are local police adopting NSA practices?

You seem to post the you're correction over and over because you're a bore.

Take accountability for your incorrect comments before you go all captain spellchecker on me.

Delete your off topic weed comments, that would be a start in the right direction.

No, I post the correction over and over because you are incapable of learning from your mistakes.See---you're a dumbass, not your a dumbass.

Did you delete your off topic comment or do you prefer to apologize?

Sleight of hand huh? Keep beating the you're drum.

Take accountability for your dullness and juvenile tactics that cause you to make these errors.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Did you delete your off topic comment or do you prefer to apologize?

Sleight of hand huh? Keep beating the you're drum.

Take accountability for your dullness and juvenile tactics that cause you to make these errors.

Apologize? Not likely, but you're a kitty for asking for it. I wouldn't beat the you're drum if you didn't beat the your drum. Your advocacy for illegal drugs must make you almost equal to dog in that department. Feel free to use this post as a reference whenever you are not sure of the use of you're vs. your.

Edited by 3rdnlng

Incognito talk strikes again. "kitty" really? I am asking for an apology to show that you are wrong. Guess you're too much of a dolt to figure that out.

Don't get all butthurt because you're backed into a corner. Just you and your poor decisions. Take this to heart, use it as a tool to grow up and be a better person. Have you deleted your post yet?

Capt spellchecker is all you got... You're weak. Sorry for exposing you in this playground you love.

Fix those errors boy! Gotta run, hope all is well.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Incognito talk strikes again. "kitty" really? I am asking for an apology to show that you are wrong. Guess you're too much of a dolt to figure that out.

Don't get all butthurt because you're backed into a corner. Just you and your poor decisions. Take this to heart, use it as a tool to grow up and be a better person. Have you deleted your post yet?

Capt spellchecker is all you got... You're weak. Sorry for exposing you in this playground you love.

Fix those errors boy! Gotta run, hope all is well.

I see my teaching is working. Your use of you're is improving. You should thank me.

running the risk of straying back onto the original topic, surveillance of mobile phones & devices, as well as the proliferation of cameras placed almost everywhere in public (at least they're all over the place here in Austin) is in my opinion, something that everyone should be concerned about. the constitutional right to privacy doesn't end when you walk out your front door. there's very little that gets me as angry as the attitude that says 'if you're not doing anything wrong, then you have nothing to worry about', but more people seem to apathetically accepting that from our public servants all the time. this is one area where I would wholeheartedly support intervention on the part of the ALCU, and would love to see people getting riled up over this.

running the risk of straying back onto the original topic, surveillance of mobile phones & devices, as well as the proliferation of cameras placed almost everywhere in public (at least they're all over the place here in Austin) is in my opinion, something that everyone should be concerned about. the constitutional right to privacy doesn't end when you walk out your front door. there's very little that gets me as angry as the attitude that says 'if you're not doing anything wrong, then you have nothing to worry about', but more people seem to apathetically accepting that from our public servants all the time. this is one area where I would wholeheartedly support intervention on the part of the ALCU, and would love to see people getting riled up over this.

It's not so much that you have nothing to worry about if you're on camera in public, it's that you lose any expectation of privacy when you're out and about. You can't claim privacy and demand that no one look at you when you're in the middle of a crowd.

It would be great, but about a decade and a half too late.

it's never too late to stand up for what you believe in.

It's not so much that you have nothing to worry about if you're on camera in public, it's that you lose any expectation of privacy when you're out and about. You can't claim privacy and demand that no one look at you when you're in the middle of a crowd.

this is true, but should we also expect to be placed under the scrutiny of authorities just for leaving our homes and going about our business? I don't expect privacy while in a crowd of people....that's not what I'm talking about. of course you can't have privacy when you're clumped into a mass of other people, but should we expect to be under the surveillance of law enforcement for doing so?

it's never too late to stand up for what you believe in.

On principle I agree. But not enough people care or know what's really going on with regards to privacy in the US to stand up for it. You can't address the privacy issues without addressing the technology boom of the past 20 years -- and people like their devices too much to give 'em up for something as nebulous as the concept of privacy.

Add to that the issue has been hijacked by both sides of the political aisle, which, considering the way most Americans get their "news", has only clouded the issue even more. Playing the blame game or down playing the issue, doing anything and everything but addressing the core issues at play.

Edited by GreggyT

Privacy intrusions in the name of commercial data collection are a related problem, but information is power not only for the data collectors, but for consumers as well:

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/how-to-defend-your-privacy-online/

And if you don't think commercial data collection is a potential problem:

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/shocked-to-learn-how-data-brokers-are-watching-you/

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

On principle I agree. But not enough people care or know what's really going on with regards to privacy in the US to stand up for it. You can't address the privacy issues without addressing the technology boom of the past 20 years -- and people like their devices too much to give 'em up for something as nebulous as the concept of privacy.

I understand that not many people know (or even seem to care) about such invasions to their privacy, but that's supposedly what the ACLU and other watchdog groups are for - protecting the citizenry from such things. the new technology offers new ways to invade our privacy, but they don't offer greater justification for doing so.....just because pretty much everybody has a webcam built into their computers & other devices, doesn't give Yahoo! the right to turn them on us & provide the info to the NSA.

I understand that not many people know (or even seem to care) about such invasions to their privacy, but that's supposedly what the ACLU and other watchdog groups are for - protecting the citizenry from such things. the new technology offers new ways to invade our privacy, but they don't offer greater justification for doing so.....just because pretty much everybody has a webcam built into their computers & other devices, doesn't give Yahoo! the right to turn them on us & provide the info to the NSA.

You're right, it doesn't give Yahoo the right but if no one is complaining loudly enough because we're all too deep into our own "social media" cocoons to see the smoke. The most damaging element of social media to me is the individualization of information which only makes it easier for big business and big government to distract us from what's really important.

This forum is a perfect example of the problems that can arise from that sort of narrowing of the public discourse. Cable news, and journalism in general, were the first casualties in the tech boom. Privacy was next. Over the past decade and change, the government has codified and legalized invasion of privacy and gutted the 4th amendment without anyone blinking an eye under the guise of being a necessary means to protect us against lone wolf attacks. So, in less than two decades we have lost our fourth estate and our right to due process... and no one cares because there's no one left to sound the alarm without people suspecting they're doing so for political reasons. If a dem suggests such a thing, they're bashing Bush or the Patriot Act. If a republican suggests such a thing, they're a right wing conspiracy theorist loon.

And we all fell for it. The younger generations more than anyone else -- which scares me for the future.

Edited by GreggyT