The Ukraine is Weak

meazza

Sorry Troll, I don't talk to you.

Watching Kerry rattling the, I'd like to say saber but it's more like rattling the threat of potential possible undefined economic punishment, this morning on MTP.

The truth is that if the US had been on the ball here, we would not have needed to go to war. We, and concerned allies, would have been applying pressure to Russia well in advance of this. The fact that it's already over means that, just like I said, we got caught off guard. It's over Johnny. By the time the US and allies make sanctions, Putin will be done with this latest global power play and we will all be saying "bad boy" until the next soft president comes and resets the Russia relationship again like Obama did.

Russia is playing a long game here. Putin must find American politics hilarious.

Edited by John Adams

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching Kerry rattling the, I'd like to say saber but it's more like rattling the threat of potential possible undefined economic punishment, this morning on MTP.

The truth is that if the US had been on the ball here, we would not have needed to go to war. We, and concerned allies, would have been applying pressure to Russia well in advance of this. The fact that it's already over means that, just like I said, we got caught off guard. It's over Johnny. By the time the US and allies make sanctions, Putin will be done with this latest global power play and we will all be saying "bad boy" until the next soft president comes and resets the Russia relationship again like Obama did.

Russia is playing a long game here. Putin must find American politics hilarious.

if we'd been on the ball? Really, what could Obama have done? Oh that's right, you can't answer me...

The problem with this entire situation is precisely what you're saying: it was over before the US/UN could tell what was happening and no amount of backtracking, shaming or sanctions will change things now. So it's should come as no surprise this administration's best move is for Kerry to, essentially, shame Putin for wearing bell-bottoms in a skinny jeans world. I thought the Rocky IV comment was odd, but in full context, it's clear that it's just not odd. It's all they've got. The plan is to talk to Putin like he's a six-year-old.

“You just don’t in the 21st century behave in 19th century fashion by invading another country,” Kerry said on CBS’s “Face the Nation.”\

“That’s not the act of somebody who’s strong, “ Kerry added, saying Putin is acting out of “weakness” and “desperation.

Hill link here.

Edited by LABillzFan

Publically the big mistake Obama made is issuing the "there will be consequences" statement and then calling Putin only to get nowhere on the call. I doubt Obama cares if Russia ends up annexing part of Ukraine so why even make the statement. In no way does this impact his mission of economic justice and Democrat rule in America.

Edited by keepthefaith

Publically the big mistake Obama made is issuing the "there will be consequences" statement and then calling Putin only to get nowhere on the call. I doubt Obama cares if Russian ends up annexing part of Ukraine so why even make the statement. In no way does this impact his mission of economic justice and Democrat rule in America.

"red line"

"consequences"

Sure, it's don't send our boys in to get mixed up in other peoples ancient hatreds, if that can be helped. Too bad Bush didn't follow that example. Obama's foreign policy is a huge improvement over Bush's

You do realize there are treaties specifically signed with the US and Ukraine for situations like this.

Do you even read the posts you are responding to, retard?

As much as it's my brain to read such drizzle, yes. You idiot

You do realize there are treaties specifically signed with the US and Ukraine for situations like this.

And??

And that they have to !@#$ing honor them???

And that they have to !@#$ing honor them???

How? What treaties are you yammering about and what do they call for? Ukraine isn't in NATO or anything, so you can't claim that.

Your take on this seems quite skewed to me - my take is the West has been provocative and so far Putin has been up to the challenge of mostly mitigating Russia's losses (I guess you call that playing the long game if the long game is waiting for America to self-destruct) - Russia hasn't ringed us with up-graded anti-missile bases, color revolutions, put military bases in Canada and Mexico, knocked off our client states one after another, If Russia was acting like us they'd foment unrest in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, and other Middle-east authoritarian regimes, supply anti-air weapons to the Taliban, offer Pakistan billions of dollars in oil and gas to kick out the American Military- but that is not the case what they have been doing is playing defense (at a high level yes but still defense).

Your take on this seems quite skewed to me - my take is the West has been provocative and so far Putin has been up to the challenge of mostly mitigating Russia's losses (I guess you call that playing the long game if the long game is waiting for America to self-destruct) - Russia hasn't ringed us with up-graded anti-missile bases, color revolutions, put military bases in Canada and Mexico, knocked off our client states one after another, If Russia was acting like us they'd foment unrest in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, and other Middle-east authoritarian regimes, supply anti-air weapons to the Taliban, offer Pakistan billions of dollars in oil and gas to kick out the American Military- but that is not the case what they have been doing is playing defense (at a high level yes but still defense).

Don't be such a simpleton: Russia isn't after world domination. That's not a possibility for any country.

Don't be such a simpleton: Russia isn't after world domination. That's not a possibility for any country.

where the !@#$ did I say anything of the kind in fact I wrote the complete opposite - that Russia has been playing defense against a provocative West

where the !@#$ did I say anything of the kind in fact I wrote the complete opposite - that Russia has been playing defense against a provocative West

Should Russia not just join the West? What are the odds some sort of superior prosperity comes to any organization that isn't working in conjunction with "the west?"

Should Russia not just join the West? What are the odds some sort of superior prosperity comes to any organization that isn't working in conjunction with "the west?"

This sounds like Russia has been hostile to the West but it's been quite the opposite - refusing to be bent over and !@#$ed is not hostility