OT - Computer Disk Drive question

bartshan-83

If anyone could help me here, please let me know. I have HP Pavillion with a DVD-Rom and CD-RW drive. All of a sudden, neither drives work!! When I put a CD or DVD in the DVD bay, it just says there is no disk present. When I put a CD in the CD drive, it says, "drive busy" and then eventually "no disk in drive." What gives? Is there a way I can remove the holders and somehow clean the lense or is that even a possible problem? Am I basically gonna have to suck it up and take it to Best Buy and get bent over?

I appreciate anything yall can give me.

If anyone could help me here, please let me know. I have HP Pavillion with a DVD-Rom and CD-RW drive. All of a sudden, neither drives work!! When I put a CD or DVD in the DVD bay, it just says there is no disk present. When I put a CD in the CD drive, it says, "drive busy" and then eventually "no disk in drive." What gives? Is there a way I can remove the holders and somehow clean the lense or is that even a possible problem? Am I basically gonna have to suck it up and take it to Best Buy and get bent over?

I appreciate anything yall can give me.

213494[/snapback]

Reload the drivers and check the connection from the motherboard to the back of the drive. There is a drive cleaning kit that you can buy at places like WalMart.

If all that fails, replace the thing yourself. It's a lot easier than you think and all the necessary instructions for it will come in the box or be available on the internet.