The Ukraine is Weak

meazza

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What great detriment comes to our interests if Russia grows itself slightly through thugish behavior?

Partly the chilling effect it'll have on the EU, but mostly the increased influence it'll gain Russia in the Middle East at the expense of ours. Plus the possibility of increased adventurism by some of Russia's client states (notably Iran). On the positive side, it probably results in closer ties with Eastern Europe and the Baltic states, who aren't exactly eager to see an imperialist resurgent Russia. Worst case is a return to a bipolar Cold War world, though I wouldn't consider that likely.

Well, aside from the fact that letting larger countries bully smaller ones completely eviscerates any credibility we have as the "world police" on the international stage. Though some would consider that a benefit as well...

Well, aside from the fact that letting larger countries bully smaller ones completely eviscerates any credibility we have as the "world police" on the international stage. Though some would consider that a benefit as well...

Those people are usually the ones that have never lived in a time period where America was the world police.

Partly the chilling effect it'll have on the EU, but mostly the increased influence it'll gain Russia in the Middle East at the expense of ours. Plus the possibility of increased adventurism by some of Russia's client states (notably Iran). On the positive side, it probably results in closer ties with Eastern Europe and the Baltic states, who aren't exactly eager to see an imperialist resurgent Russia. Worst case is a return to a bipolar Cold War world, though I wouldn't consider that likely.

What are the specific drawbacks to Russia growing their influence in the middle east at our expense?

What are the specific drawbacks to Russia growing their influence in the middle east at our expense?

Their history in the region?

... Not to mention their present: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/03/04/russian-spies-go-on-trial-for-turkish-hit.html

Also, found this on the interwebs. Not sure if it's real, but apparently that's then KGB Putin with the camera around his neck posing as a tourist to get an up close look at Reagan.

tumblr_mti8onzTAz1re5o97o1_1280.jpg

Edited by GreggyT

So, Obama spoke to 1st graders or less about Ukraine and had "harsh words" for Putin? ABC, what were those words? Can you do your job?

He then went on to:

The setting is ridiculous. He might just as well delivered his comments from on top of a merry-go-round horse.

He tried, but there was a tough looking 6 year old that wouldn't give up his favorite pony. And after assessing his options Obama went with the alphabet rug.

The boy's parents are now being audited.

So Obama is a weakling in foreign affairs?

But he is accused of being a freedom killing bully tyrant in domestic affairs?

Huh?

Now your catching on. He hates this country. At least the free market, individual liberty, capitalist version of it. He has no leadership history on his resume (governor or even mayor) . Considering he is nothing more than a low level community organizer with no practical experience in either the private or diplomatic sectors, your statement all of sudden makes sense doesn't it? Edited by Dante

So Obama is a weakling in foreign affairs?

But he is accused of being a freedom killing bully tyrant in domestic affairs?

Huh?

Yep. The irony being that Barry views Putin the way many Americans view Barry.

Also, found this on the interwebs. Not sure if it's real, but apparently that's then KGB Putin with the camera around his neck posing as a tourist to get an up close look at Reagan.

tumblr_mti8onzTAz1re5o97o1_1280.jpg

it can't be Putin. this guy's got a shirt on.

Oh I think JFK might have caused a spot or two in Castro's shorts.

I'm not sure about that. When it came to Castro, JFK was a little too invested in playing silly buggers with Allan Dulles to be truly scary.

Khrushchev, on the other hand...

Vice news behind the scenes in Ukraine part 2

https://news.vice.com/video/russian-roulette-the-invasion-of-ukraine-dispatch-two

Meanwhile UN envoy Robert Serry claims Russians tried to rustle him into car w force but he got away. Lot of pro-Russia "thugs" running around.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Vice news behind the scenes in Ukraine part 2

https://news.vice.co...ne-dispatch-two

Meanwhile UN envoy Robert Serry claims Russians tried to rustle him into car w force but he got away. Lot of pro-Russia "thugs" running around.

Having perused that site now for a little bit, I think I can honestly say: that is one retarded site.

The "How to conquer Russia" op-ed was particularly brilliant. :lol:

Having perused that site now for a little bit, I think I can honestly say: that is one retarded site.

The "How to conquer Russia" op-ed was particularly brilliant. :lol:

Yea they are a little hipster-ish and I think Bill Maher is linked to them somehow.

Videos from Argentina and Ukraine are worthwhile though. Get to see a lot.