It's fish fry season!

Just Jack

Where I used to live, it's the opposite of the Buffalo area. Only one RC church and a ton of Protestants. The church was founded by the founders of the city, The first person buried in the cemetery died when fell off the roof or the original church during construction. Some of the descendants of the Donner party are also buried there. Every Friday during Lent and the second Friday of every month, they have an all you can eat fish fry for $5 run by the K of C for the school. It's OK but nothing like the fish fries in WNY. It's the only fish fry available.

When I am back visiting, I go to the Town Shanty at Clinton and Harlem (under the billboard) in Cheektowaga for a fish fry to go. For a sit down dinner, I go to the Deerhead Inn on Clinton across from ST. Matthew's Cemetery near Clinton and Old French Road. I tell people to also look for any bar that has a full parking lot after work on Fridays. Those are the ones that usually have a great fish fry.

My in-laws now go to the Town Shanty and they love it. For years it was always the Cloverbank (Lakeshore Road, Hamburg). I guess that place closed when the owner died?

Attended a public school and we ALWAYS had a breaded

fish patty for lunch on Friday.

LoL... Bet it was special! We had: "Pizza Supreme." LoL Kids today don't know what they are missing! "Pizza Supreme" was a slice of white bread, tomato sauce, slice of cheese, and one slice of pepperoni. LoL Children today would have their team of lawyers throwing the book @ the school if they pulled a stunt like that nowadays! Little brats! ;-)

Oh... Whatever you do, it was always in your best interest to avoid "Pizza Supreme Day." For reasons explained above! :-)

The secret ingredient in beer batter is____________________. Sorry, I ain't tellin' :nana:

Xanthan gum! ;-) ;-P

Notice that stuff is in every Buffalo food product! LoL...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

The secret ingredient in beer batter is____________________. Sorry, I ain't tellin' :nana:

Genny Cream Ale???

We try to get the family to go to Polish Falcons for fish fries if we are there on a Friday when visiting.