Jets eyeing Josh McCown

YoloinOhio

you know, I thought thad's contract was up after this past season and we hadn't signed him. just realized he is still under contract for next year. I was having a beer with jeff tuel's grandfather who said that thad thinks he is a starter in the league and wanted a shot somewhere else. I don't really think any other team could give him a better chance than one with decent rb's, pretty good wr corps and a starter with knee issues.

yea, thads not getting any open competitions this year - this is his best spot by far.

you know, I thought thad's contract was up after this past season and we hadn't signed him. just realized he is still under contract for next year. I was having a beer with jeff tuel's grandfather who said that thad thinks he is a starter in the league and wanted a shot somewhere else. I don't really think any other team could give him a better chance than one with decent rb's, pretty good wr corps and a starter with knee issues.

I can appreciate him thinking this way, makes sense and these guys have drive, But he hasn't shown that yet, Good backup.

Vick + Geno - quite the horrible INT tandem, no?

Vick only has a chance if he can peak over top Kyle Williams. And that's only if he borrows Rex's 6" pumps. Our DL is quite tall and he would be running around ti save his life. Geno, well, we already know how that goes. Our DB's just wait.

Not sure,,, on NFLN this morning they were discussing Jets now going after Vick who has said he still wants to start, and that Geno would compete with him for the starting spot in TC,. That's not ":insurance" (McCown would be, though, I'd think). They haven't really endorsed Geno too much publically, at least, to make me think they are really invested in him. He was a 2nd rd pick, and not sure how he is work ethic wise, etc... may make a difference in how they are approaching him.

I don't think they're giving up on Geno yet, but I agree Vick isn't going anywhere to sit quietly on the sidelines and nurse a young guy. Even by Jets standards, bringing in Vick would be monumentally stupid, unless the goal is limited to one year ticket sales.

I don't think they're giving up on Geno yet, but I agree Vick isn't going anywhere to sit quietly on the sidelines and nurse a young guy. Even by Jets standards, bringing in Vick would be monumentally stupid, unless the goal is limited to one year ticket sales.

and even then, vick isnt the marketing opportunity he once was, between the boycotts for his obvious transgressions and his poor QB play