What I think the Bills need and should do in the draft

A couple of things. One is that we are looking for a not-typical linebacker. Most of the attention these days is on somebody who is an edge rusher and we have that covered with our front 4 or 5. We are also not looking for somebody who stays in a defined gap and takes on blockers. Our stunting, pressure pass rush will leave opening is unexpected spots and we need somebody with smarts and speed to cover a lot of territory. So we can get along without one the splashy edge rushing OLB and CJ appears to have that capability. There are likely a bunch of other guys that I and most of us don't know about who could do this job.............. A second issue is that we gotta gotta gotta get a big goloot at right tackle to knock defensive linemen on their kister. That will let Spiller get outside and also let him run inside. We did almost nothing outside the right tackle in running last year......A third is that RB's and WR can be found in lower rounds and we actually have a decent young core. They will look much better if EJ is secure in the pocket when he does pass.

1.) in your OP you mean Clowney right?

2.) you completely left off Watkins which will probably be the 1st WR taken.

3.) there are 7 rounds in the draft. I really do not see anything special about Mosely or Mack (aghast yes I said it. Our UB boy by way of Florida is mostly hype) You can get a great LB in the second or third round. That 6-2 to 230 - 259 body type is rather easy to find. They'll be there in the 3rd and have a great resume too.

The 6-4 4.5 big body WR with solid hands is basically a needle in a haystack.

If Evans is thee you take him, knowing it will take a year or two to develop. But also knowing you're drafting a physical freak of nature that has the floor of Sidney Rice and the ceiling if Megaton. (Yeah I said it. I've seen Evans make the jump ball catch triple covered in College similar to Johnson's highlight play in 2013)

To me it's a no brainer desicion. Your first round draft pick should be a body type with athleticism and a brain that you can't find later in the draft. If the Bills determine they like Evans brain it is a perfect fit.

Thanks to the OP for a great post. The Bills holes are pretty clear and I think that they can potentially fill all of them. They need RT, WR, LB, LG, TE and P. Free agency will really dictate the draft plan. I'd like to see Zach Strief as the Bills top free agent target (besides Byrd). I would try to sign him for about $6.5M. He graded out as the top RT in the NFL last year and NOLA may not be able to afford him.

Then the draft could realistically be something like Mike Evans (WR 1st), Gabe Jackson (LG 2nd), Chris Borland (LB 3rd) and Crockett Gilmore (TE 4th). Bandit also says that the punter from Memphis is the guy to target late in the draft so as him to the mix.

I really believe that this is the perfect way to proceed while trying to extend AW, MD, CS, & CG. You present each with fair offers (not excessive) and play them against each other. Hopefully 1 or 2 sign a team friendly offer.

Me Likey

Edited by Why So Serious?

I like Matthews and Robinson (assuming Mack is gone). #9 is too early for Lewan IMO. I'd go with Ebron if Mack, Matthews, and Robinson are gone. A QB's best friend is a nasty TE, and Ebron looks like he is going to be special. Come right back in round 2 and draft either best OT or best WR.

Obviously trading back a few spots (picking up a 2 or 3) and getting Ebron would be great, but I'm not counting on that.

Here would my ideal first 4 rounds:

1. Eric Ebron TE UNC

2. Antonio Richardson OT Tennessee

3. Chris Borland ILB Wisconsin

4. Martavis Bryant WR Clemson

:thumbsup:

1.) in your OP you mean Clowney right?

2.) you completely left off Watkins which will probably be the 1st WR taken.

3.) there are 7 rounds in the draft. I really do not see anything special about Mosely or Mack (aghast yes I said it. Our UB boy by way of Florida is mostly hype) You can get a great LB in the second or third round. That 6-2 to 230 - 259 body type is rather easy to find. They'll be there in the 3rd and have a great resume too.

The 6-4 4.5 big body WR with solid hands is basically a needle in a haystack.

If Evans is thee you take him, knowing it will take a year or two to develop. But also knowing you're drafting a physical freak of nature that has the floor of Sidney Rice and the ceiling if Megaton. (Yeah I said it. I've seen Evans make the jump ball catch triple covered in College similar to Johnson's highlight play in 2013)

To me it's a no brainer desicion. Your first round draft pick should be a body type with athleticism and a brain that you can't find later in the draft. If the Bills determine they like Evans brain it is a perfect fit.

Me Likey

Most excellent avatar Sir !

I will laugh/smile every time you post

ps If Evans is there you dont pass him by .

Edited by 3rdand12

I posted this in another thread, but it fits in just fine here too.

1. Re-sign Byrd. Make him the highest paid safety in the game. Front load his deal so it's not cap restrictive going forward. We have plenty of cap space so we can afford it.

2. As much as this pains me to say, but I'd use the 1st rounder on a RT only if Robinson (not likely) or Matthews is available at our spot. Lewan isn't a RT in my opinion and I wouldn't move Glenn unless he is 100% happy with the move. I'd much rather have Watkins or Evans, but we can find a nice receiver in the 2nd. If we draft a wide receiver here than try to sign Streif from N.O.

3. Draft the best available wideout in round two. Jordan Matthews or Kelvin Benjamin could be there. If not then grab the TE out of Notredame, Troy Niklas, or ASJ.

4. Draft a guard in round three. If we go WR and OL with our first two picks then grab our TE here and wait for round five for the lineman.

5. Sign a MLB in free agency. Jackson, Dansby, or Riley would suffice.

6. Scrap the no-huddle. Give our defense some rest.

7. Re-sign Chandler. He would be a great #2 tight end. Which leads me to #8.

8. Utilize two tight end sets more frequently. This is a running team. That's our strength. Make life easier on EJ while he makes his transition. Get rid of TJ.

That's about it. That's what I'd like to see. These moves can get us to the playoffs.

Edited by NoJustice