Lafontaine resigns

SmokinES3

Yeah...he is remarkably awkward...not a lot of panache! Like a chubby Dwight Schrute. He defintely went to the Scotty Bowman school of "how to win friends and influence people"! :lol: When they asked him whether he still wanted Nolan to coach the team, his answer had a certain coldness about it... "we made him an offer, so that is obviously what we want...but I am not begging anyone to work here."

That said, this might be the time for somebody who is not so warm and fuzzy for this franchise. The Sabres have always been led by "good guys"...it is always easier to pull of those guys, but in the end, where has it gotten them?

Good take... Then you got Nolan, don't get me wrong, I love the guy as coach, who just weeps with sincere emotion. Quite a mixing there!

I for one find these exciting times to be a Sabres fan! Really... I can't wait to see the players they get!

2/26-3/4 I believe is the free preview window.

Miller wearing #39, Ott #29. If you're feeling really nostalgic, former fan favorite Derek Roy wears #12 and Jordan Leopold wears #33. I believe I saw that Ott will be on a line with Roy and TJ Oshie.

Great...Ott gets his old #29 back.

On Friday, I'm thinking the Bills and Sabres are heading in right direction.

The Bills and Byrd/Parker are finally on friendly terms, so that looks like a huge step.

The Sabres make a blockbuster trade and it seems like their front office finally has it's crap together.

What a difference two days makes!! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

I hear ya!!!!

interesting on the Lafontaine resignation, as of noon today, nobody apart from those immediately involved know what actually happened, each article , each talking head at best speculating . In the end while not so sensational but reality is simply owner sided with his young General Manager and Lafontaine thinking he was Murrays boss had no option but to leave given his legs cut from under him. A call had to be made, time will tell if it be the right. one.

interesting on the Lafontaine resignation, as of noon today, nobody apart from those immediately involved know what actually happened, each article , each talking head at best speculating . In the end while not so sensational but reality is simply owner sided with his young General Manager and Lafontaine thinking he was Murrays boss had no option but to leave given his legs cut from under him. A call had to be made, time will tell if it be the right. one.

isnt that just your speculation?

It's obvious what happened: Patty and Murray got into an argument about who won the Last Post Wins thread after Pegula closed it...

I like Pat, but come on! If he was so butt hurt, why didn't he just become GM? Huh? Wasn't he offered it? Hire a guy to make moves and then get all hurt about the moves he makes. Can't have your cake and eat it too. I am grateful he was around when change was needed... Way too much drama on a situation (Miller and Ott trade) then there needs to be!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Good take... Then you got Nolan, don't get me wrong, I love the guy as coach, who just weeps with sincere emotion. Quite a mixing there!

I for one find these exciting times to be a Sabres fan! Really... I can't wait to see the players they get!

Yeah, in much the same way that the Hindenburg docking in Lakehurst was a an exciting time for zeppelin fans.

Pretty interesting read in today's Buffalo News regarding the LaFontaine situation:

http://www.buffalone...roblem-20140303

This whole thing is so messed up with both our teams. I'm getting confused - I'm expecting Jeff Littman to be in this story!

Both of their organization charts must look like a tree after an ice storm. "Too many cooks" is who I would describe both........And, both have these out of town cronies that you're not sure what their job is.

I don't see how one of these reporters can't get the real story from a real insider. Not "stories of an argument with a secretary."

This whole thing is so messed up with both our teams. I'm getting confused - I'm expecting Jeff Littman to be in this story!

Both of their organization charts must look like a tree after an ice storm. "Too many cooks" is who I would describe both........And, both have these out of town cronies that you're not sure what their job is.

I don't see how one of these reporters can't get the real story from a real insider. Not "stories of an argument with a secretary."

Why is it messed up? Seems nobody is talking except the people who want to speculate... Move on, must be q slow news days in sports. Who cares what the real story is. Change has been decisive and that it.

Why is it messed up? Seems nobody is talking except the people who want to speculate... Move on, must be q slow news days in sports. Who cares what the real story is. Change has been decisive and that it.

this true, providing change is what occurred. Seems organization has had Owner at the top, qroup of long time associates, below him that have his ear, a now resigned Lafontaine and a young General manger, If Pat Lafotaine leaving has cleared the chain of command now that there is order and communication this change great. If it be Murray has a mandate to do his job without having to clear it with anyone other than perhaps owner, this a good thing. There can only be one leader hockey level the General Manager, the $$ stops here the owner. Upper management idealy stay out of hockey operations. Both Bills and Sabres have spun wheels for a long time, in Bills case many coaches have come and gone interestingly no success in Buffalo , but elsewhere, to some extent this so with Sabres, the record of upper management not a good one. Time will tell. imo

this true, providing change is what occurred. Seems organization has had Owner at the top, qroup of long time associates, below him that have his ear, a now resigned Lafontaine and a young General manger, If Pat Lafotaine leaving has cleared the chain of command now that there is order and communication this change great. If it be Murray has a mandate to do his job without having to clear it with anyone other than perhaps owner, this a good thing. There can only be one leader hockey level the General Manager, the $$ stops here the owner. Upper management idealy stay out of hockey operations. Both Bills and Sabres have spun wheels for a long time, in Bills case many coaches have come and gone interestingly no success in Buffalo , but elsewhere, to some extent this so with Sabres, the record of upper management not a good one. Time will tell. imo

^^^This. And it is why the Sabres will rise to the top once again, unlike the Bills. That is why I made my comment earlier in the thread. I can deal with the Hindenburg, it will usher in other forms of better flight!

Oh... Actually Pat Lafontaine is a few years younger than Murray.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois