Jairus Byrd [was Jarius Byrd]

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A. Williams makes $1.67m 2014/15 then UFA. The Bills should extend him now, not wait till the last minute. If a good player won't sign, trade under contract. The Bills have been burned enough times by walk aways.

Agreed. Athletic, versatile, and from what I've read and seen, has good football smarts. Diagnoses plays well. For example, how he keyed Byrd into an easy interception against the Jets by recognizing a play. And if we sign him early, we could get a bunch of years with him at huge value.

Agreed. Athletic, versatile, and from what I've read and seen, has good football smarts. Diagnoses plays well. For example, how he keyed Byrd into an easy interception against the Jets by recognizing a play. And if we sign him early, we could get a bunch of years with him at huge value.

He is also very tight with Fred Jackson, who is his mentor. I think he could be a young leader on this defense.

Williams developed so much this year. The Bills have McKelvin, Gilmore and Robey locked up relatively cheaply for 3 more years each--spend the money on safety that other teams would spend on Corner....The Bills are in great shape even if we pay Williams and Byrd a combined $14-15M per year.

Edited by JoeF

I didn't know this but it makes me like him even more.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Jackson-and-Williams-A-bond-deeper-than-football/c75549a5-cf44-440b-8d31-af793a122f14

Every Friday night in the fall before home games, he asks on Twitter which is best HS game to go to that night... and then he picks one and goes, usually with another player, and live tweets about the two teams. He really likes Buffalo.

Edited by YoloinOhio

FWIW...

Kevin Massare@KevinMassare 2m

Hearing we should have a decision on plan for Jairus Byrd soon.

Kevin Massare@KevinMassare 3m
    @TSims2013 I don't think that is quite the option. Tag is more likely than letting him go. Parker is driving a tough bargain.

@bmoney728 @BuddyNixon No, our first priority is a long term contract. We are in the 9mil range right now according to what I am hearing

Edited by YoloinOhio

@bmoney728 @BuddyNixon No, our first priority is a long term contract. We are in the 9mil range right now according to what I am hearing

interesting, if true. and really, id be surprised if that left the gap so wide that we couldnt be productive in talks even if the tag is used and it comes down to july.

interesting, if true. and really, id be surprised if that left the gap so wide that we couldnt be productive in talks even if the tag is used and it comes down to july.

If this dude really does have the info, then the even more interesting tweet convo (to me at least) is this:

Kevin Massare@KevinMassare 38m

Expand

[*]

DiPro@JDiProjetto 38m

@KevinMassare which way they leaning?

Expand

[*]

Kevin Massare@KevinMassare 24m

@JDiProjetto Leaning on getting a deal done, Its up to Parker to agree to terms. But Byrd might continue to press.

If this dude really does have the info, then the even more interesting tweet convo (to me at least) is this:

Kevin Massare@KevinMassare 38m

Expand

[*]

DiPro@JDiProjetto 38m

@KevinMassare which way they leaning?

Expand

[*]

Kevin Massare@KevinMassare 24m

@JDiProjetto Leaning on getting a deal done, Its up to Parker to agree to terms. But Byrd might continue to press.

What does this mean? Parker could agree but Byrd choose not to take it (because he would rather be tagged/traded)?

What does this mean? Parker could agree but Byrd choose not to take it (because he would rather be tagged/traded)?

I actually assumed it was the other way around...that Parker could drive a harder bargain than Buffalo is currently willing to offer, but that Byrd could press Parker to get the deal done.

its a really poorly written tweet. your take is how i read it in my head, but with rumors that byrd wants a deal done by March 1 he could be meaning that byrd would press parker for a conclusion short of parkers projected terms even. its ambiguous at best.

that its the first rumblings of being close at any point in this is a great sign, regardless of the next couple days.

Edited by NoSaint