Jairus Byrd [was Jarius Byrd]

From what I found his cap # for next year is about 4.5 million. Sport trac had it and I'm feeling to lazy to link it :bag:

That makes perfect sense. His bonuses are probably worth about 3.5m a year on average over four years, and his last year of rookie salary is probably about 1m.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aaron Williams new 6.5$ mill contract accounts for the 23 million down the 16.5 million....

I'm aware that there was a charge for Williams......that number should have still been A LOT more than $23M if they rolled over the $18M they had at the end of 2013.

$18M rollover plus $10M new cap room plus whatever they had under the cap when it was scheduled to be in the low $120M range........they should have had closer to $35M+ prior to signing AW.

Not surprising to me. This is why I was saying he couldn't pull the PF crap again if he got tagged this year. Nobody would give money to a player who had to miss time in 2 straight years phantom injury or not. It looks like this year hurt him more than I thought though. The less I hear about Byrd as FA is beginning the more of a possibility his return becomes.

many of us brought it up in the discussions that it probably wasnt made up for leverage but a legitimate injury that he was worried may get worse.

additionally theres the hip(?) question mark that he came into the league with.

i still think he gets a pretty nice deal, and things are just being kept hush hush. i dont think they push as hard as they do to get to FA without an offer or two in their pockets already (though that can always fall apart)

I'm aware that there was a charge for Williams......that number should have still been A LOT more than $23M if they rolled over the $18M they had at the end of 2013.

$18M rollover plus $10M new cap room plus whatever they had under the cap when it was scheduled to be in the low $120M range........they should have had closer to $35M+ prior to signing AW.

Brandonomoics? And then there's the Fitz charge split between '13 and '14 which gets them to 12M in dead money.

Jeff McLane (@Jeff_McLane)

3/11/14, 3:08 PM

Got this from an NFL executive not in the Jairus Byrd sweepstakes: "Good player, but not clean health. I would not give him a ton of money"

It just seems like all 32 owners know he was faking the turf toe last season during his holdout and all 32 owners are not eager to reward that behavior for a safety.

So what happens in 3 years if he under or over performs?

It's not a sound investment when a player has a history of playing games like that.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I can honestly say at this point that I do not really want him back. It is just too much to pay 2 safeties. I would rather take care of the OL with the cap space and a run stuffing LB. I guess if they could do something like this cap wise Byrd ($8.5M), Strief ($5M), Wharton ($2.5M), Dickson ($2M) and Rey ($2M) I would be okay with it. I really want to make sure that they can lock up Dareus but that may have to wait if this happens. This would still address the OL.