2014 NFL Franchise/Transition Tags

I just don't get it. If Byrd (supposedly) is worth $10 mil a year for three years, why would the Bills think he is not worth $8.2 mil for one year?

is the hold out "'cuz I got a hurt foot" thing really such a threat to the Bills that they can let him go for nothing? Plus, encourage this type of behavior from

future players? Doesn't this completely take out all the power of franchise tagging?

I just don't get it.

sigh

Parker may have told them he will not report. That put the Bills is a tough spot. Do they go out and spend 4- 6 million on a good safety in the open market in case he sits out , or gamble he comes back and you get him for half a season again .

Personally I would tag him wait for him to come in then dump him to somebody in the nfc for whatever we can get. Figure he won't come in any earlier than last year

Yeah but that doesn't work because he has to agree to be "dumped" No team would even give you a box of corn flakes for him without first negotiating a long term contract. So if he says, no I'm not interested in teams X,Y Z, then knock them off the trading list. Maybe he'd be OK with teams A,B, and C but then they know they can offer peanuts. Parker also may have told the Bill's that Byrd wants to be free to the highest bidder and will not agree or talk to any other teams. So then then teams A,B, and C know eventually the Bills have no choice but to drop the tag at which point he's free, but in the mean time you tied up that money Or you can wonder all year when he may sign the tag and report.

The fact that only four out of 32 teams tagged a player says something about the whole tag thing. Can't believe every team doesn't have at least one player they'd want to keep and felt is worth the money. It's not nearly as easy for either side to work things out.

Parker may have told them he will not report. That put the Bills is a tough spot. Do they go out and spend 4- 6 million on a good safety in the open market in case he sits out , or gamble he comes back and you get him for half a season again .

Personally I would tag him wait for him to come in then dump him to somebody in the nfc for whatever we can get. Figure he won't come in any earlier than last year