[OT] The Apprentice

Just Jack

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife agreed with Kristen, but I told her that they need a dumpster, so it should be ordered and the budget should then be $19,300.  However replacing all the toilets was stupid, as was the decision to not even vacuum the carpets (I guess no budget room for a Dyson!).

221375[/snapback]

Yep, the toilet thing was bound to come back and bite him in the asss. If this were an evaluation over a longer period of time, maybe you go ahead and just pull them. But this was supposed to be a 48 hr turnaround and then guests staying for one single night. There is something to be said for doing things the right way, but in this situation he had to prioritize his budget within the time frame allotted, and he failed in that regard. Having no money left to do the carpets was disastrous.......I totally agree.

i thought it was funny when Kristin wouldn't shut up in the van. and Audrey and Angie were trying to get her to not speak for 10 seconds. she couldn't do it. and Angie finally said...."SHUT THE &*$%@ UP!!!!!"

:P:)

I agree with you regarding the dumpster issue. He should have said, "listen Kristen, you and I both know that the dumpster is needed so we will order it now since we are under a time crunch. While we are waiting for it to arrive we can sit down and discuss the budget and how we will appropriate the rest of the funds. There is no need to put EVERYTHING off until after the budget meeting since we know that the dumpster is needed regardless of the paths we take in tis task."

Kristen gets her budget talk, the dumpster is ordered, and the rest of the team knows that ideas will be listened to but there is someone in charge who will make the final decisions.

ABSOLUTELY! So why aren't we on the show KRC? I watch the darn thing, but I'm amazed at how some of these people work. I wouldn't hire most of them - they lack self disclipline, organization and work ethic.

ABSOLUTELY! So why aren't we on the show KRC?  I watch the darn thing, but I'm amazed at how some of these people work. I wouldn't hire most of them - they lack self disclipline, organization and work ethic.

221446[/snapback]

We would make these other people look bad. The decisions some of these people make are absolutely mindboggling. I agree with you, must of the people on the show would never be hired in my company. As you mentioned, the lack of maturity, lack of discipline, the lack of organization, the lack of work ethic and the lack of essential people skills of some of these contestants is stunning.

We would make these other people look bad. The decisions some of these people make are absolutely mindboggling. I agree with you, must of the people on the show would never be hired in my company. As you mentioned, the lack of maturity, lack of discipline, the lack of organization, the lack of work ethic and the lack of essential people skills of some of these contestants is stunning.

221461[/snapback]

True, but if they were all outstanding candidates,

it may not make for good television...

IMO definitely something they consider while selecting the contestants.

True, but if they were all outstanding candidates,

it may not make for good television...

IMO definitely something they consider while selecting the contestants.

221467[/snapback]

I do not disagree with you. They purposely select these candidates for the potential drama that might ensue. Other more worthy candidates are not selected because they do not supply the "drama factor" necessary to make the show a success.

I really think that if Michael did not have the exception, and he still acted the way he did, Trump would have had a tough choice between Danny and him.

And did you notice the girl on Street Smarts in the purple top during the 1st half of the show? Could she have any more buttons undone on that shirt?

And did you notice the girl on Street Smarts in the purple top during the 1st half of the show? Could she have any more buttons undone on that shirt?

227795[/snapback]

I don't know about the girl on the Street Smarts team, but all of a sudden, Stephanie on the Books Smarts team is looking like a pretty hot hoochie momma!

:lol:

Her along with Audrey on the other team! :huh:

Last nights show really sucked. I am a little tired of watching everyone attack the Team Leader. I would start firing people off of my team if I faced so much insubordination.

I don't know about the girl on the Street Smarts team, but all of a sudden, Stephanie on the Books Smarts team is looking like a pretty hot hoochie momma!

:lol:

Her along with Audrey on the other team!  :huh:

Last nights show really sucked.  I am a little tired of watching everyone attack the Team Leader.  I would start firing people off of my team if I faced so much insubordination.

228372[/snapback]

I think that's EXACTLY what trump is waiting for. A team leader to say "ya know what? if you aren't gonna help here, you are fired. Go back to the suite."

In the first season, he told one of the finalists that they should have done that with Omarosa (sp)...

I think that's EXACTLY what trump is waiting for. A team leader to say "ya know what? if you aren't gonna help here, you are fired. Go back to the suite."

In the first season, he told one of the finalists that they should have done that with Omarosa (sp)...

228374[/snapback]

Well, that's kinda what the guitar guy did last night. He had the exemption guy just go on the street and hand out flyers.

When Trump said, "Why didn't you just tell him to get lost?" I expected guitar guy to say something like, "I pretty much did that by giving him an insignificant job once he made it clear that he didn't want to help the team." I think that would've won him some points. But he didn't say that.

CW

Well, that's kinda what the guitar guy did last night.  He had the exemption guy just go on the street and hand out flyers.

When Trump said, "Why didn't you just tell him to get lost?" I expected guitar guy to say something like, "I pretty much did that by giving him an insignificant job once he made it clear that he didn't want to help the team."  I think that would've won him some points.  But he didn't say that.

What Danny SHOULD have done is tell Michael "go ahead, tell them your brilliant ideas," you know the ones involving hookers and prostitutes? That would have set-off Carolyn at least and made Trump rethink the exemption thing. I was waiting for Danny or Trump or someone to ask Michael, but they didn't. Even though it was ultimately Danny's fault they lost (they would have won if they had used just a simple slogan like "Taster's Choice is music to your mouth," to go along with the iPod thing), focusing the attention on Michael's stupid/misogynistic idea might have been in the vein of Bradford getting fired (i.e. not being responsible for the loss, but doing something else to deserve being fired). Too bad because I liked Danny.

What Danny SHOULD have done is tell Michael "go ahead, tell them your brilliant ideas," you know the ones involving hookers and prostitutes?  That would have set-off Carolyn at least and made Trump rethink the exemption thing.  I was waiting for Danny or Trump or someone to ask Michael, but they didn't.  Even though it was ultimately Danny's fault they lost (they would have won if they had used just a simple slogan like "Taster's Choice is music to your mouth," to go along with the iPod thing), focusing the attention on Michael's stupid/misogynistic idea might have been in the vein of Bradford getting fired (i.e. not being responsible for the loss, but doing something else to deserve being fired).  Too bad because I liked Danny.

228438[/snapback]

Anyone else wanna !@#$ the bitchiness right out of "Carolyn"....