Gilmore adds yoga to his fitness regimen

Beerball

Smart move...Kareem Abdul-Jabar credits yoga for his ability to stay healthy enough to play a bajillion NBA seasons.

Speaking from personal experience, the added range of motion and flexibility from regular yoga practice really does make a difference in just about every other physical endeavor.

I really, really want to do yoga (women in yoga pants :) ) . Heard nothing but good things. Gilmore is going to be a borderline pro bowler next year, barring injury. People are too quick to write off young players here.

especially ones that have played so well at times.

For all those snickering at this, you should but down your beer, get your fat butt off the couch and try yoga. It can be very, very difficult and is a great workout.

Here's a test: try a hover (sometimes called a plank) on your elbows for 30 seconds. Just on your elbows. If you don't know what a hover (or plank) is, google it. You will be humbled.

Last year I bought the DDP Yoga (Diamond Dallas Page, the former pro wrestler). It's tough. He starts you off easy though.

Typical me, I started doing the yoga for fitness and it was working, then my companies softball season started and I stopped thinking softball would be enough fitness wise. I was wrong. I'm just now getting back into the yoga though.

Ive been doing Pilates for roughly 9 months. I could only touch a few inches below my knees. My instructor told me that one day I will be able to touch my toes. I laughed.....well 8.5 months later, Im touching my toes! PILATES, YOGA and some AEROBIC exercises is the BOMB!

While I plan to get in to yoga this spring. I'll see your planking and raise you dragon flags. I'd put money that no one here or at most gyms/fitness centers could do more then 20 at one time.

They'll kill you.

I like girls who wear yoga pants and do squats and leg/back exercises in front of you.

For all those snickering at this, you should but down your beer, get your fat butt off the couch and try yoga. It can be very, very difficult and is a great workout.

Here's a test: try a hover (sometimes called a plank) on your elbows for 30 seconds. Just on your elbows. If you don't know what a hover (or plank) is, google it. You will be humbled.

I do lots of plank variations in workouts...one of the best ab/core exercises you can do