AWWWWWWww

BillsNYC

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya coulda warned me. :devil:  Deep depression setting in.  Flashback...laying on stomach before TV...praying please God please.  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

213835[/snapback]

That's funny...I was doing the same thing. My head just dropped to the ground after...

That's funny...I was doing the same thing. My head just dropped to the ground after...

213859[/snapback]

Is it just me, or does everyone else, when they see replays of that kick, still lean to the left while watching it in an attemt to will it to curve back. "Maybe if I just want it a little more, it'll go in this time...even though it's a friggin' replay..."

Someone here with video editing skills needs to take an mpeg of that, and change it so the ball actually DOES go through. Just so we can see it...just once...

First, I admire Norwood for not changing his name and going into seclusion. This is someone's headline every year. :devil:

Second, the Thurman helmet thing most certainly does not make him one of the top ten goats in playoff history.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: SI

Thurman did not lose his helmet.  A fellow player took it by mistake. Thurman still gets pissed over this being said. But then he did have a terrible game

213846[/snapback]

I think it's so dumb that Thurman gets bad ink for this. He missed the first two plays! TWO PLAYS!!! Not like those two plays would have made any difference in the outcome. I can see if he missed the 1st quarter looking for his helmet, but two plays is hardly anything to make a big deal over.

Is it just me, or does everyone else, when they see replays of that kick, still lean to the left while watching it in an attemt to will it to curve back.  "Maybe if I just want it a little more, it'll go in this time...even though it's a friggin' replay..."

Someone here with video editing skills needs to take an mpeg of that, and change it so the ball actually DOES go through.  Just so we can see it...just once...

213877[/snapback]

I do the same thing; watch the replay as I lean......

One year they used a lot of file video, and did a special where the kick WAS good and faked the entire post game. It was sadder than reality - "watching" what COULD have been.

Is it just me, or does everyone else, when they see replays of that kick, still lean to the left while watching it in an attemt to will it to curve back.  "Maybe if I just want it a little more, it'll go in this time...even though it's a friggin' replay..."

Someone here with video editing skills needs to take an mpeg of that, and change it so the ball actually DOES go through.  Just so we can see it...just once...

213877[/snapback]

Kenny aka Pinto Ron was sitting right behind the field goal post. He said it looked like the ball was going to hook to the left...

well...it didn't :devil:

213859[/snapback]

I just stood in front of the TV for a minute or two, and then went into the bedroom by myself and cried. It still hurts...BAD.

But...I love those guys, each and every one of them. What a great team that was.

I just stood in front of the TV for a minute or two, and then went into the bedroom by myself and cried.  It still hurts...BAD.

But...I love those guys, each and every one of them.  What a great team that was.

213914[/snapback]

Jim Kelly

Thurman Thomas

Andre Reed

James Lofton

Keith McKeller

Al Edwards

House Ballard

John Davis

Kent Hull

Jim Richter

Will Wolford

Bruce Smith

Jeff Wright

Leon Seals (love that series of still showing the massive hit he put on Hostetler, particularly the one showing both of them in the air, parallel to the ground, Seals above Hostetler. You just knew that was going to hurt).

Corneilus Bennet

Shane Conlon

Daryl Talley

Ray Bentley

Kirby Jackson

Nate Odomes

Mark Kelso

Leonard Smith

Chris Mohr

Scott Norwood

Steve Tasker

And, I believe, Don Smith was the KO return man.

That's from memory. I loved that team. Still do. The Kick, looking back, I see as bittersweet...a painful miss, but arguably even in defeat the greatest moment of the franchise.

Jim Kelly

Thurman Thomas

Andre Reed

James Lofton

Keith McKeller

Al Edwards

House Ballard

John Davis

Kent Hull

Jim Richter

Will Wolford

Bruce Smith

Jeff Wright

Leon Seals (love that series of still showing the massive hit he put on Hostetler, particularly the one showing both of them in the air, parallel to the ground, Seals above Hostetler.  You just knew that was going to hurt).

Corneilus Bennet

Shane Conlon

Daryl Talley

Ray Bentley

Kirby Jackson

Nate Odomes

Mark Kelso

Leonard Smith

Chris Mohr

Scott Norwood

Steve Tasker

That's from memory.  I loved that team.  Still do.  The Kick, looking back, I see as bittersweet...a painful miss, but arguably even in defeat the greatest moment of the franchise.

213984[/snapback]

ESPECIALLY Al Edwards. :devil:

Jim Kelly

Thurman Thomas

Andre Reed

James Lofton

Keith McKeller

Al Edwards

House Ballard

John Davis

Kent Hull

Jim Richter

Will Wolford

Bruce Smith

Jeff Wright

Leon Seals (love that series of still showing the massive hit he put on Hostetler, particularly the one showing both of them in the air, parallel to the ground, Seals above Hostetler.  You just knew that was going to hurt).

Corneilus Bennet

Shane Conlon

Daryl Talley

Ray Bentley

Kirby Jackson

Nate Odomes

Mark Kelso

Leonard Smith

Chris Mohr

Scott Norwood

Steve Tasker

That's from memory.  I loved that team.  Still do.  The Kick, looking back, I see as bittersweet...a painful miss, but arguably even in defeat the greatest moment of the franchise.

213984[/snapback]

We didnt have chris mohr yet that first SB year...we got him the following year...our punter that season was Rick Tuten... #10 i believe...

213877[/snapback]

A couple of years ago, Chris Berman was doing one of his "2-minute drills" and they edited the kick so that it passes on the good side of the upright, same stupid camera angle that we always see. I have to say, it was beautiful.

I was at the game. Our seats were parallel to the goal posts (way up in the corner). I couldn't tell if it went through. So I looked at the scoreboard and waited for it to change. Just waited......and waited.....and waited. Eyes glued to the board.

Longest 3 seconds of my life. :devil: