Libertarian Environmental Policy

Tiberius

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

considering how you think that you're intelligent, I'll take that as a compliment.

Still, what you wrote is basically on the level of a third grader. That was really stupid. And you actually thought about it! Ha ha

Still, what you wrote is basically on the level of a third grader. That was really stupid. And you actually thought about it! Ha ha

that just tells me that you failed the 3rd grade.

Actually, I prefer blue, just not on election days. I'm a conservative, in the sense of the word, not some gatorman definition that makes me a granny killing, religious fanatic who would just love to poison the environment but not until I have a war on women and send all the blacks back to the plantation. Practicality has to be part of the solution. I think if we had a Romney in the WH we'd be moving closer to what you want than we are now. I am afraid that we have so many entrenched judges, bureaucrats, politicians and regulations that without some extraordinary leadership with a strong will and a way of getting the public behind him/her we are doomed.

I'll take the doom if I can't have someone I can support.

Support for Mitt Romney is nothing more than a tacit support of big, activist, invasive government; just so long as a competent figurehead is at the helm. His election takes us further away from what I want, because it's a concession of mine, and like minded individual's values. Once those values are conceeded, there is no more hope for what I believe in.

I'll take the doom if I can't have someone I can support.

Support for Mitt Romney is nothing more than a tacit support of big, activist, invasive government; just so long as a competent figurehead is at the helm. His election takes us further away from what I want, because it's a concession of mine, and like minded individual's values. Once those values are conceeded, there is no more hope for what I believe in.

I think we both want to end up at the same destination, but think our own routes are the best way. I think the best way to get there is to make a long gentle turn, while you want to jerk the steering wheel in that direction. Trouble is we are driving one of those old top heavy SUV's.

I think we both want to end up at the same destination, but think our own routes are the best way. I think the best way to get there is to make a long gentle turn, while you want to jerk the steering wheel in that direction. Trouble is we are driving one of those old top heavy SUV's.

The fastest ways to get where we want to be be are as follows, in order, fastest to slowest.

a) Immediate implementation of all necessary reforms, in banking, economic policy, foreign policy, Constitutional adherence, doing away with the large majority of the Federal Government.

b) Dump gasoline on an already raging fire, accelerating the collapse, let the whole thing burn to the ground, and rebuild.

and c) Continue to buy into the false-choice, blue or red big government, hoping to reverse course, while being slowly ground down by the Leviathan machine, which ultimately will collapse in on itself, and rebuild.

There is no "d)" option. The system perpetuates itself, and the bureaucracy continues to grow to meet the needs of the growing bureaucracy, regardless of who holds the helm. Look at our history as evidence. Government does not get smaller.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

The fastest ways to get where we want to be be are as follows, in order, fastest to slowest.

a) Immediate implementation of all necessary reforms, in banking, economic policy, foreign policy, Constitutional adherence, doing away with the large majority of the Federal Government.

So then, tell us how all this will work...start with environmental policy. How will we monitor air pollution?

Funny how someone can write something so outrageous and not get called out on it. But When you have children like azalin as the posters, not surprising

So then, tell us how all this will work...start with environmental policy. How will we monitor air pollution?

Funny how someone can write something so outrageous and not get called out on it. But When you have children like azalin as the posters, not surprising

Distantly related question: what's your opinion of fascism as a governmental system?

Interesting.

Because that's what you're basically advocating.

If you say so man...

What are you smoking tonight?

a) Immediate implementation of all necessary reforms, in banking, economic policy, foreign policy, Constitutional adherence, doing away with the large majority of the Federal Government

Come on man! If this is such a great idea you'd be able to explain how it would work in just the area of the environment.

Next, maybe we could talk about how constitutional paper or electronic money is. :)

If you say so man...

You should know as well yourself. You've read Tooze (or at least you claim to have)...I would assume you've also read Shirer, and perhaps Burleigh and Chant.

Or you're full of ****, and never read anything more rigorous than a comic book.

You should know as well yourself. You've read Tooze (or at least you claim to have)...I would assume you've also read Shirer, and perhaps Burleigh and Chant.

Tooze?? You are thinking of someone else, maybe? I have read Shirer, Toland and a few others on Nazi Germany, but I'm not following your connection to the Environment. Were the Nazis clean air freaks?

How do you think it's monitored now?

I've explained how it works in this very thread. You'll have to explain why it's outrageous. Fiat declarations aren't going to cut it..

Next, maybe we could talk about how constitutional paper or electronic money is.

They are not currently Constitutional, which isn't to say that they couldn't be made Constitutional by amendment.

How do you think it's monitored now?

I've explained how it works in this very thread. You'll have to explain why it's outrageous. Fiat declarations aren't going to cut it..

They are not currently Constitutional, which isn't to say that they couldn't be made Constitutional by amendment.

Listen buddy, if I was going to advocate a total revolutionary change in society and government I'd sure as hell be able to explain how it works. Are you sticking to the people can sue crap if the air is polluted? A person will take on a rich corporation in court? That is stupid.

And I'm glad you think our entire financial system is unconstitutional. Just wonderful! Do you use dollars?

So you want us to go off and have to have these group of politicians pass constitutional amendments everytime something isn't exactly spelled out in the Constitution? You are advocating massive changes to the Constitution then? Do we need a Constitutional amendment for the Food and Drug Administration? For NASA? All while campaign funds are pouring into politicians pockets from corporations to ensure friendly judges are appointed to dismiss this frivolous law suits over pollution. Cough cough

Libertarianism=Anarchy!

Listen buddy, if I was going to advocate a total revolutionary change in society and government I'd sure as hell be able to explain how it works. Are you sticking to the people can sue crap if the air is polluted? A person will take on a rich corporation in court? That is stupid.

It is not for me to write a manifesto for your dismissal.

It is for you to come to understand what libertarianism is before you dismiss it. As it stands, there is no way any person can take your opinion on the issue seriously, as you don't know anything at all about what you are dismissing.

Do you know what the six types of libertarianism are? Do you know the differences? Do you know the philosophies from which each originates?

And I'm glad you think our entire financial system is unconstitutional. Just wonderful! Do you use dollars?

It is, though it doesn't have to be. An amendment could be passed to legitimize it.

So you want us to go off and have to have these group of politicians pass constitutional amendments everytime something isn't exactly spelled out in the Constitution? You are advocating massive changes to the Constitution then? Do we need a Constitutional amendment for the Food and Drug Administration? For NASA? All while campaign funds are pouring into politicians pockets from corporations to ensure friendly judges are appointed to dismiss this frivolous law suits over pollution. Cough cough

The States ratify Constitutional Amendments. It ensures that the States have signed off on any changes to the laws which bind them together. It was designed that way for a reason.

If something is important enough for the Federal Government to get involved, then surely the States would sign off on it.

As to the purchasing of judges, libertarian government offers no influence to sell; and eliminates the laws which allow massive corporations to exist as they do today. It is the government which grants corporate personhood and limited liability. It is the government which allows corporations to write the legislation which grants them monopoly status and guaranteed market share.

It is not for me to write a manifesto for your dismissal.

It is for you to come to understand what libertarianism is before you dismiss it. As it stands, there is no way any person can take your opinion on the issue seriously, as you don't know anything at all about what you are dismissing.

Do you know what the six types of libertarianism are? Do you know the differences? Do you know the philosophies from which each originates?

It is, though it doesn't have to be. An amendment could be passed to legitimize it.

The States ratify Constitutional Amendments. It ensures that the States have signed off on any changes to the laws which bind them together. It was designed that way for a reason.

If something is important enough for the Federal Government to get involved, then surely the States would sign off on it.

As to the purchasing of judges, libertarian government offers no influence to sell; and eliminates the laws which allow massive corporations to exist as they do today. It is the government which grants corporate personhood and limited liability. It is the government which allows corporations to write the legislation which grants them monopoly status and guaranteed market share.

Oh lord! Now you are going to abolish Corporations?!?!?! Oh do tell why!

Another strawman.

Respond to the post that I wrote.

libertarian government offers no influence to sell; and eliminates the laws which allow massive corporations to exist as they do today.

This? What does this mean?