Jairus Byrd [was Jarius Byrd]

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Specific info. They really like him a lot, but speed and a few more minor things keep them from thinking he's worth as much as he wants...................I personally think they should pay him top money because of their cap room and not wanting to create a hole. Sometimes you overpay, sometimes you underpay - depending on timing.

I'm not being sarcastic or trying to paint you into a corner, but by "specific info" are meaning someone in the BILLS organization has made these exact statements to you either in person or via correspondence? Just wondering what the "specific info" is referring to, not being a douche-hole....well, if you knew me you might think so, but then THAT would be on specific info...

id say his answer was fluff, but he was far from giving an endorsement to the possible replacements. for all the bad blood talk, i get the impression marrone really does genuinely like byrd and want him on the team. could be wrong, but....

What do we all think Bryd is worth per season?

I say $8.75 mil

CBF

I'd say if Chancellor is making roughly $7 mil and Berry making roughly $8.3, I'd split the difference and pay him $7.65 million / yr for six years and let him either take it or take the Tag and Trade option, up to him...

And for those who say but Polomolu is making $9 mil +, I'd ask you to go back to the Steelers and ask them how they feel about that choice?? Over-paying for an aging Safety and who hasn't come anywhere near that value over the last two seasons....

id say his answer was fluff, but he was far from giving an endorsement to the possible replacements. for all the bad blood talk, i get the impression marrone really does genuinely like byrd and want him on the team. could be wrong, but....

It is safe to say EVERY coach, trainer, teammate, GM, and President on the team wants Byrd as well. This is a fact.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm not being sarcastic or trying to paint you into a corner, but by "specific info" are meaning someone in the BILLS organization has made these exact statements to you either in person or via correspondence? Just wondering what the "specific info" is referring to, not being a douche-hole....well, if you knew me you might think so, but then THAT would be on specific info...

ive learned that pressing usually doesnt get more detailed answers on these. if he wanted to share his source, he would have when i opened the door. i read his answer as him knowing someone within the team and that being the word of mouth he got from that person. whether that persons well connected, the info is accurate, etc... is up for you to decide.

(not to speak for bbb, but with a variety of posters that have inside info, thats typically the take away)

I'd say if Chancellor is making roughly $7 mil and Berry making roughly $8.3, I'd split the difference and pay him $7.65 million / yr for six years and let him either take it or take the Tag and Trade option, up to him...

And for those who say but Polomolu is making $9 mil +, I'd ask you to go back to the Steelers and ask them how they feel about that choice?? Over-paying for an aging Safety and who hasn't come anywhere near that value over the last two seasons....

This is all moot if there is one iota of truth to the reports that Byrd will command north of $10m in average salary.

GO BILLS!!!

It is safe to say EVERY coach, trainer, teammate, GM, and President on the team wants Byrd as well. This is a fact.

GO BILLS!!!

i used to think it went without saying, but reading posts around here the last 6 months, it seems worth saying!

ive learned that pressing usually doesnt get more detailed answers on these. if he wanted to share his source, he would have when i opened the door. i read his answer as him knowing someone within the team and that being the word of mouth he got from that person. whether that persons well connected, the info is accurate, etc... is up for you to decide.

(not to speak for bbb, but with a variety of posters that have inside info, thats typically the take away)

Good deal...wasn't really trying to press him, just didn't want to make any assumptions either...but, that doesn't mean I'm going to be some touch-hole and call him a liar, b/c that's exactly the kind of thing we need *LESS* of around here...if it puts him / her in a diffcult position that's fair and I'll rescind curiousity and question...

This is all moot if there is one iota of truth to the reports that Byrd will command north of $10m in average salary.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree...if he's "commanding" north of $10m in average, then Tag and Trade it is...but, there are those who believe you pay him whatever he wants just b/c the BILLS currently "have" the money to do it....

Good deal...wasn't really trying to press him, just didn't want to make any assumptions either...but, that doesn't mean I'm going to be some touch-hole and call him a liar, b/c that's exactly the kind of thing we need *LESS* of around here...if it puts him / her in a diffcult position that's fair and I'll rescind curiousity and question...

he might give more, but that he kept it vague signaled read between the lines to me. like i said, i cant speak for bbb at all, just a rule of thumb i use.

I say $8.75 mil

CBF

Per season, on average...how I'd write it? I'd go $9.25-9.5mm. I'd give $12mm guaranteed this year up front, one time bonus, and wind it down to drop off a little each year with an optional 7th year that would go up.

You nailed it, NoSaint........I'd rather stay vague, but it's definitely not my opinion. And, like I said, they really like him. But, he's not flawless and speed was the first thing I heard.

You're banging a cheerleader, aren't you?

You tilted your hand when you said nailed.

You nailed it, NoSaint........I'd rather stay vague, but it's definitely not my opinion. And, like I said, they really like him. But, he's not flawless and speed was the first thing I heard.

i know when k9 sinks his teeth into something like that its normally an indication hes heard it from his people as well, so it wasnt shocking. i was under that impression before, and you confirming it wasnt just an educated guess, i think in my book confirms that the sentiment exists.

the bills could be $50 million under and it WON'T MATTER.....Tyrd's #1 priority is to become an UFA.

it is a virtual certainty Tyrd will become a UFA no latter than 2015. he's NOT accepting any long term offer from buffalo.

the bills ONLY option is to tag him and then likely trade him before a repeat of him not signing the tender or reporting to camp.

Is that you Jarius ?

He's the coach ! Of course he wants him on the f n team !! The guy makes plays .

There wasn't the question, in my mind IF they wanted him .

Here is my new concern . and allow me to preface. because i forget to do that sometimes .

I am a big Aaron Williams fan based almost solely on his play last year. He seemed to find good footing in the safety position while Byrd was physically deterred with those toe nail issues . Then he moved back to CB ! And he looked serviceable or better. Then he returned to safety.

Some think he was trending Pro Bowl . I think he deserved some strong votes.

My question is this , if we sign Byrd for a long term contract............

Can we afford Aaron too when his comes up.

Two potentially elite (potentially I said !) safeties on the Bills ? and getting paid like them. Probably not going to happen.

Thoughts ?

I say $8.75 mil

CBF

9.25 at the MOST, but won't be upset if they pay more. Not my money, not my problem, and I'll never complain that the team does whatever it has to do to keep top talent in town.