(OT) NHL season over... :(

Fezmid

I wish I had his $$$. I would buy the Bills when Mr. Wilson passes. Then I would move them to Richmond, VA. I feel this would be a great town for Bills new home. I know some may disagree but I think I'm right. OK, that was a bad joke.

So, Are you little Danny Snyder? :blink:

The 3 legged version? :doh:

214335[/snapback]

To me it comes down to the players being STUPID. The league said "Play for $2 million a season instead of $4 million or don't play at all". Players chose to not play at all. Their loss. Start the league over again next fall and use AHL, ECHL & replacement players. Cut ticket prices down to $10 bucks each. The difference won't be all that noticeable and most of the NHL players will end up coming in and playing anyways. It's not like these guys are going to go work at Tim Horton's or on the family farm in Canada. What else are they going to do? Stupid. Stupid people.

214083[/snapback]

Dead on. As I posted before, these players don't realize the TV revenue to justify high salaries is non-existent in the NHL. None of these guys should make more than 2 Mil. If they don't like it, go work on a farm in Canada, since most never made it through high school.

A great opportunity to repair a financially irresponsible sport . Who in their right mind would pay $75 for a lower bowl seat on a Tuesday night ? I feel zero pity for the players. They don't care about the long term financial health of the sport. Most have the IQ of a 10 year old.

The NHL had become unbalanced, like MLB. Only 4-5 teams could pay high salaries, while Buffalo and others went on the cheap. With lower salaries and a cap, everyone could compete on an even playing field. Plus players may actually stay with a team for a while, instead of becoming mercenaries. The fans need to identify with some of these players, instead of just the logo on the jersey.

This is a great opportunity to overhaul the sport. I hope the owners don't budge one bit.

It will be back by at least 2006, possibly partway through the 2005-2006 season.  Once the owners go with replacement players and some former NHL players cross the lines, all the players will evenutally give in.

214533[/snapback]

There are lots of legal hurdles in Canada and the U.S. for the NHL to use replacement players.

In my opinion, I wish the courts would simply rule that the players aren't union workers - protecting these millionaires with union laws seems like a farce.

I would have more respect for the players if they were standing around picketing their stadiums like a real union rather than simply going overseas to play for less money than the owners are offering.

Think we will see the day when Chrysler workers go on strilke and immediately start working at Ford until their contract is resolved?

There are lots of legal hurdles in Canada and the U.S. for the NHL to use replacement players.

I don't know about Canada (and in that case, just ignore the Canadian franchises), but I don't know why it would be different for the NHL versus the NFL, who similarly used replacement players in the past. Maybe it's a difference of a "strike" versus a "lockout?" However I believe I've heard some reputable sources talk about the owners using replacement players, and Rob Ray specifically addressed the issue, saying he'd cross the lines if it came down to that.