Jairus Byrd [was Jarius Byrd]

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If the Browns really are a sure thing for whitner, as being reported, and Miami is just a smokescreen, that leaves Washington and st Louis as the most possible landing spots for Byrd, and their interest seems less than overwhelming.

Heres to hoping Parker gets exposed tomorrow.

What would happen on this board if Byrd ends up coming back to Buffalo for less than the uber-contract he was expecting?

Not saying it'll happen...just wondering aloud.

If it does I think we should have a "Whaley Avatar Day" in honor of our GM...

Because that would be pretty freaking awesome... B-)

how did i never hear about byrds speed as an issue over the last 5 years and suddenly ive heard about it 20 times in the last week

The human mind is an amazing thing, or more specifically, the human mind of a Buffalo Bill's fan on the verge of being dumped.

Kind of like remembering that ex-girlfriend who was pretty damn hot while convincing yourself she wasn't that special.

well, one would assume hed get that. less than 8m would be a major surprise for everyone, i think.

That's exactly what I was thinking...

If Byrd leaves and the contract ends up being in the $8 million range I think it's pretty clear he did not want to be in Buffalo...I can't imagine the Bills offered less...Especially if the AP report was accurate... B-)

I am listening to WGR on line. The urge to drive 500 miles back home to Buffalo to put my foot up the back sides of Schop and Bulldog. Byrd, IMO, did not want to resign amount with Buffalo for any amount of money. I think he was disappointed by being drafted to Buffalo in the first place. He wants his big pay day and play for a winner. Good luck to him.

If Byrd leaves and the contract ends up being in the $8 million range I think it's pretty clear he did not want to be in Buffalo...I can't imagine the Bills offered less...Especially if the AP report was accurate... B-)

Sounds similar to Vanek and Miller having no interest in re-signing with the Sabres. The current state of Buffalo Sports Teams. :cry: Here's to better days. :beer:

yea, even if he leaves, i wouldnt be shocked if theres a little bit of fake money tagged on the end for the sake of "highest paid" even if its not expected to be earned and forces him to be a free agent after 3-4 years. ive been in the camp that suspects on the open market hed be around 10, but that the averages with what amounts to a team option year at the end would be a little higher than that -- and that possibly we were trying to get that year or two on the back end cheap to average out in the 9s even if it starts at 10m for a few years(and parker would rather one last crack at free agency before he signs off on a deal structured that way).

youd have to think hed have a pretty good idea what would be on the table, given they were allowed to talk to other teams last year, and im sure spoke with other teams even at the combine.

I am listening to WGR on line. The urge to drive 500 miles back home to Buffalo to put my foot up the back sides of Schop and Bulldog. Byrd, IMO, did not want to resign amount with Buffalo for any amount of money. I think he was disappointed by being drafted to Buffalo in the first place. He wants his big pay day and play for a winner. Good luck to him.

What are they saying?

If the Browns really are a sure thing for whitner, as being reported, and Miami is just a smokescreen, that leaves Washington and st Louis as the most possible landing spots for Byrd, and their interest seems less than overwhelming.

Heres to hoping Parker gets exposed tomorrow.

What would make it even better, is that Byrd turns around and fires Parker.

Agree with your points on Byrd. As for Dope and The bullfrog, I had to turn it off.