Dee Ford, Auburn in round 2?

missthe kgun

http://espn.go.com/n...adeveon-clowney

Another SEC pass rusher (Dee Ford) from Auburn says he is better than Clowney because he has better technique. This is the type of guy I would like to have because he will always have that chip on his shoulder to prove that he should have been drafted before Mr. Clowney. He states that everyone is wowed by Clowneys physique and not his game film. He will be available in the 2nd rd and I would take a highly productive player from a big time program with a chip on his shoulder any day of the week! Your thoughts on this...

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Beerball

Let me know when Dee Ford is 6'5, 266, and runs a freaking 4.56 40 yard dash. How often do Lawrence Taylor type players enter the draft...exactly!

The kid faced constant triple teams in college and still was a factor in many games. Sorta easy to get frustrated facing that sort of game planning towards you I'll wager.

In the NFL teams can't triple team any D linemen, and if there is a decent pass rusher on the other side they can't double team him very effectively either. Should the Texans select him #1 overall, i suspect that he and JJ Watt will create great havoc in the NFL next year.

Love Ford. Won't shock me at all if he ends up being a better player than Clowney. IMO, the NFL would be stupid if he makes it out of the 1st. It's definitely not a need but if the Bills picked him with their #2 pick, I would have zero problems. you can never have enough pass rushers.

Love Ford. Won't shock me at all if he ends up being a better player than Clowney. IMO, the NFL would be stupid if he makes it out of the 1st. It's definitely not a need but if the Bills picked him with their #2 pick, I would have zero problems. you can never have enough pass rushers.

I agree. And there is no way he makes it out of the first round. Not with teams like the Steelers, Ravens, and don't forget the 49ers and Seattle who all LOVE pass-rushers.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Dee Ford doesn't really fit the scheme we will be running, right? Too small to play DE in this defense and be able to hold contain in run defense, and doesn't really have the skills yet to play OLB.

He'd be a situational pass rusher.

And a very good situational pass rusher. The type of player the Bills need to help neutralize teams like the Patriots, Broncos, Saints, etc.in a previous thread my wish 3 rd mock was Mack, Ford, Fiedorowicz in that order. This draft is deep in OL, but limited in playmakers. Ford is a playmaker. Reminds me of Von Miller rushing the passer!