Stop Michael Sam from Playing in the NFL

...."We are losing our decency as a nation,” lobbyist Jack Burkman said in a statement, via The Hill. "Imagine your son being forced to shower with a gay man. That's a horrifying prospect for every mom in the country. What in the world has this nation come to?”

Jack Burkman, (aka douchenozzle).

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24456927/michael-sam-responds-to-lobbyist-who-wants-to-ban-gays-from-nfl

The story, and Burkman, are non-issues. God bless freedom of speech, makes it that much easier to identify the azzholes in the world.

These "sons" are now adults that can throw most grown men clear across a room. I don't think they need protection from the gay boogeyman.

And Michael Sam is right. Homosexuals have been in professional sports teams' locker rooms for years. Only difference is that, now, people outside of the locker room know who's gay.

Who the !@#$ is Jack Burkman, and why does anyone care what he thinks of Mike Sam?

The only sensible response.

No one really cares, but some will use his idiocy to push their own little agendas.

Most will give him the anonymity he richly deserves.

I either said this on another thread or on a different board I frequent as long as the guy does;t hit on his teammates and plays well, who cares.

John Matuszak says hello.

But honestly, can people actually count the number of times they've been hit on by gay guys in their work place (unless your job is a bathroom attendant in a gay bar)?

You can just send a PM to JA. You don't have to start a thread on every real or perceived slight against gays.

lol

There will always be idiots like Jack Burkman (whoever that is). The bigger problem is giving him the attention he seeks (oh no, he's preparing legislation!!). This is what the reactionaries do because they just assume he speaks for a large segment of the population and it gives them another chance to express their outrage.

John Matuszak says hello.

But honestly, can people actually count the number of times they've been hit on by gay guys in their work place (unless your job is a bathroom attendant in a gay bar)?

Twice. The first time, the guy was rather forceful and graphic about it.

Yes, I heard he sucked so much that some teams were thinking of switching him to offense in order to take advantage of his innate ability to find the hole.

wouldn't he make a better wide receiver?

Edited by Azalin