Bills want Vick?

Justice

Dumb down the offense? He was a rookie running a no huddle offense and missed 2 weeks of his first camp and a month later in the season. If anything, they just started treating him like a rookie QB instead of Peyton Manning.

tuel was also a rookie and and was able to run the full offense as an udfa. Yes they had to dumb down the offence for ej

Dumb down the offense? He was a rookie running a no huddle offense and missed 2 weeks of his first camp and a month later in the season. If anything, they just started treating him like a rookie QB instead of Peyton Manning.

tuel was also a rookie and and was able to run the full offense as an udfa. Yes they had to dumb down the offence for ej. Thad was traded for a week before the season started and also had no problem running the full offence. Stop trying to make excuses. Edited by kr632

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tuel was also a rookie and and was able to run the full offense as an udfa. Yes they had to dumb down the offence for ej

tuel was also a rookie and and was able to run the full offense as an udfa. Yes they had to dumb down the offence for ej. Thad was traded for a week before the season started and also had no problem running the full offence. Stop trying to make excuses.

Can somebody dumb down the message board please? It's a little advanced for some

tuel was also a rookie and and was able to run the full offense as an udfa. Yes they had to dumb down the offence for ej. Thad was traded for a week before the season started and also had no problem running the full offence. Stop trying to make excuses.

What are you talking about? One of the main reasons we kept Tuel was because Thad didn't know the offense. It's why we had to start Tuel when EJ got hurt a month and half after Lewis got hurt. The same Tuel who looked completely lost against Cleveland (a game EJ had us winning) and the same tuel who was the reason we lost against KC despite the Bills completely dominating them.

You say excuse making. I say I'm being rational and not SKip Bayless like and overreacting to a ROOKIE who is learning the hardest job in sports.

great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people. Cant grasp ideas or events I see

I see you're making lots of friends here.

So, lets get this straigh, you're basing the idea that EJ had to have the offense dumbed down on Thad playing better (a veteran compared to the two) and one game for Tuel in which he, arguably, single handedly lost the game with a pick 6. I see...

Edited by HamSandwhich

You know this how? None of the QBs on the roster have been described as challenged. Their not all Fitz, but their at least smarter than Marino.

name one qb on the roster that is better than vick.

Ej is horribly inaccurate. Has maybe once in his entire football playing life hit a receiver in stride. His deep ball is crap and very over rated. He misses open receivers constantly in both college and the pros.

Thad is horribly inaccurate. Fumbles more than vick. Has trouble reading defenses.

Then you have tuel and dixon...

So name me a bills qb in the last 10 years thats better than vick.

Yet EJ has a better completion percentage? So who's more inaccurate?

Yeah, Tuel ran that "full offense" real well, didn't he? So too did the rest of the offense against the Bucs.

I dunno, I was at the Chiefs game and other than the 1 bad INT which was on him, I thought he did pretty well...Chandler dropped a few perfectly thrown balls that game as well...threw a beautiful bomb to Goodwin right in front of us. Rolled up 400+ yards on the #1 defense in the NFL at that point, couldn't have been too bad

Edited by matter2003

After his disaster vs. Tampa Bay, Marrone himself said they were going too fast "with his progression....We have to look to see what we can do, and probably cut down what we're doing".

Maybe people are quibbling over the term "dumbing down", but the point is they did simplify things for EJ at that point.

Interesting stat: 24 of EJs 28 sacks came in road games (4 of the 5 were losses and his completion rates were 56% or less in each loss). The O-line gets a lot of blame this off-season, unfairly I think.

we already built our offence around a guy that cant hit open receivers, cant read a defense, and generally struggles to throw the ball over 5 yards. Vick has won more games and made the playoffs more than any bills quarterback in the last 10 years. So how is vick not a fit for the mess we have on offense?

He's 0-2 in the playoffs in the last 9 seasons. Is that really what we're hoping to build in Buffalo? As someone said before, put down the Madden 2004.

He's 0-2 in the playoffs in the last 9 seasons. Is that what we're hoping to build in Buffalo? As someone said before, put down the Madden 2004.

what is the bills playoff record the last 10 years? Is vick like god in madden 04 or something? This year is the first madden I have bought since ps2 came out so 01.

I never said anywhere that vick is this amazing player. I said he fits our personnel with our speedy receivers. He has a better record than anybody we have had in years and he has made the playoffs as a starter more than any of our Qbs have since 98. Our current QBs have what 4 years of experiance between the 3 of them? Vick has what 10?

I love how everyone picks and chooses little things here and there to prove their argument. I say in 10 years vick has done this and this guy or girl(because this is how every women I have ever known argues) says in the last 9 years he did this. !@#$ yeah I would rather have vicks career playoff numbers over the 0-0 we have had.

Also other than the pick 6 in the chiefs game tuel played a good game but as I can see the majority of the people here only look at what they want to see and when someone says something different they resort to childish name calling. Internet tough guys(or girls)

EDIT: changed great game to good

Edited by kr632

HamSandwhich -that pick was sj's fault and the CB gambling and getting lucky. tuel was why we were even winning also I think the best nickname for Ej ive herd so far is "old slow eyes"

huh? Tuel was 18/39 for 229 yards, 5.9 ypa, 1 td, 2 ints, 52.2 qb rating, and a 16.8 QBR. We scored 13 points despite gaining almost 500 yards. Spiller/ Jackson rushed for almost 200 yards. I think we watched completely different games. Tuel was the main reason we lost that game.

HamSandwhich -that pick was sj's fault and the CB gambling and getting lucky. tuel was why we were even winning also I think the best nickname for Ej ive herd so far is "old slow eyes"

No, it wasn't. This isn't even debatable. Tuel threw a pass for T.J. Graham when he wasn't open. It's clear as day:

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2013/11/5/5068380/bills-vs-chiefs-recap-diagramming-the-sean-smith-pick-six

And for the record, Tuel had another horrible INT that game on which he air-mailed a wide-open Chandler by about 15 yards, hitting the safety (Kendrick Lewis) square between the numbers.

Yet EJ has a better completion percentage? So who's more inaccurate?

I dunno, I was at the Chiefs game and other than the 1 bad INT which was on him, I thought he did pretty well...Chandler dropped a few perfectly thrown balls that game as well...threw a beautiful bomb to Goodwin right in front of us. Rolled up 400+ yards on the #1 defense in the NFL at that point, couldn't have been too bad

EJ and vick play a different game. Vick seems to try to make more plays while ej plays more cautious. I cant find his stats right now.

I agree with you on tuel and the chiefs game.

Definitely cant blame a receiver for absolutely making a fool out of the CB and having him luck into a pick 6. That was a bad throw by tuel.

I hated mcshay for the slow eyes comment until I watched ejs college games and this past season now I 100% agree with it. I hope he fixes that though.

Also other than the pick 6 in the chiefs game tuel played a good game but as I can see the majority of the people here only look at what they want to see and when someone says something different they resort to childish name calling. Internet tough guys(or girls)

EDIT: changed great game to good

I have to respectfully disagree here...Tuel started off fine against KC, executing the scripted plays just fine. However, most of Buffalo's success against KC came from rolling up 241 rushing yards against their hapless run D.

Once Tuel threw the 2 bad picks (and Graham fumbled) and we had to play from behind, he was wholly incapable of moving the offense through the air. I understand why that's the case, as he was an undrafted rookie with one week of preparation; just saying that he did not play well.

huh? Tuel was 18/39 for 229 yards, 5.9 ypa, 1 td, 2 ints, 52.2 qb rating, and a 16.8 QBR. We scored 13 points despite gaining almost 500 yards. Spiller/ Jackson rushed for almost 200 yards. I think we watched completely different games. Tuel was the main reason we lost that game.

wow didnt realize the stats were that bad. We kick a field goal instead of that pick 6 we win.

I have to respectfully disagree here...Tuel started off fine against KC, executing the scripted plays just fine. However, most of Buffalo's success against KC came from rolling up 241 rushing yards against their hapless run D.

Once Tuel threw the 2 bad picks (and Graham fumbled) and we had to play from behind, he was wholly incapable of moving the offense through the air. I understand why that's the case, as he was an undrafted rookie with one week of preparation; just saying that he did not play well.

when I saw the stats c biscuit posted I re thought about the game. I agree with your assessment of the scripted plays. That may have skewed my thinking about the whole game. Also remember he threw a **** load of ducks.

This was the game where graham "fumbled" right after catching the ball and it was ran back for a td and a few plays later goodwin makes and amazing catch and rolls has control for longer than graham did and they call it incomplete, right? Holy run on sentence