Sidney Rice released by Seahawks

YoloinOhio

1. Albert Breer@AlbertBreer 2m
    Seahawks announce they've released WR Sidney Rice and DL Red Bryant.
  2. Albert Breer@AlbertBreer 2m
    Seattle saves $7.3 million on the cap by cutting Sidney Rice and $5.5 million by whacking Red Bryant. Total savings: $12.8 million.
    Rice is 6'4", 202, age 27.... is he a #1 WR?

Edited by YoloinOhio

With Favre, he took a lot of coverage from Harvin and did not drop many balls. But I don't think he can stay healthy enough to be a number one. I'd hate to miss out on one of the good wr's that should be around in the top of the 2nd (or even the third) because we feel Rice is the answer at that position. With all the talent in the draft this year I think we will get a shot at a wr that would normally be taken at the end of the first round. Hopefully we can get the right guy.

I really want Buffalo to sign Hakeem Nicks. If they do that, perhaps they can wait until Rd 2 to address the WR, or at least make them feel more comfortable trading down if someone is there that other teams would like to trade up for.

I really want Buffalo to sign Hakeem Nicks. If they do that, perhaps they can wait until Rd 2 to address the WR, or at least make them feel more comfortable trading down if someone is there that other teams would like to trade up for.

It was reported that Nicks was late to multiple meetings with the Giants. I think Marrone may not like that.

Nicks is from Carolina and the Panthers have a big need at WR, makes too much sense not to happen IMO. Would prefer Nicks over Rice but it isn't saying much since I don't want Rice at all.

I'd hate to miss out on one of the good wr's that should be around in the top of the 2nd (or even the third) because we feel Rice is the answer at that position.

We should sign Sideny Rice AND take one of the good wr's that should be around in the top of the 2nd (or even the third). Who says we can't do both? People say he only had one good year and I think they're talking about when he was at Vikes? He played really well and the whole season for the Seahawks in 2012. Made several big catches to win games late in the 4th quarter.

Edited by reddogblitz

Red Bryant would be far preferable to Rice. I live in the PNW and have watched every Hawks game for the past 8 years.Red Bryant is a mountain and would make the bills DL ridiculous (Dareus, Bryant, Williams and Williams...ouch!). But, I bet he re-structures anyways.

Edited by VanCity

Red Bryant would be far preferable to Rice. I live in the PNW and have watched every Hawks game for the past 8 years.Red Bryant is a mountain and would make the bills DL ridiculous (Dareus, Bryant, Williams and Williams...ouch!). But, I bet he re-structures anyways.

I do as well. Yes Red is a very good player that could help us out for sure. I was super impressed with Sidney in 2012. Dude catches everything. He made Russel Wilson look good a lot. He made huge catches late in games frequently as well.

Anything to clear cap space. Prediction: Carroll skates.

Just goes to show ya . The NFL is fixed.

If Carroll did it , and it seems he did , at worst case scenario he gets probation .

I think some misunderstand what Cut means though. " Cutting " a player is just scaring and scarring enough so the players like Red Bryant knows who is running the show ! Kind of a territorial thing.

Both of these guys should have been on the Bills radar i think . Can Bryant stop the run ? Depending on Carrington signing Bills might be in need at the postion.