• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting tweet this morning from Byrd:

@jairusbyrd: Ascension to detail...

Could be nothing, or could indicate a deal is close. One can only hope. Deadline to tag is tomorrow.

My bet's on nothing.

GO BILLS!!!

Why is spending to the cap limit the bigger issue? It's been shown time and again on this board that spending to the cap has absolutely zero correlation to winning.

Correct. We see much mentioned of the Bills not wanting to pay "fair market value" . That is a misnomer. The Bills want to pay fair value. Byrd or any other player for that matter, want UFA inflated value. The early FA signings are always overpaid. You must overpay for the talent level to land a top FA. See Levitre, M Williams, etc. No team or GM can keep them all. The system will not allow it. The Bills problem in the past has been keeping and overpaying in some instances, the wrong player(s). Byrd is a very good player. He is not Earl Thomas, and is a FS. If he can be signed to a fair contract (which I doubt ) great. If not, tag and trade may be an option. This team has far bigger needs than a FS. The Kelsay type deals over the years have shaped the opinions of many fans. This is a player you must not overpay for. Many contenders in recent years have not been in the upper tier of spending. This isn't baseball.So much more goes into building a winner than $$ spent.

All over but the crying now:

@JoeBuscaglia

I'm hearing the #Bills explored all their options including a trade of Byrd and now they're unlikely to tag him.

@JoeBuscaglia

The offer to Byrd was explained to me as "substantial." The #Bills made a big effort to sign him long-term from what I'm told.

Sounds like Byrd doesn't want to be here - shocker.

If the bills dont resign Byrd Im gonna be pissed.

If we dont use the tag on him Im going to be mega pissed, we have the goddamn cap room and the $ to at least tag and trade.

this franchise is going nowhere if they let a player like Byrd get away. PAY THE MAN

Edited by TallskiWallski83

All over but the crying now:

@JoeBuscaglia

I'm hearing the #Bills explored all their options including a trade of Byrd and now they're unlikely to tag him.

@JoeBuscaglia

The offer to Byrd was explained to me as "substantial." The #Bills made a big effort to sign him long-term from what I'm told.

Sounds like Byrd doesn't want to be here - shocker.

wowsers. I have some good faith in Joe B's reporting too.

So no tag and trade. Another quality player leaves for nothing.

They really should just fold up the tent and move to L.A.

And with the Sabres imploding too, today may be the day I cut the cord on Buffalo sports teams. Why bother?

Edited by Coach Tuesday

Joe B with all the answers...

@JoeBuscaglia

Trading a safety who wants big $$ isn't as easy as you might think when they're only on a 1-year pact.

then trade him for a third . SOMETHING GEEBUS IM IMPLODING OVER HERE

I have no problem not signing Byrd. If we made a decent offer then !@#$ him and his agent. I am with another poster thinking there have been illegal talks between his agent and the Browns. My guess if he walks he would be a Brown within just a few hours of the start of free agency. Is he good, sure. But no singular safety is worth the money he is apparently demanding. 'Keeping your own' is fine as long as you aren't stupid about it , and offering a really huge contract to just a safety vs. D Line, LB, OL, QB etc is flat out stupid. Besides you can make great offers but if like Lynch and a couple others, they flat out don't want to be here, you aren't going to keep them. Now what does bug me is the rumor we wont' tag and sign him. Something else is going on here that we don't know about. It makes no sense

then trade him for a third . SOMETHING GEEBUS IM IMPLODING OVER HERE

Why are you imploding? He is just a safety. Its not like we are losing a probowl QB, LT etc.

Edited by Kellyto83TD

I have no problem not signing Byrd. If we made a decent offer then !@#$ him and his agent. I am with another poster thinking there have been illegal talks between his agent and the Browns. My guess if he walks he would be a Brown within just a few hours of the start of free agency. Is he good, sure. But no singular safety is worth the money he is apparently demanding. 'Keeping your own' is fine as long as you aren't stupid about it , and offering a really huge contract to just a safety vs. D Line, LB, OL, QB etc is flat out stupid. Besides you can make great offers but if like Lynch and a couple others, they flat out don't want to be here, you aren't going to keep them. Now what does bug me is the rumor we wont' tag and sign him. Something else is going on here that we don't know about. It makes no sense

Why are you imploding? He is just a safety. Its not like we are losing a probowl QB, LT etc.

because we are getting no value for him , i feel like Bills are losing in this

But i agree something seems askew here

Edited by 3rdand12

The chances of Byrd being in Buffalo next year are about zero. He's a jerk, his agent is a bigger jerk and if the Bills franchise him again he'll play less than he did this year due to attitude. That and 10 other teams will want him. That and it's not cool to play in Buffalo. I'd love to be wrong about all of this.

Looks like you may be right, according to Jeremy White. The Bills are idiots if they don't franchise Byrd and at the bare minimum get a third round pick in return.