Bills coaches want to move on from training staff, FO dysfunction

FluffHead

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is sadly what happens when a nearly billion dollar organization has no leader.

Yeah, I know: Russ Brandon is God here now to some. He can do ANYTHING he wants (he even said so!)

The reality is that he works for Ralph and whoever Ralph has put in place, and the reason he gets to play with Mr. Wilson's toy and act like a bigshot is that he has always been a good EMPLOYEE to them.

Graham: don't expect big changes at OBD. Long timers are in control. Marrone looking crosswise at the training staff because of his comments about EJ towards the end of the season (110% sure EJ would start final game and not need surgery).

I am not a doctor and do not play one on TV, but isn't this an issue that a team doctor primarily would have to address rather than the team trainer?

Also, this is not the first time in the history of professional sports when a player was out for longer than expected or ended up needing additional or follow up surgery.

Edited by Peter

How many people on this board have said that Littman and Overdorf were the main problem for this franchise? If I had a nickel for everytime I read it then I could buy the team from Ralph. Can't say I'm surprised by the article. I just hope they don't run off the best GM we have had since Polian by being a bunch of Ebenezer D-bags.

I am not a doctor and do not play one on TV, but isn't this an issue that a team doctor would have to address rather than the team trainer?

Also, this is not the first time in the history of professional sports when a player was out for longer than expected or ended up needing additional or follow up surgery.

Still wouldn't be surprised if it also includes the Byrd situation, and how soon we forget the dreaded Mario camp injury interview of 40 page thread fame. Add in EJ and I could see people getting antsy. Especially people without ties to carpenter. Like I said earlier though, generally speaking we as fans know very little meaningful info about trainers so it's hard to say anything greatly meaningful about the situation.

Edited by NoSaint

Yeah, I know: Russ Brandon is God here now to some.

You're the third person I've asked this of in this thread...who? So far I haven't gotten an answer from the other two.

I am not a doctor and do not play one on TV, but isn't this an issue that a team doctor primarily would have to address rather than the team trainer?

According to Graham Marrone blames the training staff.

You're the third person I've asked this of in this thread...who? So far I haven't gotten an answer from the other two.

I realize that. Nevertheless, although I generally like Marrone, I think that he is throwing these guys (who are working stiffs and presumably support their families with modest salaries compared to the millions that Marrone will be paid) under the bus.

Just my two cents.

I have hated Jeff Littman for decades and don't even know what he looks like.

That is funny. I have no idea what he looks like and blame him for the Polian fiasco etc.

Maybe I'm wrong about that, but it's been my perception.

All of this "things are different now guys, RUSS runs the show" stuff we've heard on the radio and on some message boards. Maybe I'm overstating it some because it drives me nuts.

Maybe I'm wrong about that, but it's been my perception.

All of this "things are different now guys, RUSS runs the show" stuff we've heard on the radio and on some message boards. Maybe I'm overstating it some because it drives me nuts.

i dont know that hes beloved for his accomplishments as much as simply heralded as being different so its owed patience.

i dont know that hes beloved for his accomplishments as much as simply heralded as being different so its owed patience.

I don't exactly mean to say that he's beloved. More that some have really bought into the idea that he suddenly owns the team or something, and wields absolute power.

At the end of the day, he works for Ralph (and by extension Ralph's money men in Littman and Overdorf). The idea that he can do anything other than say "Yes sir, thank you sir" to Ralph's inner circle is laughable.

You can't fire your boss. Russ has it really good and he's been a good foot solider for Mr. Wilson, which is why he gets to play big shot until the team is sold. Sounds harsh I guess but I don't quake in my shoes at the awesome power of Russ Brandon like some do. lol

Edited by TheFunPolice

I don't exactly mean to say that he's beloved. More that some have really bought into the idea that he suddenly owns the team or something, and wields absolute power.

At the end of the day, he works for Ralph (and by extension Ralph's money men in Littman and Overdorf). The idea that he can do anything other than say "Yes sir, thank you sir" to Ralph's inner circle is laughable.

You can't fire your boss. Russ has it really good and he's been a good foot solider for Mr. Wilson, which is why he gets to play big shot until the team is sold. Sounds harsh I guess but I don't quake in my shoes at the awesome power of Russ Brandon like some do. lol

which is fair enough - i think many didnt take into account that littman might also be above him on the food chain of ralphs personal finances, even if russ is declared top of the bills totem pole.