What I would like to see happen this offseason

Kellyto83TD

Load up on the D. Address LB, DE, CB upgrade all of them. Give Jim S more talent to work with. get more quality depth in here in case of injuries.

Address both Guard positions, one FA one Draft pick. Upgrade both spots. RT in the draft possibly.

Franchise Byrd. I dont' give a damn it it pisses him off again or not, this is business. He will accept a reasonable contract that still pays him well or he stays with the tag. If someone wants him like Cleveland, then trade for him. they have like 5 picks in the first 3 rounds, pony up some if you want him that badly.

Trade Stevie. We have a butt load of #2's and he is just another one that is vastly overpaid. Woods is ready to replace him, address WR in the draft in the first or 2nd round and maybe a FA.

Upgrade TE? Maybe, but Chandler if now 100% can still be really effective if used right.

I like hearing Whaley say we could even go RB. Spiller to me is Percy Harvin and we need a Beast mode to take the meat of the snaps. Marrone can talk 2 RB's all he wants, I say we need a big, strong back to pound the ball and allow us better play action. History has shown us neither of our Backs can stay healthy an entire year even splitting snaps. Lets get a beast in here for the next 5 years that can and must be dealt with in the running game.

I love the Seattle / San Fran Model. It thrilled me to see that 'old school' 'Back to basic fundamentals football' Win a championship again and do it in huge fashion. We did the 'exciting' High flying BS back in the KGun days and it was damn fun... until the superbowl. Even with the push for higher scoring, 5000 yard passers when it gets to playoff time being able to play great D, really good Special teams, run the ball and just smart, quality QB play wins games.

If we can shore up the D, solidify the OL a little more, run the ball then EJ may just work out just fine as for a QB goes and honestly my suggestions aren't that hard to implement between just a couple quality FA moves and a damn good draft. The Bills are sitting at that point, those few things and they come together this season and we flip 6-10 to 10-6.

But then again this all makes way too much sense.

Edited by Kellyto83TD

I think that it might be a little unrealistic to address as many positions as you listed (at least with high picks and good FAs), but I would have no big issue with trying to build a dominant defense.

My concern with that many resources spent on D is that the offense will be ignored again. In my opinion, they have to find another competent OG and really need at least one top receiving weapon (could be WR or TE). To me, even if Robert Woods takes a big step up this year (which I think he will), the Bills will still have an average to below average receiving group (without additions, that is).

They have a young QB with potential, even if some here want to bury him already. They need to get him some quality weapons and provide much better pass protection (and run blocking) - both of which will help any QB.

But then again this all makes way too much sense.

Agree with acquiring better players. Disagree with getting rid of two of the better players.

It sounds like you're trying to add 9 starters.

How do you want the Bills to upgrade the D? Through the draft? Through Free Agency? Who do you think would be a good fit?

Who do you want to start in place of Byrd if he's traded? Is that player on the roster?

Who do you want to line up at WR now that you traded Stevie? How will you acquire that player?

If you maybe upgrade TE, how would you do that?

Edited by uncle flap

I just wanted to respond to your post, it deserves it. I'm thinking that trading 1 or 2 of our players (Stevie?) might not be a hateful idea. This is suppose to be a very deep draft in years and reshaping our roster by trading a veteran or 2 that was from a whole other coaching staff just might be in order. I believe that our first pick in the draft (#9) will net us either a OT or a LB. After reading that the Bills are considering switching Kiko from a ILB to a weak side LB only leads me to think that OT will be our pick. I'm expecting the Bills to take Taylor Lewan, especially after watching his PC. His attitude, willingness and versatility is very appealing, not to mention his size, he's mammoth! Anyways here's to a successful draft.

Go Bills!

When you say 'better players' on a team that is pretty much always under .500 you really aren't talking about losing great players. That said Stevie is NOT a great player by any means. He is an above average WR that is a true #2 WR. We drafted a #2 last year in woods. We have a couple #3's etc. As for as Byrd, love the kid, not his dumb ass agent or him listening to the agent. But hey if all Byrd wants is money so be it.

Again franchise and trade Byrd, that is another pick odds are 2nd or most likely 3rd round.

WR, draft

OT Draft

OG, Draft and add one in FA BUT Seems our coaches like our guards for some reason so I think we only add one

TE is a maybe, depends I can see a draft pick here

LB Draft

DE, CB, Draft and FA

If Byrd is gone, draft another one.

I trade down from #9, maybe twice but definitely once so that is another pick we have. So lets say with trade down we have a first, two 2nds, two 3rds that is what 9 picks? and in a VERY deep draft where damn good talent will be found in the 4th round and talent in rounds 2-3 are pretty much the same, there is possibly 5 starters right off the bat. I would say WR, LB, G, OT would definitely be starters. And that isn't addressing any needs in FA.

Mike Mayock was saying something about this OL class being the deepest he has seen and that its possible to get starters late in the 2nd round maybe even top 3rd. ( If I heard him right). So trade down, take LB first round. WR and OT 2nd round and TE / Guard in the 3rd. Believe it or not quality talent that would be upgrades will be there then.

Chris Brown I think was wrong. LB, Guard, WR are dire needs. Beyond that he is right, we are at a point we have 'stopped the bleeding' so to speak talent wise, its now time to replace some of what we have with better talent.

I still believe it is possible with just this FA period and this draft if done right, to flip it around to a 10+ win season this year.

Edited by Kellyto83TD

Actually, I SJ13 is not overpaid. Back when he resigned someone did an excellent post about how his contract broke down to be what might only be top 25-top 30 at the time to become top like 50 or 60 in a few years. He is, likely, under paid based on his position, experience and possibly performance, as well. I am not disagreeing that he is not a true #1 but I am saying he is the best WR on this team by far and has been for many seasons. He deserves a spot on this team based on his past accomplishments alone and until he proves otherwise should be a Buffalo Bill for that reason.

As far as FA go, ILB Daryl Smith. If I am OBD I make a statement at a press conference tomorrow that he is the best FA ILB in the league. That'll get his ears perked up and make Baltimore either pay him more and franchise him...or make him interested in being paid well. If Baltimore tags him Pitta becomes a FA.

Actually, I SJ13 is not overpaid. Back when he resigned someone did an excellent post about how his contract broke down to be what might only be top 25-top 30 at the time to become top like 50 or 60 in a few years. He is, likely, under paid based on his position, experience and possibly performance, as well. I am not disagreeing that he is not a true #1 but I am saying he is the best WR on this team by far and has been for many seasons. He deserves a spot on this team based on his past accomplishments alone and until he proves otherwise should be a Buffalo Bill for that reason.

As far as FA go, ILB Daryl Smith. If I am OBD I make a statement at a press conference tomorrow that he is the best FA ILB in the league. That'll get his ears perked up and make Baltimore either pay him more and franchise him...or make him interested in being paid well. If Baltimore tags him Pitta becomes a FA.

Daryl Smith will be 32 this April. Daryl Smith's contract last season paid him $1.125 million. The franchise tag number for LB's this year is $10.9 million. If you think the Ravens would even consider slapping him with the franchise tag and nearly 10x'ing his salary from last year, you're way off base. 32 year old ILB's don't 10x their salary, and they certainly don't get paid that kind of money. As they say on the show, C'MON MAN. Edited by Estro

Daryl Smith will be 32 this April. Daryl Smith's contract last season paid him $1.125 million. The franchise tag number for LB's this year is $10.9 million. If you think the Ravens would even consider slapping him with the franchise tag and nearly 10x'ing his salary from last year, you're way off base. 32 year old ILB's don't 10x their salary, and they certainly don't get paid that kind of money. As they say on the show, C'MON MAN.

sadly, I didn't even think of that. But, I bet Balt tries to keep him.

2010-11-12 3 year span 23 Td's for Stevie.

I'd keep him.

I don't. He has attitude issues, won't attend most offseason workouts, won't lift to get stronger and faster. Completely disappears at times. I watched last year if the ball wasn't coming his way he quit his routes. He isn't worth it, we drafted his replacement last year in Woods who has a fire and passion to play, you could see it all year. Trade Stevie and get his attitude out of the locker room and inflated cap number off the team. Draft his replacement and maybe sign a mid tier FA WR

I draft Mike Evans at 9. He is the kind of target an inaccurate passer like Manual needs to be successful. We also need to find Manuel a TE. If one of the 'big three' falls the the 2nd, we need to jump on them right away. Stevie is too good to get rid of. Just like Marshawn has, SJ would prove us wrong to move him now.