are local police adopting NSA practices?

granted, the florida cops have a much smaller jurisdiction and far less server storage capacity, but the general principle of secret warrantless wiretapping seems no different to me.

I wouldn't put it past them The police forces across the country are militarizing.

Anyone remember this Obama quote from the 2008 campaign in Colorado Springs? (July 2, 2008)

“We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.”

I wouldn't put it past them The police forces across the country are militarizing.

Anyone remember this Obama quote from the 2008 campaign in Colorado Springs? (July 2, 2008)

“We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.”

If he had his way the color of their uniforms would be brown.

If he had his way the color of their uniforms would be brown.

Then he would issue an executive order to make them gray; then order blue uniforms during a conference call; then demand yellow uniforms while standing in a class room reading from his teleprompter; then finally blast the obstructionist GOP for not allowing him to have red uniforms, declaring that they have crossed a line and promising swift retribution in the form of ill-defined future potential sanctions.

Easily....they have been installing items to assist police forces that see all.

Beginning in 2011, when the city first installed a new $4.5 million command center. It has since been taken over by the county – police here have gained a series of what they call "force multipliers." One hundred and twenty-one cameras cover virtually every inch of sidewalk here, cameras that can spot a stash in a discarded pack of Newports from blocks away. Police have a giant 30-foot mobile crane called SkyPatrol they can park in a neighborhood and essentially throw a net over six square blocks; the ungainly Japanese-robot-style device can read the heat signature of a dealer with a gun sitting in total darkness. There are 35 microphones planted around the city that can instantly detect the exact location of a gunshot down to a few meters (and just as instantly train cameras on escape routes). Planted on the backs of a fleet of new cruisers are Minority Report-style scanners that read license plates and automatically generate warning letters to send to your mom in the suburbs if you've been spotted taking the Volvo registered in her name to score a bag of Black Magic on 7th and Vine.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/apocalypse-new-jersey-a-dispatch-from-americas-most-desperate-town-20131211#ixzz2vKjyphwW

Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Easily....they have been installing items to assist police forces that see all.

Beginning in 2011, when the city first installed a new $4.5 million command center. It has since been taken over by the county – police here have gained a series of what they call "force multipliers." One hundred and twenty-one cameras cover virtually every inch of sidewalk here, cameras that can spot a stash in a discarded pack of Newports from blocks away. Police have a giant 30-foot mobile crane called SkyPatrol they can park in a neighborhood and essentially throw a net over six square blocks; the ungainly Japanese-robot-style device can read the heat signature of a dealer with a gun sitting in total darkness. There are 35 microphones planted around the city that can instantly detect the exact location of a gunshot down to a few meters (and just as instantly train cameras on escape routes). Planted on the backs of a fleet of new cruisers are Minority Report-style scanners that read license plates and automatically generate warning letters to send to your mom in the suburbs if you've been spotted taking the Volvo registered in her name to score a bag of Black Magic on 7th and Vine.

Read more: http://www.rollingst...1#ixzz2vKjyphwW

Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

It always comes back to weed with you, doesn't it?

It always comes back to weed with you, doesn't it?

What are you talking about ? Where is there any mention of weed?

It's about technology that helps the police. Borderline over the top spying etc which is easily possible today.

Black Magic isn't weed if that is what you might be referring to. Read the article perhaps?

Edited by Ryan L Billz

It's about technology that helps the police. Borderline over the top spying etc which is easily possible today.

Black Magic isn't weed if that is what you might be referring to. Read the article perhaps?

You really are the poster boy for the harmful side-effects of pot. :lol:

You really are the poster boy for the harmful side-effects of pot. :lol:

Right because what I linked about Camden and the lawlessness that occurred there followed by the advanced police measures that are in place has something to do with you and 3rd's juvenile pot talk. Congrats on derailing the thread w incessant off topic babble.

Put on your nighttime glasses, you sound confused. You 2 wannabee Richie Incognito's make me laugh.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Right because what I linked about Camden and the lawlessness that occurred there followed by the advanced police measures that are in place has something to do with you and 3rd's juvenile pot talk. Congrats on derailing the thread w incessant off topic babble.

Put on your nighttime glasses, you sound confused. You 2 wannabee Richie Incognito's make me laugh.

You're the one that brought it up. Again.

And I did read the article. You managed to quote the only reference to synthetic pot in a five-page article.

Weed good! Weed good! Something, I forgot what, is good!

You're the one that brought it up. Again.

And I did read the article. You managed to quote the only reference to synthetic pot in a five-page article.

Everything in that article related to oxy and heroin and the advanced tools that police force has at it's fingertips. Your genius friend 3rd brought that up with a half assed swipe at me.

Weed good! Weed good! Something, I forgot what, is good!

Not your post. Your pathetic or just drunk perhaps.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Everything in that article related to oxy and heroin and the advanced tools that police force has at it's fingertips. Your genius friend 3rd brought that up with a half assed swipe at me.

Not your post. Your pathetic or just drunk perhaps.

You're.

And you managed to find the only reference to pot.

I take it you googled stash and black magic.

The stash in the newports and the black magic all refers to heroin.

What is this synthetic pot story your yapping about ? We talkin Herron dawg.

You seem to know what you're talking about when it comes to drugs.

You seem to know what you're talking about when it comes to drugs.

You seem to post the you're correction over and over because you're a bore.

Take accountability for your incorrect comments before you go all captain spellchecker on me.

Delete your off topic weed comments, that would be a start in the right direction.

Edited by Ryan L Billz