drug.

you may be right. I'm just saying that if the prison wasn't there, the drugs wouldn't have come through there so easily. Not that drugs aren't everywhere. Hell, 100 people towns in Alaska are covered with them. I'm just saying, the prison definately doesn't help and I'd venture to say that it sparked it there.

Oh you may have a great point which I never thought of. Sure the drugs were dealt by the locals but I wouldn't be surprised if they got it from "visitors" passing through. I do remember people going to Buffalo and Rochester to pick up stuff. It was just a hard, depressed town that lent itself to a drug culture.

I'm interested to hear what you say that makes you say that. I don't disagree at all but I'd love to hear an outsider's perspective.

Edited by Chef Jim

I'm interested to hear what you say that makes you say that. I don't disagree at all but I'd love to hear an outsider's perspective.

Gosh, it was so long ago. I just remember feeling really "skeeved out" being there. We went to a party in a corn field somewhere, and there was a bizarre mix of young kids and creepy, drugged-out middle aged men. I was young and this seemed very bizarre. Also there were people fighting everywhere. Almost like they were doing it for fun. I remember we ended up having to leave the party because some creepy old dude threatened my friend with a box cutter.

The whole town just seemed so run down and filthy. I was only there for two days, so maybe I missed the good parts? FTR...I grew up in a pretty similar prison town, Auburn. Not nearly as bad as Attica IMO, but I know what it is like to watch a nice small town decay over time.

Gosh, it was so long ago. I just remember feeling really "skeeved out" being there. We went to a party in a corn field somewhere, and there was a bizarre mix of young kids and creepy, drugged-out middle aged men. I was young and this seemed very bizarre. Also there were people fighting everywhere. Almost like they were doing it for fun. I remember we ended up having to leave the party because some creepy old dude threatened my friend with a box cutter.

The whole town just seemed so run down and filthy. I was only there for two days, so maybe I missed the good parts? FTR...I grew up in a pretty similar prison town, Auburn. Not nearly as bad as Attica IMO, but I know what it is like to watch a nice small town decay over time.

No there really aren't any good parts of Attica anymore. It's gone to hell in a hand basket the past 30 years. When I visit I talk to some of the old town leaders from back then(my dad ran several businesses there and was on the board of the local bank) about what happened. They really can't put their finger on it which is sad. I love to go back and visit because my whole family is there but it is depressing. Now don't get me wrong there are some real fantastic people there like all over WNY but Attica is just sad. .

Heroin is EVERYWHERE. It's a huge issue. It's all Over the prison system too. NY state prisons are filled with heroin and dirty heroin.

How do they make/get it in prison?

being in the business I'm in, I see what comes off the streets every day. It's not just you, many people are naive about a lot of things. Criminal acts being the worst. I can spot a criminal when I see one. Boeing out in public, I see it a lot. People are oblivious to the people that walk among us every day.

Exactly! My uncle/God Father is a retired cop (Cheektowaga)... He came to visit us a few years ago for my daughters First Communion... He rode w/me to pick-up my sister @ Midway airport... He pointed out every druggie, criminal along the way from my small village 25 miles away to Midway on the South Side of Chicago. It got easier for him as we got closer to Chicago, obviously! It was amazing! LoL I learned a lot and lost a certain amount naivity that ride! LoL...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I remember we ended up having to leave the party because some creepy old dude threatened my friend with a box cutter.

That was probably Chef. Lol

No there really aren't any good parts of Attica anymore. It's gone to hell in a hand basket the past 30 years. When I visit I talk to some of the old town leaders from back then(my dad ran several businesses there and was on the board of the local bank) about what happened. They really can't put their finger on it which is sad. I love to go back and visit because my whole family is there but it is depressing. Now don't get me wrong there are some real fantastic people there like all over WNY but Attica is just sad. .

when you come back into town you'll have to let me know we should grab a beer.

How do they make/get it in prison?

you really want to know? Edited by mrags

I hope social media can help identify this piece of garbage like they helped ID the swiss cheese pervert a few weeks back. This disgusts me to no end.

http://www.philly.co...police-DHS.html

Before I started the video, I thought 'maybe this is a mom who works 2-3 jobs to make ends meet and she's really exhausted.'

After the video...so much for that. She's completely obtunded. Very sad. Hope she and the kid get help.

Before I started the video, I thought 'maybe this is a mom who works 2-3 jobs to make ends meet and she's really exhausted.'

After the video...so much for that. She's completely obtunded. Very sad. Hope she and the kid get help.

Obtunded...haha. May I use that one? I'm gonna totally get obtunded tonight.

I grew up in WNY in a village of 500 people. It's a problem there.

I grew up in a small village with several other small villages also in the area. Lately it seems meth labs are always getting busted up in that area.