If we cut Bledsoe ---

Talonz

Ok, this is something that I have always wondered:

If the Bills cut Bledsoe I understand we take a 4 million dollar cap hit --

Now if say Dallas picks up Bledsoe as an UFA, do we still owe 4 million to Bledsoe or is it just a "penalty" that the Bills pay for cutting him???

If we still owe the 4 million to Bledsoe then he would get paid from Dallas and Buffalo for at least 1 year???

Ok, this is something that I have always wondered:

If the Bills cut Bledsoe I understand we take a 4 million dollar cap hit --

Now if say Dallas picks up Bledsoe as an UFA, do we still owe 4 million to Bledsoe or is it just a "penalty" that the Bills pay for cutting him???

If we still owe the 4 million to Bledsoe then he would get paid from Dallas and Buffalo for at least 1 year???

213785[/snapback]

the 4M cap hit is the remainder of his unamoritzed signing bonus.......

in other words, bledsoe was paid a 6M signing bonus last year........2M of that signing bonus hit the cap in '04 (it then became amoritzed) and the remainder was scheduled to hit the cap in the next two years of the deal.....when you trade/cut a player, the bonus accelerates and hits the cap right away (before june 1st) or is spread over the next two years (after june 1st)......because bledsoe has a roster bonus coming up, the bills will cut him before june 1st if they are going to get rid of him to avoid paying the bonus, so the hit will all be in '05........

hope this helps.......

in other words, bledsoe was paid a 6M signing bonus last year........2M of that signing bonus hit the cap in '04 (it then became amoritzed) and the remainder was scheduled to hit the cap in the next two years of the deal.....when you trade/cut a player, the bonus accelerates and hits the cap right away (before june 1st) or is spread over the next two years (after june 1st)......because bledsoe has a roster bonus coming up, the bills will cut him before june 1st if they are going to get rid of him to avoid paying the bonus, so the hit will all be in '05........

hope this helps.......

213794[/snapback]

AH - It is clear now -

He was already paid that money...Got it - Makes sense ... :devil:

hope this helps.......

213794[/snapback]

I know there must be a reason for this, but I have to figure it out. I would like to see an option where the a team that trades for a player could reimburse the original team for the the potion of the bonus that has not been amortorized, and then have become part of their cap. I think this could open up trading more so than now.

Anybody know why this is not the case